Dog #1: Alfie
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 12 Dec 2007
Dog #2: Duke
Born: 12 Dec 2007

Guilty Confession/Midlands Walk

Post by Morgana99 »

I took advantage of a voluntary redundancy programme to leave my job and my last day was Friday. I've been feeling tired & stressed for some time, so this is a very welcome opportunity for me :YMPARTY: :YMPARTY:

Not sure if I will look for something else or focus on the B&B/holiday cottage side of life, anyway it's great to have options and we plan to do lots more walking with the boys :-BD

We've also booked a holiday after the busy season & here comes the guilty confession - we'll be away during SF w/end, I can't believe it and am gutted to be missing it as we had such a great time last year. However, for what we wanted to do, our options were limited. I was worried about leaving the boys, but they've been really well lately and the kind people who usually look after them have agreed to come & house sit. Alfie & Duke will, of course, continue to support it with a donation nearer the time.

I had planned to host a re-run of the Worcester Woods walk if I hadn't found an alternative Midlands venue. If there's anyone out there in the Midlands who would be willing to take this walk or look at another venue, Steve & I would be very happy to do a joint recce walk, if this would help, perhaps in September. Any volunteers, PLEASE? B-(
Horace, Bearded Collie X, rescued 1984, left us 1993, aged 15 approx
Eric, Bearded Collie, left us 2002, aged 15.5
Elsie (Vowchurch Belinda Black), Beardie, rescued 1988, left us 2000, aged 13.5
Monty, Patterdale Terrier X, rescued 2003, left us 2012, aged 12 approx
Always in our hearts
Maty
First Name: Kate
Dog #1: Isaura Lucidus
Born: 10 Aug 2011
Dog #2: Darksprite Finn Mac
Born: 17 Mar 2013

Re: Guilty Confession/Midlands Walk

Post by Maty »

Good for you Alison :-bd

Being made redundant from a stressful job allowed me to re-evaluate and get a better work life balance. The first thing I did was get Rodders and then I found a contract job closer to home which lasted just over a year. I then got another contact which lasted two years and now have a permanent job. All within 10 minutes of home \:D/ I am never commuting on a motorway ever again :-o

But being away for Schnauzerfest???? :-?? ~x( %-( ;) I am sure you will have a great time and be thinking of us :)
Maty

Rodders the Mini Pup, born 10/08/11, came home on 09/10/11
Creggan the Mini Pup, born 17/03/13, came home on 01/06/13

Proud of my Scottish Heritage
Gina

Re: Guilty Confession/Midlands Walk

Post by Gina »

Oh how brilliant Alison :) I'm well jealous - really pleased for you all x
Using Tapatalk