Differences between the colours?

The Miniature Schnauzer is a smallest dog in the Schnauzer breed and originated in the mid-to-late 19th Century from Germany. The Miniature Schnauzer is a cross between the Standard Schnauzer and other smaller breeds such as the Poodle. A miniature Schnauzer is a spunky, but aloof dog who does things their own way. They tend to be good guard dogs without the tendency to bite.
Forum rules
Please feel free to post here if your topic does not fit into one of the categories under 'Caring for your Schnauzer'. There are sections for breeding, feeding, grooming, showing and many more that may be more appropriate than this generic section
daisys_mummy

Re: Differences between the colours?

Post by daisys_mummy »

Sianny wrote:
Snazy wrote:Same mum? I thought the breeder didn't believe in mixing p/s and b/s?

Jo, I'm not here to speak on the breeders behalf I was innocently commenting on characteristics so as you know the breeder I suggest you direct your question to them - I'm pretty sure you know the answer anyway so why do you ask?
I'm sure that was just an innocent question,
Time for me to tell you to chill!
There's a change :D
xxx
riiseni

Post by riiseni »

Lauren Alan said he's staying..Steffi might struggle to get him back (giggle)
Giants in my life
Lizzie
Annie
Erik
Archie 2003-2010

Most Friendship is Feigning, most Loving mere Folly.
-Shakespeare-
hula-hoop
First Name: sara
Dog #1: Stanley
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 04 Jun 2010

Post by hula-hoop »

^^^ are you converted then??! (clap)
Stanley ratbag - s & p mini born 4/6/10
riiseni

Post by riiseni »

I've always liked the Minis, it's only the yapping that puts me off. They're the only small dog I would have.
We were talking about maybe rehoming one when the pup is older. Having the boys over has been a good practise for 3 Giants and a Mini (cool)
Giants in my life
Lizzie
Annie
Erik
Archie 2003-2010

-Shakespeare-
Sianny
First Name: Sian
Dog #1: Ralphy
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 12 Feb 2009
Dog #2: George
Born: 25 Mar 2011

Post by Sianny »

I insist you get a Mini, Satu! But it has to be a b/s or a white to continue with the black and white theme :)
Follow Ralphy on Facebook (occasionally featuring George) http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ralphy-th ... 9952249008
dannie_kl

Post by dannie_kl »

Get a white-they are so special and amazing :)
Sianny
First Name: Sian
Dog #1: Ralphy
Born: 12 Feb 2009
Dog #2: George
Born: 25 Mar 2011

Post by Sianny »

When people are asking what colour Ralphy is and etc "oh he's darker than the grey ones" I LOVE telling them that schnauzers can also be found in solid black and solid white - their faces are just delighted lol
Follow Ralphy on Facebook (occasionally featuring George) http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ralphy-th ... 9952249008
Malcolm
First Name: Malcolm
Dog #1: Leo
Dog #2: Teigan
is a: P/S Mini Bitch

Post by Malcolm »

I saw a lack mini bitch a few days ago and she looked dainty compared to my two thugs! Leo was in love and totally ignored Tegan and the labradooodles.

I have only seen one other black (also a bitch) who was finely boned too - is this a trait in blacks?
Malcolm
Owned by two Miniature Scnauzers Tegan and Leo
and Labradooodles Lottie and Ruby
summer46
First Name: Sarah
Dog #1: Summer
is a: B/S Mini Bitch
Born: 07 Jun 2008
Dog #2: Zeke
Born: 16 Sep 2011
Dog #3: Lizzie
Born: 24 Feb 2014
is a: P/S Mini Bitch

Post by summer46 »

MY black and silver bitch is very petite while we were away last week everyone who stopped to ask about her thought she was still a pup and were shocked when we explained she was 3 and although she is a skinny mini she is the right height :0)
Sarah
Summer (Khanlorba)
Zeke (Khanlorba)
Lizzie (Nikisan)

A dog teaches you fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.[/size]
miniforme
First Name: Lisa

Post by miniforme »

all my dogs are quiet, dont bark, i couldnt say that my whites are any more effectionate than any of the other colours, they all are, but tilda one of my white girls does woooo wooo when she gets excited, as does both my heidis who are both pepper and salt, one dark and one light..
ImageBig dogs in little packages
sarahcraig

Post by sarahcraig »

I wouldnt say Minis were THAT yappy? Is it just me? My Morris wasn't really, just vocal when someone came to the door, and when I made him bark and howl when we would play chase in the house!
Caramomo
Site Admin
First Name: Elaine
Dog #1: Cara
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 05 Dec 2006
Dog #2: Momo
Born: 14 Aug 2009
Dog #3: Molly
Born: 01 Aug 2010

Post by Caramomo »

you lucky watsit! Mine consider any bang or bump a noise made by a potential intruder that must be warned off. That intruder could be a person, car, cat, bird, especially a dog and, today, a squirrel and a dove! They know that car door slam = people so that must be barked at too!
Cara and Mo, two black mini's and Molly a black & white Heinz 57 all served by Elaine, the cook, poop picker, and chief toy thrower.
I live by the Mini Schnauzer code; when in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!
Appy
First Name: Charlotte
Dog #1: Elsa
Born: 01 Jun 2010

Post by Appy »

LOL Caramomo - that sounds SO familiar! Heaven forbid next door have the audacity to walk on their own gravel drive! Its a cue either for wuff wuffs or in Greta's case, much grumbling.

Elsa is a lot more 'normal' and barks at what I'd call a normal rate...until we have a visitor...

Both mine are black and very very cuddly and affectionate. They are quite different though, Greta is really dinky and petite whilst Elsa is longer and more slinky if that makes sense!? Greta also has the real Schnauzer strut now which is really cool!
Greta and Elsa, eight pawprints across our hearts
Caramomo
Site Admin
First Name: Elaine
Dog #1: Cara
Born: 05 Dec 2006
Dog #2: Momo
Born: 14 Aug 2009
Dog #3: Molly
Born: 01 Aug 2010

Post by Caramomo »

Yup, next door isn't allowed to walk on their gravel garden, and as for having a conversation, well... If the girls are outside I bring them in as its not fair on the neighbours. They are slowly learning that barking outside means they can't stay out there so the time frame before barking is getting longer but theres still a way to go yet.
Cara and Mo, two black mini's and Molly a black & white Heinz 57 all served by Elaine, the cook, poop picker, and chief toy thrower.
I live by the Mini Schnauzer code; when in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!
riiseni

Post by riiseni »

sarahcraig wrote:I wouldnt say Minis were THAT yappy?
They are compared to Giants.
Giants in my life
Lizzie
Annie
Erik
Archie 2003-2010

-Shakespeare-