is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 10 Aug 2011
Dog #2: Darksprite Finn Mac
Born: 17 Mar 2013

Schnauzerfest - Amazing

Post by Maty »

Wow, over 300 people are registered for a Schnauzerfest Walk :-bd

Just incredible to think there will be at least 300 dogs out in the countryside next weekend having a great time and helping to raise funds for DBARC ^:)^

What walk(s) are you planning to do?

Rodders, Creggan and I will be at Bradgate Park on Saturday and then Ashridge and West Wittering on Sunday. We will have slices of liver cake available too, stop me and buy some :D
Maty

Rodders the Mini Pup, born 10/08/11, came home on 09/10/11
Creggan the Mini Pup, born 17/03/13, came home on 01/06/13

Proud of my Scottish Heritage
BeeBee
First Name: Janetta

Re: Schnauzerfest - Amazing

Post by BeeBee »

It is incredible and a great testament to the hosts stepping up and sorting out the walks we can all get involved with.
Let's hope the fundraising is as enthusiastic :D
Jasmine (RIP) Renae b.01.11.10, sister to Susie-Belle (RIP), Twinkle (RIP), Cerise & Albert Claude puppy farm rescues, my muses
Creator of Schnauzerfest a good thing made possible by 1000s of good people & dogs
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Susie-Be ... 0289434936
http://www.janettaharvey.com/
Gina

Post by Gina »

I'm hoping to get to the South Wales one at Merthyr Mawr but I won't know until the day before - so I have donated in advance just in case. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
Morgana99
First Name: Alison
Dog #1: Alfie
Born: 12 Dec 2007
Dog #2: Duke

Post by Morgana99 »

We're hoping to do 3: Worcester Woods on Saturday, Merthyr Maw and Ashton Gate (Bristol) on Sunday. It's a bit complicated as I have to stay in Bristol ready to fly to Dublin first thing Monday. So, we'll be in 2 vehicles, not for the first time!!

I just sat down to do an email to friends & family to send them the donation link ( :ymblushing: ), when a certain someone whose name begins with A leapt onto my lap & is now fast akip, snoring loudly with his teeth out and his head bent backwards over my arm, thus incapacitating it :(( . its a bit hard typing this with one hand, let alone an email with links in it.

I may have to rudely awaken him & dump him on the floor, which he won't be impressed with, but it is for a good cause :D

Gina, you have to come after you talked me into doing 2 locations in a day :p
Horace, Bearded Collie X, rescued 1984, left us 1993, aged 15 approx
Eric, Bearded Collie, left us 2002, aged 15.5
Elsie (Vowchurch Belinda Black), Beardie, rescued 1988, left us 2000, aged 13.5
Monty, Patterdale Terrier X, rescued 2003, left us 2012, aged 12 approx
Always in our hearts
Gina

Post by Gina »

I'll do my very best :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
Jules

Post by Jules »

Rye and Witterings for me :-) looking forward to both walks :o3
Mike Jackson
First Name: Mike
Dog #1: Boris
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 12 Dec 2013
Dog #2: Bertie
Born: 14 Jul 2009
Dog #3: Arthur
Born: 08 May 2011

Post by Mike Jackson »

I'd best do Rye as I'm the host. Will be baking some flapjacks and shortbread to sell on the day.
zjg3
First Name: Zoe
Dog #1: Basil
Born: 17 Dec 2013
Dog #2: Percy
Born: 19 Oct 2015

Post by zjg3 »

I haven't registered as I don't do facebook, but hope to do Wittenham Clumps on Saturday, and Bristol on Sunday. Still waiting to hear from my son who lives there! If he isn't free I will do a different one on Sunday.

Basil will enjoy this so much, as we all will!
BeeBee

Post by BeeBee »

zjg3 wrote:I haven't registered as I don't do facebook, but hope to do Wittenham Clumps on Saturday, and Bristol on Sunday. Still waiting to hear from my son who lives there! If he isn't free I will do a different one on Sunday.

Great, will pop on FB to let the hosts know - numbers aren't essential to track, just makes it a bit easier if they're either large or a bit small for hosts to be aware
Jasmine (RIP) Renae b.01.11.10, sister to Susie-Belle (RIP), Twinkle (RIP), Cerise & Albert Claude puppy farm rescues, my muses
Creator of Schnauzerfest a good thing made possible by 1000s of good people & dogs
Lou78
First Name: Louise
Dog #1: Ollie
Born: 26 Jun 2013

Post by Lou78 »

BeeBee wrote:
zjg3 wrote:I haven't registered as I don't do facebook, but hope to do Wittenham Clumps on Saturday, and Bristol on Sunday. Still waiting to hear from my son who lives there! If he isn't free I will do a different one on Sunday.

Great, will pop on FB to let the hosts know - numbers aren't essential to track, just makes it a bit easier if they're either large or a bit small for hosts to be aware
I don't do facebook either and was wondering if there is an alternative way to register. We are doing the Delamere Forest one. Please can someone let me know if this is possible or if it is FB only.

So excited! I can't wait for our first group walk. Think Ollie is going to love it too as he loves being with other dogs. :o3 :x
BeeBee

Post by BeeBee »

Lou78 wrote:
I don't do facebook either and was wondering if there is an alternative way to register. We are doing the Delamere Forest one. Please can someone let me know if this is possible or if it is FB only.

So excited! I can't wait for our first group walk. Think Ollie is going to love it too as he loves being with other dogs. :o3 :x
On the calendar function here all the walks are listed and you can add your name to those you're going to :)
Morgana99

Post by Morgana99 »

I think there are bound to be quite a few people who don't use FB or who just haven't got round to registering their attendance ;) .

It would be great to have a reasonably accurate tot up, post event, as to how many humans and their Schnauzery companions actually make it. Perhaps those going could do a rough count (not always easy at the speed most Schnauzers go!) and we could post results after for all the different venues? I like to know these things :D
Always in our hearts
BeeBee

Post by BeeBee »

Morgana99 wrote:
It would be great to have a reasonably accurate tot up, post event, as to how many humans and their Schnauzery companions actually make it. Perhaps those going could do a rough count (not always easy at the speed most Schnauzers go!) and we could post results after for all the different venues? I like to know these things :D
Me too :D Will make the request on each event and hope for the best. I think the attendance numbers are most helpful at this stage for the smaller walks to see if they're viable if a hosts or hopefuls are travelling distances. For myself, I'd go along anyway and enjoy a walk with my girls if that was all that appeared, but for some, the joy is going to be in the presence of other dogs too :D
All walks so far look viable, with the Saturday Scottish walk looking a little skinny on numbers and the Wiltshire one.
Morgana99

Post by Morgana99 »

I think it is going to be amazing and we'll be pleasantly surprised by how many people and their pooches support it. Like you said, we'll go anyway and keep fingers crossed someone else will join as the social part will be the added bonus, but dogs need to walk anyway, so wouldn't be a tragedy if we end up Billy no mates. That said, it does look as if we will be joined by a few in Worcester, so I'm really excited \:D/

I've put the donation link on my FB page and emailed it to friends & family who don't do FB. One of them has already donated & I'm sure at least a couple of others will too :-bd
Always in our hearts
BeeBee

Post by BeeBee »

Morgana99 wrote: I've put the donation link on my FB page and emailed it to friends & family who don't do FB. One of them has already donated & I'm sure at least a couple of others will too :-bd
That's brilliant thank you, I know a few have emailed rallying donations, all good to know, makes it 100% worthwhile when we know there's support out there and people care :)