Thank you - Delamere Walk

Lou78
First Name: Louise
Dog #1: Ollie
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 26 Jun 2013

Thank you - Delamere Walk

Post by Lou78 »

I just wanted to say a huge "thank you" to Jan and Debby for organising the Schnauzerfest at Delamere Forest yesterday. It was our first group walk and i think not the last! We met lots of new hooman and doggy friends and hope to stay in touch. I know there was talk of there being more North West walks but as i am not on FB, please keep the forum updated too! :-bd Great time had by all and Ollie slept very well last night....didn't even move out of his basket this morning when i came downstairs. Thank you again! :D
BeeBee
First Name: Janetta

Re: Thank you - Delamere Walk

Post by BeeBee »

It looked like a terrific walk and venue from the photos, really did. There are a few people here who never do facebook and I'm sure you'll hear of events happening in your neck of the woods, the networks and connections that Schnauzerfest has made has been another really pleasing side to the whole weekend.
Jasmine (RIP) Renae b.01.11.10, sister to Susie-Belle (RIP), Twinkle (RIP), Cerise & Albert Claude puppy farm rescues, my muses
Creator of Schnauzerfest a good thing made possible by 1000s of good people & dogs
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Susie-Be ... 0289434936
http://www.janettaharvey.com/
Lynng
First Name: Lynn
Dog #1: Archie
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 18 May 2013
Dog #2: Dylan
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 30 Jul 2014

Post by Lynng »

I second that Lou! Amazing turnout! Lovely people, lovely dogs, all behaving well (dogs and wranglers!) considering how many of us there were! Archie slept all the way home, not a peep. I hope we do it again, I think it will happen! Some pics to be going on with...! Not very good, but you get the general idea!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Lynng

Post by Lynng »

Oops, sorry, most pics didn't load on - never mind I'll try again and preview first this time :-\
Lynng

Post by Lynng »

Think this will work... :ympray:

Gotta get to the front....!

Setting off....!

Let's play...

Nice beard, let me see the underneath....!

I think the walks starts in a minute....pass it on!

Long trail of people....!
Tillysdad
Puppy
First Name: Daniel
Dog #1: Tilly
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 12 Sep 2008

Post by Tillysdad »

What a fantastic morning. Could have stayed and watched them run around all day long. Such a wonderful event for a brillaint cause and i know we'll do it again soon.

Thanks to Jan and Debby, and all those that turned up. Schnauzer heaven. :)
Dad to Tilly, an all Black Mini born 12/09/08

The best thing we've ever done!!
Bramble1965
Puppy
First Name: Jan
Dog #1: Bramble
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 26 Mar 2011
Dog #2: Poppy
is a: B/S Mini Bitch
Born: 28 Mar 2013

Post by Bramble1965 »

Hi all ,
This is Jan :-) I've been directed here by a good friend. Now I see why :) .
Your comments are lovely thank you. No thanks are needed , it was a pleasure. Never in my wildest dreams did I think that day would be the success it was. Each & everyone of us , humans & schnauzers , had a fabulous day. The attendance was outstanding. I have everyone there that day to thank , your enthusiasm & genorisity overwhelming. Without you all the day wouldn't have been possible.
Not one negative word, spat or disappearing act .. fantastic. All of you requesting when the next walk is , will I do another one , a demand for more regular walks. Non of which I was expecting but would love more days like Delamere. My thanks goes to you. I'm so pleased the charity did so well.
I'm new on here &:need to find my way around,please bear with me a little while.
We've put some plans in place to hopefully cater for the demands , we set up a group on Facebook. I can see from your comments that several of you aren't facebook users . That's no problem , if & when , looking more like when than if , there are any details of the next walk .. I will certainly update you on here .
My thanks again for a day to remember , looking forward to it being repeated .... We are also hoping to continue to raise funds when possible for DBARC ... Jan :-) x
Bramble1965
Puppy

Post by Bramble1965 »

Just to let you know in the few hours since I posted , we've decided on a venue for our next venue.
The group we set up is to plan more regular walks at different venue's, all over the North West. It's very early days but is proving very popular already.
We are hoping for one a month but will have to see how things go . We're patient & enthusiastic , not expecting miracles but prepared to give things a go.
The walks may not be the size of Delamere. You can pick & choose which walks you wish to attend. No one is expected to attend them all .
We hope to carry on raising funds for DBARC & are looking into a few ideas we have to help in that area ... eg , many have asked could we possibly do a calendar. Using pictures taken at Delamere , a momento of the great day that we had.
To get the ball rolling we are planning a walk at Roydon Park ; Wirral .. 16 November at 11am .
I will keep you updated and get postcodes & directions etc , to you all very soon . Jan :-)
BeeBee
First Name: Janetta

Post by BeeBee »

