Can A dog be to attached?

Barking, humping, aggression are covered here. If you have a behavioural issue, please raise it here. Whether it be good or bad.
daisys_mummy

Re: Can A dog be to attached?

Post by daisys_mummy »

I'm afraid I'll have to theif it...
Caramomo
Site Admin
First Name: Elaine
Dog #1: Cara
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 05 Dec 2006
Dog #2: Momo
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 14 Aug 2009
Dog #3: Molly
Born: 01 Aug 2010

Post by Caramomo »

Cara and Mo, two black mini's and Molly a black & white Heinz 57 all served by Elaine, the cook, poop picker, and chief toy thrower.
I live by the Mini Schnauzer code; when in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!
Decibel
First Name: Jay
Dog #1: Fudge
is a: P/S Mini Dog

Post by Decibel »

Hey thought i'd give some feed back on this,

Fudge is getting a lot better, I spy on him when leaving and have noticed that he stands at the door for a couple of minutes and then runs off to play with one of his toys. Also when we took him to my girl friends mums house in Belfast for a week he practically ignored me.

That said she's a child minder which meant kids to play with, a large garden which meant grass (our yard is concrete) and a tea cup Yorkie for Fudge to bully so lots of distractions. All a lot more fun than following me about.

I was slightly worried about him jumping up on the kids but he didn't do it once, he was actually perfect with them and a lot better behaved than when around adults.

Also having got back from Belfast this place must be the home of the Schnauzer, never seen so many mini and giants, went to the beach and counted 10 in one day.

He starts the second round of puppy classes today for his Kennel Club Puppy Foundation Award and apart from the vet saying he was quite big for a mini his 6 month check up went perfectly.

Thanks again for the advice
jentucker
First Name: Jeanette
Dog #1: Flint
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 21 Jun 2011

Post by jentucker »

I've spent a couple of hours this morning wearing a fleece doggy blanket under my clothes to scent it. I put it in the crate & Flint has gone in & gone to sleep on it several times already without having to be on or next to me. Hopefully that'll mean he'll be able to go to sleep on his own tonight. Maybe scenting a blanket will help him learn that it's ok to be in the crate cos it smells of you?
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." (Unknown)