shaunius
Puppy
First Name: shaun
Dog #1: Horace
Born: 16 Apr 2014

Re: Schnauzerfest 17th & 18th October 2015

Post by shaunius »

Lou78 wrote:
shaunius wrote: Aw....I can't wait (can you tell!?!?! ;) ). I keep telling Ollie, "Just you wait til Sunday! You will have so much fun!". He just looks at me with that quizzical little face! :x
Haha we are looking forward to it too! The noise in the courtyard is going to be ridiculous! Hopefully they won't bar us for life haha

The event on FB has been updated with all the details now :)
Maxwellsmom
Puppy

Post by Maxwellsmom »

Anyone know if there is a walk organised in Shropshire ? :)
Lou78
First Name: Louise
Dog #1: Ollie
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 26 Jun 2013

Post by Lou78 »

Maxwellsmom wrote:Anyone know if there is a walk organised in Shropshire ? :)
I am sure there is! I could have sworn i had seen one but my Geography is shocking!

Have a look here as all the events are listed.

https://www.facebook.com/events/790569614330876/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hope that works!
BeeBee
First Name: Janetta

Post by BeeBee »

It's the BIG weekend \:D/
37 walks all over the country, that's going to be a lot of excited schnauzers this weekend out and about.
We're on target for beating last year's total which was £7510 due in large part to the sales of all kinds of beautifully created items over the past few weeks in the lead up to today. We've had wonderful support from individual small businesses, just terrific. And the raffle this year has raised over £2500. So, we're looking to beat £7510 over the next couple of days, especially as funds are being raised for 2 rescues this year, not just one.
Donations can be made here:
DBARC
http://www.virginmoneygiving.com/team/schnauzerfest

EMDR
http://www.everyclick.com/schnauzerfest2015

Huge thanks to everyone taking part and supporting in any and all ways. It's a remarkable, cooperative effort that's raising staggering sums, PLUS awareness of rescue and puppy farming, which to me personally is priceless.
Jasmine (RIP) Renae b.01.11.10, sister to Susie-Belle (RIP), Twinkle (RIP), Cerise & Albert Claude puppy farm rescues, my muses
Creator of Schnauzerfest a good thing made possible by 1000s of good people & dogs
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Susie-Be ... 0289434936
http://www.janettaharvey.com/
Champ629
First Name: Karen

Post by Champ629 »

On Sunday we had the bestest day taking part in a Schnauzerfest walk at Frensham Little Pond. It was the first time we had joined an organised walk and it was totally fab. Our dogs enjoyed walking and mixing with other Schnauzers, they totally love their own kind. The boys were on their best behaviour and made us proud. Jenny an ex-DBARC girl had many friends from similar backgrounds and she walked a real treat - it could have been because we were using Dee's special lead or maybe because she was relaxed with so many other dogs nearby :) . We met some pretty cool people too. We are so looking forward to attending another group walk.

Thank you to all involved and we hope this year's Schnauzerfest fundraising total is the biggest yet.
Miniature Schnauzers: Sophie, Freddie and Dory

RIP Cody 17/02/23
RIP Jake 29/10/21
RIP Jenny 28/01/20
RIP Dee Dee 12/02/13
Lou78

Post by Lou78 »

Just wanted to say thank you to all those involved with organising the Heaton Park walk. It was a fabulous morning and was quite a spectacle to see all those schnauzers in one place (not to mention the volume!). It was lovely to see a couple of standards and giants too.

Well done all and here's to many more! :D
shaunius
Puppy

Post by shaunius »

Lou78 wrote:Just wanted to say thank you to all those involved with organising the Heaton Park walk. It was a fabulous morning and was quite a spectacle to see all those schnauzers in one place (not to mention the volume!). It was lovely to see a couple of standards and giants too.

Well done all and here's to many more! :D
Aw thanks Louise, really glad you enjoyed it!!! It was SOOOO noisy at the start haha!!

It was great seeing peoples faces light up as they first walked in the courtyard and saw the number of schnauzers there!!

Did you see Rolf, the salt & pepper giant? He is absolutely amazing!! weighs 50kg apparently and still very spritely for an 11 year old!

Here are some pics from Sunday, I don't know if you have seen them! https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 13e4e0930d" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Really looking forward to the video that is being worked on!

Not sure if you know but the walk raised £460 for Schnauzerfest :) :) :)
Lou78

Post by Lou78 »

Aw Rolf was a beaut!! Didn't think he was 11!!! :-o ....wow...50kg!!! We thought our Olls was big at 12kg! =))

Are there any more North West walks planned? Get them on here for us non-facebookers!!!