Bramble 05 wrote:
We hope to carry on raising funds for DBARC & are looking into a few ideas we have to help in that area ... eg , many have asked could we possibly do a calendar. Using pictures taken at Delamere , a momento of the great day that we had.
I will keep you updated and get postcodes & directions etc , to you all very soon . Jan :-)
It's brilliant how the weekend has spawned so many new ideas and collective enthusiasm for walking together :) I'm going to post in a day or so on the Schnauzerfest FB page how I see it being used now, and how it can support fundraising events. It's great that DBARC will be continuing in people's activities, however large or small, it is all going to help, and over the winter, life in rescues tends to get harder, so this is all good :)
Oh, and lovely to see you here on the forum too :D
(Janetta)
Jasmine (RIP) Renae b.01.11.10, sister to Susie-Belle (RIP), Twinkle (RIP), Cerise & Albert Claude puppy farm rescues, my muses
Creator of Schnauzerfest a good thing made possible by 1000s of good people & dogs
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Susie-Be ... 0289434936
http://www.janettaharvey.com/
Maty
First Name: Kate
Dog #1: Isaura Lucidus
Born: 10 Aug 2011
Dog #2: Darksprite Finn Mac
Born: 17 Mar 2013

Post by Maty »

Hi Jan :-h

Welcome to the forum :D You really did a sterling job for Schnauzerfest and I am so glad it will carry on with a new walking group :-bd Also brilliant that you want to carry on fundraising, thank you :D
Maty

Rodders the Mini Pup, born 10/08/11, came home on 09/10/11
Creggan the Mini Pup, born 17/03/13, came home on 01/06/13

Proud of my Scottish Heritage
Maty
First Name: Kate
Dog #1: Isaura Lucidus
Born: 10 Aug 2011
Dog #2: Darksprite Finn Mac
Born: 17 Mar 2013

Post by Maty »

Message from Jan (Bramble05)

The venue for our walk has changed from Royden Park to Wirral Country Park , Station Road , Thurstaston. We felt , as the turn out is many more than expected , it's better to be safe than sorry . Royden Park is lovely but easy for a group walk to get lost . 16 November at 11am .
Maty

Rodders the Mini Pup, born 10/08/11, came home on 09/10/11
Creggan the Mini Pup, born 17/03/13, came home on 01/06/13

Proud of my Scottish Heritage
Bramble1965
Puppy

Post by Bramble1965 »

Hi all ,
Looking forward to our 1st walk. I took a stroll with a friend in Wirral Country Park yesterday , perfect for a group Walk . I was with a friend with my girls and her four Schnauzers , was stopped by several who showed interest in joining the walk.
Our group had over 100 people join in a week , over 30 have accepted to join our walk. That's the amount who accepted to join Delamere , as you know there were many more.
Had a nice surprise on Saturday when two Schnauzerfest bandana's arrived for my girls :-)
If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask. It would be of help to us if you let us know of any intention to join this walk.
We hope to do one a month , depending on the interest we get . Are taking a break for December due to Christmas.
Our walks will be at different venues all over the North West . I will let you know of our next venue once decided.
Hope to see some of there , if not on our 1st walk , then a future one .

Jan :-)
Lou78
First Name: Louise
Dog #1: Ollie
Born: 26 Jun 2013

Post by Lou78 »

Bramble05 ....."It would be of help to us if you let us know of any intention to join this walk........."

Hi Jan,

We intend to come to the Wirral walk all being well. We are not on FB so will rely on this forum for any communications about this walk or any future ones. Thanks for doing this, Delamere was great and it is brilliant that you are doing more. As first time Schnauzer (and dog!) owners it is lovely for us to come and share experiences and expertise of others as well as Ollie having a great time. If for any reason we can't make it, we will definitely look out for future ones. I will try and source some good venues for Stockport/South Manchester area.

Thanks again, Lou :D
Bramble1965
Puppy

Post by Bramble1965 »

Thanks Lou ,
Pleased you enjoyed Delamere as we all did :-)
There are many who don't use Facebook. I'm new to this group. My intention is to keep all non Facebook users aware & up to date on any future walks we hope to do .
We set up a group , due to demand & success of Delamere , it's really popular already . Any news or updates I'll post on here .
Suggested venues in your area will be appreciated .
Thank you for notifying me of your intentions to join the 1st walk of hopefully many.
All being well , you will have another lovely day with us .

Jan :-)
Bramble1965
Puppy

Post by Bramble1965 »

Me again ,
The postcode you need of planning to attend the Wirral Walk is CH61 0UN.
The Country Park is well sign posted . Has a cafe & toilets at the visitors centre.

If you try the following link , it should take you to an event page where you can join the walk...
https:/www.facebook.com/events/1564399170450755/
Non Facebook users should be able to see the page as it's a public group .
Don't worry if it does work , you can still state your intention of wanting to join the walk on this page .
I'm here to keep you all updated.

Jan :-) x