P.M. problems

Thought of something to make the forum better. Then please share. We welcome suggestions to improve the forum.
rosedee

P.M. problems

Post by rosedee »

Hi,
I'm trying to reply to a couple of p.m.s but getting nowhere fast. They are both sitting in my outbox.....although they have a time in the sent column, neither appears in my sent box.

I thought maybe it was because my forum time hadn't gone back, so i've changed that to agree with my computer and the world (!) but they're still sitting in outbox.

I looked at the FAQ which suggested maybe I don't have permission to send pms and to to contact admin. Is this the problem?
schnauzer
First Name: Christine
Dog #1: Suzi (RIP) 13/4/17
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 15 May 2004
Dog #2: Gino/Siglette Shadow
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 09 May 2017

Re: P.M. problems

Post by schnauzer »

I think that they sit in your outbox until the person reads them. I noticed this last week when I was sending PM'S.
Christine & Gino (Siglette Shadow (born 9/5/17 ---

Suzi (15/5/04---13/4/17) (Sugarbabe) RIP loved you to the moon & back, miss you so so much precious girl
rosedee

Post by rosedee »

Ohhhh......thanks. I've spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to work out what was going on! (hammer)
rosedee

Post by rosedee »

another question re p.m.s. On other forums you get an email when someone send you a p.m. I couldn't find a way of setting that up on here. Is it possible?
tombaker
First Name: Tom
Dog #1: Obi
Born: 25 Jul 2010
Dog #2: Louis
Born: 11 Oct 2011

Post by tombaker »

rosedee wrote:another question re p.m.s. On other forums you get an email when someone send you a p.m. I couldn't find a way of setting that up on here. Is it possible?
That's set by default.

User Control Panel>Board Preferences>Edit Global Settings>Notify me on new private messages> YES/NO
Obi - P/S Mini 27/07/2010 - The start of my addiction!
Louis - P/S Mini 11/10/2011 - Because Schnauzers are like Pringles....one is never enough!
rosedee

Post by rosedee »

Thanks Tom. I had checked that and looked again now and it is set up as "yes". As i hadn't received email notification i thought maybe it meant the new messages box next to the login/logout at the top of the page. I've double checked my junk box and nothing there. I do get topic reply notification emails.

Sudden thought......maybe I've assumed pm notifications have been topic reply notifications...... yes, it's confirmed, I am stupid!

Sorry and thanks
Guinevere
First Name: Sharon
Dog #1: Arthur
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 28 Dec 2009

Post by Guinevere »

As soon as the person you sent message to logs on it will go. I was the same the first few times I sent a message.
tombaker
First Name: Tom
Dog #1: Obi
Born: 25 Jul 2010
Dog #2: Louis
Born: 11 Oct 2011

Post by tombaker »

Forums confuse me. This is the first one I've actually been involved in.
Obi - P/S Mini 27/07/2010 - The start of my addiction!
Louis - P/S Mini 11/10/2011 - Because Schnauzers are like Pringles....one is never enough!