Calendar

Thought of something to make the forum better. Then please share. We welcome suggestions to improve the forum.
hart
First Name: odette

Re: Calendar

Post by hart »

This is a great idea Dean . It may also encourage some of us who are more technically challenged to learn how to use our cameras properly so that we can get some decent shots of our furkids. LOL. :-bd
Bluebell
First Name: Jane
Dog #1: Bluebell
is a: Black Std Bitch
Born: 20 Oct 2010
Dog #2: Basil
is a: Black Std Dog
Born: 28 Nov 2012

Post by Bluebell »

Fab idea. I think we have 'talked' about it before but it didn't get going. OH always buys me the 'official' schnazuer calendar for Christmas and I know we could do better.
Poppy: p&s standard 27.4.99 - 13.9.10
Bluebell: black standard 20.10.10
Basil: black standard 28.11.12
Dinkum
Tech Team
First Name: Dean
Dog #1: Rupert RIP
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 24 Dec 2010
Dog #2: Watson
Born: 21 Feb 2012

Post by Dinkum »

Let's hope we get it going this time.
Dean (Dog dad)
Rupert, black mini, 24/12/10 - 01/03/24
Watson, black mini born 21/02/12

I offer my advice freely, but I am not an expert, breeder, groomer or behaviourist. It is simply my experience of raising pups in a way that seems to make sense.
nessclair
First Name: Vanessa
Dog #1: Monty
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 21 Sep 2010

Post by nessclair »

Yes, lovely idea!
Ness and Monty (S/P mini born 21.9.10 rehomed with me 13.8.11)
HighPeaker

Post by HighPeaker »

Great idea!
countrygirl
First Name: Tania
Dog #1: Widget
Born: 20 Oct 2011

Post by countrygirl »

What a lovely idea and it'll mean so much more than other calendars because we'll know the stories of the schnauzers in the photos :)

One suggestion, I know you've already started off December but would it be worth running the November competition at the same time? That way the final monthly voting can be finished in November next year so that the calendars could be printed in time for xmas pressies. If we vote for the November winner next December then the calendars probably won't be available until January.
Rufus: B&S mini 18/3/11 - 19/10/11
Widget: P&S mini 20/10/11
hula-hoop
First Name: sara
Dog #1: Stanley
Born: 04 Jun 2010

Post by hula-hoop »

I would be interested too
Stanley ratbag - s & p mini born 4/6/10
Sam1175
First Name: Sam
Dog #1: Ruby
is a: B/S Mini Bitch
Born: 13 Dec 2011
Dog #2: Isla
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 12 Dec 2013

Post by Sam1175 »

Brilliant idea! :) I will definitely buy one even if Ruby's photo doesn't get in. Now to persuade my little madam to pose for some pics! =))
Sam & Ruby, b/s mini

The average dog is a nicer person than the average person. *Andrew A. Rooney
BeeBee
First Name: Janetta

Post by BeeBee »

It's going to be really tough choosing just one winner from all the great pics people post. Any chance there might be 1st, 2nd and 3rd places?
Jasmine (RIP) Renae b.01.11.10, sister to Susie-Belle (RIP), Twinkle (RIP), Cerise & Albert Claude puppy farm rescues, my muses
Creator of Schnauzerfest a good thing made possible by 1000s of good people & dogs
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Susie-Be ... 0289434936
http://www.janettaharvey.com/
Mike Jackson
First Name: Mike
Dog #1: Boris
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 12 Dec 2013
Dog #2: Bertie
Born: 14 Jul 2009
Dog #3: Arthur
Born: 08 May 2011
is a: B/S Mini Dog

Post by Mike Jackson »

How about the monthly winners go into another poll and the winner goes on the cover and the 2nd place in that month gets promoted to the shot for that month.
Dinkum
Tech Team

Post by Dinkum »

My thoughts on the matter were as follows.

Every month we will choose our top 3 choices for that month. So if there are 15 entries, people can vote for their favourite. Some votes will obviously go to photo's that don't make it into the top 3. Once we have the top 3, we'll vote again to decide which one goes into the calendar for that month.

We could then vote on all the 2nd place photo's and either put that on the front page or substitute the 2nd place photo for the winning photo of the same month (as suggested by Mike).

My only hesitation in substitution is the cover doesn't get the same coverage as a monthly winner does and I had thought about just using the forum logo. But choosing the best runner up for the cover would be better, I think.
Dean (Dog dad)

I offer my advice freely, but I am not an expert, breeder, groomer or behaviourist. It is simply my experience of raising pups in a way that seems to make sense.
Cat M
First Name: Cat
Dog #1: Lola
is a: B/S Mini Bitch
Born: 13 Mar 2012
Dog #2: Pixie
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 21 Feb 2014

Post by Cat M »

:-bd I agree - best runner up for the cover.
It is so hard not to comment on all the fab photos already up there. Voting is going to be tough!
angieh
First Name: Angie
Dog #1: Monty
Born: 28 Feb 2011

Post by angieh »

Inspired by this thread, I went on to Snapfish yesterday to compile my own calendar ....... some of the months have the option of displaying more than one photo, which I wasn't prepared for and I had to go back and find some more photos ..... so that may be an option, especially if one month gets more than one good photo (I expect there will be more good photos than available months). A good point about the cover ..... which I just realised, having put a favourite on the cover of mine, but then it can be repeated for a month too. I'm having fun, but it is quite fiddly making sure that the photos fit the frames etc and making sure the text is the same size (wish you could lock your preference there!).
BeeBee
First Name: Janetta

Post by BeeBee »

angieh wrote:Inspired by this thread, I went on to Snapfish yesterday to compile my own calendar ....... some of the months have the option of displaying more than one photo, .
I'd assumed there'd be a layout option of more than one photo per month, not having used it, only having received a calendar from my sister-in-law that always has 3 or 4 per month of her kids.
Jasmine (RIP) Renae b.01.11.10, sister to Susie-Belle (RIP), Twinkle (RIP), Cerise & Albert Claude puppy farm rescues, my muses
Creator of Schnauzerfest a good thing made possible by 1000s of good people & dogs
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Susie-Be ... 0289434936
http://www.janettaharvey.com/
Dinkum
Tech Team

Post by Dinkum »

BeeBee wrote:my sister-in-law that always has 3 or 4 per month of her kids.
Sounds like your kind of calendar.

There are many options for the calendars. The easiest option was the kitchen calendar, which has 13 photos, one for the cover and each month. It is also the cheapest option at £9.99 before any discounts. On the wider calendars, starting at £14.99 (before discount) there is the option to include additional photo's within the calendar entries and also specify special days. To keep things simple and reasonably priced, I opted for the kitchen calendar.

My calendars for next year arrived today. Very nice too, if I say so myself.
Dean (Dog dad)