Groomer recommendation in Shropshire, Cheshire, or nearby?

The Giant Schnauzer is an example of working breed of dog and has a dense, coarse coat that protects them against the elements and vermin. The Giant Schnauzer is the largest of the three breeds.
Forum rules
Please feel free to post here if your topic does not fit into one of the categories under 'Caring for your Schnauzer'. There are sections for breeding, feeding, grooming, showing and many more that may be more appropriate than this generic section
Basil
Puppy
First Name: Chris

Groomer recommendation in Shropshire, Cheshire, or nearby?

Post by Basil »

Can anyone recommend a good groomer for my GS male, in Shropshire, Cheshire or Staffordshire please? Not looking for show standard, just a good Schnauzer trim. I am jittery about groomers and do our Black Russian Terriers myself in a very basic all over trim, as I had a groomer back where I used to live allow a GS to escape onto a busy main road. She failed to mention this, it was only when walking him back to the car and some stranger stopped me and said what fun and games there had been earlier when it was being chased up and down the main road by two staff members... This one is a bit of an escape artist! I think he's deserving of better than I can muster, grooming wise, but I would rather he have a basic cut than have him escape. The local parlour just ties the dogs up on thin slip leads inside the open doored shop. If he wasn't fighting another male he'd be plotting the Great Escape...

Thanks, ohh, and as he's a rescue I have no idea as to how well behaved he'd be when being groomed, either :(

He's fine with people and bitches, possibly less than fine with male dogs that show the slightest aggression.
JoBrunt11
Puppy
First Name: Jo

Re: Groomer recommendation in Shropshire, Cheshire, or nearb

Post by JoBrunt11 »

Hi there,

Just wondered if you have found a groomers, we live near Shrewsbury in Shropshire & I need to find groomer for our giant schnauzer puppy, she is 12 weeks old.

We lost our 17 year old giant earlier this year, I used to groom her myself for the last few years. The groomer who started Holly when she was a puppy is no longer grooming, so I need to find a new groomer.

Thanks
Basil
Puppy
First Name: Chris

Re: Groomer recommendation in Shropshire, Cheshire, or nearb

Post by Basil »

I use one in Whitchurch, she used to have a Giant herself. First cut was great, last two kind of OK, but he was in less than optimal coat condition as he was a bit long and he is much more working than show :) 17??? Great age, remarkable! Good luck with the pup, may I ask where he was bred? E-mail if you want the groomer's contact details chris (AT) chriswilson.tv