Daisie Our Rescued Minature Schnauzer

If you have recently taken in a rescue Schnauzer or rehomed a Schnauzer and need some advice, then please feel free to ask here. Whether it be about integrating your new dog into your home, health or behavioural issues, someone is sure to be able to help.
molliemop
Puppy
First Name: Denise
Dog #1: Mollie
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 24 Jan 2013
Dog #2: Rosie
Born: 10 May 2014
Dog #3: Daisie (Rescue)
Born: 01 Apr 2012

Daisie Our Rescued Minature Schnauzer

Post by molliemop »

On the 01st April 2017 we brought home our rescued schnauzer Daisie from DBARC in Hurst she is approximately 5 years old. She is so frightened and scared but seems to get on well with my other 2 schnauzers Mollie & Rosie. As Daisie isn't used to household noises she is constantly barking and it is difficult to stop her. Does anyone have any suggestions any help would be much appreciated :) :o3
heathergod
Puppy
First Name: Hev
Dog #1: Tilly
Born: 01 Jan 2010
Dog #2: Gertie
Born: 01 Jan 2009
Dog #3: Lottie
Born: 01 Jan 2009

Re: Daisie Our Rescued Minature Schnauzer

Post by heathergod »

I have had seven rescue puppy farm girls - two from DBARC. It is VERY early days yet for Daisy - and you may never completely deal with all the traumas she's been through. Moderating her behaviour maybe the best you can hope for. One of my DBARC girls barks and I use a hand signal with my hand facing her plus a treat immediately she stops. Definitely no shouting, no chastising - but lots of patience. These poor girls need so much reassurance. She will get used to sounds eventually. Another one of mine has JUST managed to get the courage to sit between us on the bed - after 29 months! So there will be no miracles!! Best wishes x
molliemop
Puppy
First Name: Denise
Dog #1: Mollie
Born: 24 Jan 2013
Dog #2: Rosie
Born: 10 May 2014
Dog #3: Daisie (Rescue)
Born: 01 Apr 2012

Re: Daisie Our Rescued Minature Schnauzer

Post by molliemop »

Thanks so much for your reassuring response I will certainly try what you have recomended. It's good to hear you are able to help with Daisie's issues as you have experienced it first hand what we don't want to do is frighten her even more, it's so true they have been through so much and all we want to do is give her a safe loving enviroment thanks again x