Celebrate with Mabel!

If you have recently taken in a rescue Schnauzer or rehomed a Schnauzer and need some advice, then please feel free to ask here. Whether it be about integrating your new dog into your home, health or behavioural issues, someone is sure to be able to help.
Mouse1
Puppy
First Name: Camilla
Dog #1: Archie
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 04 Jul 2013
Dog #2: Isla (rescue)
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Dog #3: Mabel (rescue)

Celebrate with Mabel!

Post by Mouse1 » 25 Feb 2016, 10:50

Yesterday we did our first proper walk in a normal place (i.e., unfenced) with Mabel off-lead the entire time. She rose to the occasion, staying quite close to me at times and at other times trotting off with the other two and sometimes even running with them. She came back to me whenever I called her, and when we stopped and chatted to people she stayed close by. Her body language said it all, and I think mine wasn't far behind! It was 15 weeks to the day since she came out of the puppy farm. Go girl, I'm so proud of you! Happy days beckon!

On a separate, amusing, note, I've realised that she and I are very similar:- Slightly overweight middle-aged females with big bottoms, saggy bellies and a need to wee frequently! Also, the ability to spot (and bag!) the comfiest chair or bed and not liking to be made to do something that we don't want to do!! :)

Gina

Re: Celebrate with Mabel!

Post by Gina » 25 Feb 2016, 12:38

Way to go Mabel! What an achievement :)

Ioli and I are both salt and pepper and I am of an age where a hairy chin could erupt if not contained :)
Using Tapatalk

BeeBee
First Name: Bee

Post by BeeBee » 25 Feb 2016, 16:00

Brilliant news, and funny description of both of you, they do say we're like our dogs :)
Jasmine 13.06.96-13.12.10 loved her more than we thought possible
Renae mini b.01.11.10, gorgeous sister to Susie-Belle & Twinkle-Berry puppy farming survivors showing us what matters in life.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Susie-Be ... 0289434936
http://www.janettaharvey.com/
@SusieBSchnauzer

Robin black mini
First Name: Jo
Dog #1: Robin
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 13 Dec 2014
Dog #2: Stanley st poodle
Born: 24 Nov 2012

Post by Robin black mini » 25 Feb 2016, 17:10

What great progress she's made. I loved the description in your post,made me smile....have you any new pics of Mabel and her gang?

redalert
First Name: Sue
Dog #1: Fizz
is a: Black Std Bitch
Born: 09 Jan 2010
Dog #2: Bo
is a: Black Std Bitch
Born: 16 Jan 2012

Post by redalert » 26 Feb 2016, 12:32

Oh well done both of you, I love how you describe yourselves, I just wish I was like my girlies, young, slender, full of energy, willing please - hell, that's not me at all ;)

Jules

Post by Jules » 26 Feb 2016, 14:42

Fantastic news Mable :-)

Julia- Nellie and Breagh x

Maty
First Name: Kate
Dog #1: Isaura Lucidus
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 10 Aug 2011
Dog #2: Darksprite Finn Mac
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 17 Mar 2013

Post by Maty » 27 Feb 2016, 13:30

Lovely to hear how Mabel is doing :-bd
Maty

Rodders the Mini Pup, born 10/08/11, came home on 09/10/11
Creggan the Mini Pup, born 17/03/13, came home on 01/06/13

Proud of my Scottish Heritage

Mouse1
Puppy

Post by Mouse1 » 29 Feb 2016, 10:08

BeeBee wrote:Brilliant news, and funny description of both of you, they do say we're like our dogs :)
At least I don't run round the kitchen table barking with excitement at mealtimes (yet!!).

Since writing the above post, she has achieved another first - making eye contact when I stroke her under the chin. Very special We had some friends to supper on Saturday evening. When they arrived she barked at them (the other two never do) and then retreated to her basket in the kitchen where she shook violently. By the end of the evening she joined us in the sitting room and curled up on the big cushion with Isla. I suspect that in the long term she will end up with less issues than Isla (psychological ones, that is).

Mouse1
Puppy

Post by Mouse1 » 29 Feb 2016, 10:10

redalert wrote:Oh well done both of you, I love how you describe yourselves, I just wish I was like my girlies, young, slender, full of energy, willing please - hell, that's not me at all ;)
redalert wrote:Oh well done both of you, I love how you describe yourselves, I just wish I was like my girlies, young, slender, full of energy, willing please - hell, that's not me at all ;)
Yes, my other two are like that. If only.....

Mouse1
Puppy

Post by Mouse1 » 29 Feb 2016, 10:13

Robin black mini wrote:What great progress she's made. I loved the description in your post,made me smile....have you any new pics of Mabel and her gang?
I'm terribly technologically incompetent. I keep meaning to ask one of the children to help me when they're home but I always forget. Will try! Mabel has changed so much since we got her. As she has learnt to be a dog, so her body language becomes more dog-like, if that makes sense.