diet

Need help or advice on feeding your Schnauzer, whether it be kibble or treats, you'll find the information here. There is food reviews, recipes, remedies for poorly tummies and a wealth of feeding knowledge from your fellow Schnauzer owner. We cover BARF in a separate section.
Pottydottie

diet

Post by Pottydottie »

Both Molly and Gemma need to go on a deit.

Which dog bisket is best to use?
Which Dog meat as I would love both of them to carry on the BARF diet but not sure about fat content.
Also treats can they carry on with the dental sticks or would rice cakes be better for them.

Thank you for all your help

Elaine and the rolly polies ( Molly and Gemma)
Lipgloss
First Name: Michelle

Re: deit

Post by Lipgloss »

Elaine wrote:Both Molly and Gemma need to go on a deit.

Which dog bisket is best to use?
Which Dog meat as I would love both of them to carry on the BARF diet but not sure about fat content.
Also treats can they carry on with the dental sticks or would rice cakes be better for them.

Thank you for all your help

Elaine and the rolly polies ( Molly and Gemma)
Do I understand correctly, your dogs are already barfed?
Why do you need dog biscuits then? Or do you feed 1 dry meal and 1 raw meal a day?
Please continue barfing, if you want your dogs to lose a bit of weight then a good solution would be to add more veg to their dinner and maybe some cooked rice as a filler. Do you feed meaty bones? If so, then you don't need dental sticks (ever checked what's in them?). A nice treat would be dried lung for example, very low in fat an apparently very tasty :) .
P.S.: chicken, lean beaf mince and horse meat are very good. Horse meat is meant to be really low in cals, but somehow I can't bring myself to feed it to my dogs. :roll:
Michelle, who reckons all dogs should have their meat and eat it...!