Born: 26 Mar 2011
Dog #2: Poppy
is a: B/S Mini Bitch
Born: 28 Mar 2013

Re: Thank you - Delamere Walk

Post by Bramble1965 »

Hi All ,
As promised for all non facebook users.

Those of you who may have been wondering . This is to confirm our walk is still on this coming Sunday ..details as follows .
Wirral Country Park ,
Station Rd ,
Thurstaston .
Wirral . Postcode I've stated in previous post.

There are two car parks on Station Rd .

The Thurstaston Centre ... also one by the disused Station at the bottom of Station Road . This is where we'll meet at 11am .

The forecast looks good , the interest ... can't believe how popular . Could be another Delamere turn out.
Any questions or problems anyone has please state here , the sooner the better.

We will then take a break for Christmas and resume our walks next year .. should there still be the interest.
We , as a walks group want it to be successful. Giving us a chance to arrange more days as enjoyable as Delamere. That can only be possible if the interest remains. Starting with our walk on Sunday.
Come along , give us your support . Let's get our group of the ground in style .

It would be of help & interest to me that ... If there is still interest in any walk , from non Facebook users , if you would comment on here .

Many thanks & hope to see some of you on Sunday .

Jan :-bd
Bramble1965
Puppy
First Name: Jan
Dog #1: Bramble
is a: P/S Mini Bitch

Post by Bramble1965 »

Hello All ,
My apologies It's taken me a few days to get to you all.
As asked by several of you who don't use Facebook.
This is to thank those of you who joined our walk on Sunday. It was another resounding success. Another fantastic turnout , approximately 75 people with their Schnauzers . We had yet another lovely day .
Schnauzerfest is now over for this year . Due to demand on our walk at Delamere Forest , for more regular walks in the North West area.
A small group of , set up a fb group ' Schnauzer Walks North West to try to cater for the demand. On which I will keep you updated on here.
There were for sale, liver cake , flapjacks & cupcakes baked by the team.
One of our followers generously donated a lovely Schnauzer plate for us to raffle on the day.
Due to sales of the above mentioned we raised a whopping £125.00.00 . With gift aid including the sum became £156.25 ... amazing.
We have since donated it to the charity that Scnauzerfest had chosen. Diana Brimblecombe Animal Rescue DBARC.
Susie belle Schnauzer , a book written by author JB Harvey. A true story , powerful & emotional read for all Schnauzer lovers, may not know that DBARC are the centre who cared for Susie belle before she was offered her new happy , forever home . Away from Puppy farmers Susie now has a life with the author Janetta.
We as group , would like to thank any of you attended on Sunday for your support and generosity . It was & is very much appreciated by all , in aid of a very worthy cause.
Above all else we had a lovely day with our Schnauzer's, happy to run & play & to be with each other :-)

Our next walk will now be January . No details have yet been decided . I will let you all know the decisions have been taken .
Please feel free to let me know of any queries you may have.

Many thanks again ,
Jan ( now also a pàrt of Schnauzer Walks North West :-) xxx
Lou78
First Name: Louise
Dog #1: Ollie
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 26 Jun 2013

Post by Lou78 »

Unfortunately we could not be there at the Wirral walk as OH is poorly at the moment. It is going to take time for him to recover but hope he will be well enough to join the next one in January. He needs to take it easy so no big walks for him! As he is the driver, his services are needed! If the next one is near enough for me to get to with Ollie, we will definitely join. Keep the forum updated with the January details....i am on here daily!! :-bd
Bramble1965
Puppy

Post by Bramble1965 »

Hi Lou ,

I'm sorry to hear about your OH 's bad health & wish him a full recovery very soon.
I appreciate your reply & the position you find yourself in at present.
The response to our group has taken us all by suprise , we're so happy with the support we've been given.
You are welcome to join any walk you can & wish too. The next & each one will be in different North West area's to make it fair to all of us. No one is expected to join every walk .. dip in and out , that's the idea . If you only make the one , we would still be delighted. Providing that the support exists ( at the moment I don't doubt that ) , we hope & plan to do monthly walks .
Best wishes to your other half , enjoy the Christmas break & as soon as any details have been decided for January , I'll post them here . One thing for sure is .. we will definitely be planning a walk .

Jan :-)
Bramble1965
Puppy

Post by Bramble1965 »

Apologies it's been a while since I posted. As promised and to bring all non facebook users up to date.

I hope you all had a good Christmas. May I wish you a Happy and healthy New Year . May it be kind to us all & keep all our beloved schnauzers safe , free from harm and illness.

No walk was planned or took place in December , for us all to enjoy the Christmas break .

A poll took place in our group, to give us an idea of where members live and any places they would like to vist with their dogs.
To make it fair to all members , we always planned on visting different places in the North West Area.

Our 1st and only walk to date , took place on the Wirral . Again , another successful turnout and a day enjoyed by all.

The next venue we plan to visit is Heaton Park , Manchester. Being the largest , municipal park in Europe. It looks absolutely beautiful , idyllic for dog walking and much more .
Details are as follows:
Heaton Park , 341 Wellington Road North. SK4 4QG .. Manchester .
Meeting at St. Margarets Road car park . 25th January 11.am . £1.50 to park .
This is a poop and scoop area with many bins provided.
If planning on joining us please bring plenty of poop bags with you .
Website .. heatonpark.org.uk .

The park are aware we are coming and have welcomed us very much.
There are a few dog ' exclusion zone's ' which must be abided by .
They have a few dog control zones where your dogs must be on the lead .
Other than those few rules .. please free to come and join us and enjoy your day :-)

One of the members of the group , he walks there often .
Says he is yet to come across any of the areas above yet, and says it doesn't take away from the enjoyment of your walk .
Possibly more precautionary . If we are to see any , the parks rules are to be taken seriously ... you have been warned.

Open to all who would like to join us . Please feel welcome and enjoy yourselves.

Just to keep a track of appropriate numbers to expect . Please could you say so here .

Many thanks ,

Jan Tarrant ... Admin of Schnauzer Walks North West ( Facebook group ) :-)