Great fund raising too! Thanks again, Shaun and everyone who helped organise such a great event!
Maty
First Name: Kate
Dog #1: Isaura Lucidus
Born: 10 Aug 2011
Dog #2: Darksprite Finn Mac
Born: 17 Mar 2013

Post by Maty »

For those that haven't heard…….

TOTAL FUNDRAISING TOPPED £14,000 TODAY

Thank you each and every one of you for taking part
Maty

Rodders the Mini Pup, born 10/08/11, came home on 09/10/11
Creggan the Mini Pup, born 17/03/13, came home on 01/06/13

Proud of my Scottish Heritage
Lou78

Post by Lou78 »

Maty wrote:For those that haven't heard…….

Wow!!! That is fantastic!!!
Bramble1965
Puppy
First Name: Jan
Dog #1: Bramble
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 26 Mar 2011
Dog #2: Poppy
is a: B/S Mini Bitch
Born: 28 Mar 2013

Post by Bramble1965 »

Maty wrote:For those that haven't heard…….

WOW!! Amazing!! FANTASTIC !!

So many people up and down the country involved.
The wonderful organisers behind the scenes , all their effort and time given. People generously giving and donating monies and raffle prizes , supporting whatever, whichever way they could. Others sewing , baking , hosting and organising walks , 1000's partaking on walks. All voluntarily helping to make Schnauzerfest a success.
I'm honoured and proud to have played a small part in Schnauzerfest.
Together we can make a difference.

Special recognition to Janetta Harvey and Kate Mitchell .... For your love, devotion , hard work , tireless hours given and much more.
Janetta's fabulous idea. The backbone's of Schnauzerfest.

Extremely well done ladies [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES][SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES] xxx
Last edited by Bramble1965 on 21 Oct 2015, 08:54, edited 1 time in total.
shaunius
Puppy

Post by shaunius »

Lou78 wrote:Aw Rolf was a beaut!! Didn't think he was 11!!! :-o ....wow...50kg!!! We thought our Olls was big at 12kg! =))

Are there any more North West walks planned? Get them on here for us non-facebookers!!!

Great fund raising too! Thanks again, Shaun and everyone who helped organise such a great event!
We have one every month Louise so I will try remember to put them on here too :) :)

A great amount has been raised for Schnauzerfest all around!!
Lou78

Post by Lou78 »

shaunius wrote:We have one every month Louise so I will try remember to put them on here too
Please do, would love to know when they are on....Ollie loves seeing his Schnauzery friends, as do we!

Please don't make me join FB! :((
shaunius
Puppy

Post by shaunius »

Lou78 wrote:
shaunius wrote:We have one every month Louise so I will try remember to put them on here too
Please do, would love to know when they are on....Ollie loves seeing his Schnauzery friends, as do we!

Please don't make me join FB! :((
I will do my best Louise :D :D :D

There is a video up on youtube from someone who came on sunday now too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Pjm9y3tMvI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BeeBee
First Name: Janetta

Post by BeeBee »

Bramble1965 wrote: Special recognition to Janetta Harvey and Kate Mitchell .... For your love, devotion , hard work , tireless hours given and much more.
Janetta's fabulous idea. The backbone's of Schnauzerfest.
Extremely well done ladies
Thank you. Although it was my idea originally, I never for 1 second realised how much support there would be, both last year, and once again this year, which has seen the support grow right across the country, literally from Cornwall to Orkney. Without everyone's input in all ways, large, small, financial, practical, emotional, ALL ways, it wouldn't be much of an event. I'm humbled by how the idea has taken off.

It's really incredible what an example of cooperation this has been this year. And great that we all do what we do, because we want to see things better for the dogs while enjoying our own and making sure they get out to enjoy the weekend.
shaunius wrote:
A great amount has been raised for Schnauzerfest all around!!
It really has.
It's been wonderful seeing donations coming in from afar, we've had several cash donations from overseas supporters; the signed Following Atticus book was sent to me from Kim in the States, and Melinda in Texas has been a great supporter of all the various crafty items people have been making and selling.

We've had donations from people who weren't able to get out on walks, but want to help DBARC and EMDR. This generosity and collaboration is special.

From large groups to small, money has come in and the total is still rising. What's also been interesting as I catch up and analyse things more carefully is that some of the smaller attended walks really raised some serious sums. It's a fascinating thing looking at fundraising, and what motivates people, and this year has been just the best example of it any of us could have hoped for.

The work of DBARC and EMDR will be enhanced for sure by everyone's contributions this year. Huge thanks to all involved in whatever way.
Jasmine (RIP) Renae b.01.11.10, sister to Susie-Belle (RIP), Twinkle (RIP), Cerise & Albert Claude puppy farm rescues, my muses
Creator of Schnauzerfest a good thing made possible by 1000s of good people & dogs
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Susie-Be ... 0289434936
http://www.janettaharvey.com/