Our Darling Ruby

Saying goodbye to our Schnauzers is the hardest part. Share your memories here as we bid farewell to our beloved friends. They've crossed the bridge and returned to the meadow in full health and free of injuries. Running free. We won't forget.
BeeBee
First Name: Janetta

Re: Our Darling Ruby

Post by BeeBee »

Lotties Ma wrote:. I still feel heavy hearted when I think of Steffi, my first schnauzer. Having said that the joy she brought into our lives was amazing and the memories she leaves behind so precious.
This is how I feel, the pain of losing them is dreadful, nothing compares with it, but the joy they share with us in their time in our lives makes it bearable eventually and we do it all again. It's just the hardest reality we have to face and bear if we're to allow ourselves to love our dogs as they deserve to be loved whilst they're with us, however short that time may be.
Jasmine (RIP) Renae b.01.11.10, sister to Susie-Belle (RIP), Twinkle (RIP), Cerise & Albert Claude puppy farm rescues, my muses
Creator of Schnauzerfest a good thing made possible by 1000s of good people & dogs
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Susie-Be ... 0289434936
http://www.janettaharvey.com/
Cam2
First Name: Chris
Dog #1: Sammy
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 0- 9-2012
Dog #2: Kody
Born: 0- 6-2015

Post by Cam2 »

so very sorry to hear about Ruby
having lost my Zack recently I can understand some of how you are feeling - hard as it is at the moment, try to remember the good times you shared together.
run free Ruby, no more pain now
sending :ymhug: to you x
Zack (15/6/01 - 9/10/12) My 1st schnauzer, always in my thoughts
Molly (11/6/04 - 12/3/15) My beautiful girl xx till we meet again
schnauzer
First Name: Christine
Dog #1: Suzi (RIP) 13/4/17
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 15 May 2004
Dog #2: Gino/Siglette Shadow
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 09 May 2017

Post by schnauzer »

Hi Sue, welcome to the forum, so sorry to read about your Ruby and so young, sending you cuddles as can imagine you must be distraught ~x( Try and think of the good times
Christine & Gino (Siglette Shadow (born 9/5/17 ---

Suzi (15/5/04---13/4/17) (Sugarbabe) RIP loved you to the moon & back, miss you so so much precious girl
Wookie Woo
First Name: Helen
Dog #1: Wookie
Born: 01 Sep 2009

Post by Wookie Woo »

Dear Sue, welcome to the forum but so sad to read your post.
We know exactly how you are feeling as we lost our lovely Lucy (cocker) April 2011 T Cell Lymphoma I took her to the vets because she was off her food (not normal for Lucy) we thought a sore throat & when the vet looked at me & said he wanted to keep her in there & then for tests as he thought her spleen was enlarged & they operated a couple of hours later, removed her spleen but it wasn't contained in the spleen, she bounced back really well from having that done but it was only a few weeks later that we had to make that awful decision & let her go to Rainbow Bridge, as per usual the tears are rolling down my face again, but we know we did all we could & my god she was loved, we didn't try the Chemo as the vet didn't think it was going to give her the quality that she deserved.
Huge :ymhug: to you, time is a great healer (she says in tears) but we have lots of photos of Lucy around & it wasn't long before we found the wonderful Wookie (our nutty mini) Helen xx
Helen & Gary - owners of "Wookie" (since 11.6.2011)  born 1.9.2009 (Mini Schnauzer)
Previously owned Lucy our lovely cocker spaniel.
http://www.happydogwalksandpetcare.co.uk/
Suzie53
First Name: Sue
Dog #1: Muffin
is a: B/S Mini Bitch
Born: 20 Jan 2003
Dog #2: Ruby
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 02 Feb 2005

Post by Suzie53 »

A BIG Thank you to EVERYONE for the all kind words I am completely overwhelmed with the response on here, it is tough I miss Ruby so much she was my baby such a loving dog who followed me everywhere I still cant believe she has gone. I know that she is suffering no more her quality of life went very quickly in a matter of days and we did not want her to suffer anymore.

She looked so different its funny I have been looking at photos & videos of her and was shocked by how different she looked when she wasnt ill funny you forget how they were as you get used to seeing them how they have become I loved her unconditionally she was my baby my grief is so consuming.

:(
Maty
First Name: Kate
Dog #1: Isaura Lucidus
Born: 10 Aug 2011
Dog #2: Darksprite Finn Mac
Born: 17 Mar 2013

Post by Maty »

Hi and welcome :-h

So sorry that you have found us at such a sad time but as you can tell we are a caring bunch and we love to hear about all Schnauzers, past and present. It would be lovely if you could add some pictures of Ruby so that she can live on here on the forum.

So sad that such a young dog has to go through something so awful but I am sure you did everything you could for her. Sleep well Ruby :ymhug:

More hugs for you too :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: A schnauzer shaped hole in your heart is a tough thing to deal with ;)
Maty

Rodders the Mini Pup, born 10/08/11, came home on 09/10/11
Creggan the Mini Pup, born 17/03/13, came home on 01/06/13

Proud of my Scottish Heritage
Jaffa's mum
First Name: Cheryl
Dog #1: Leo
is a: Black Giant Dog
Born: 0- 0-2005
Dog #2: Monty
Born: 08 Jan 2012
Dog #3: Millie

Post by Jaffa's mum »

Welcome to the forum although it's such a sad time for you.
I'm sure you did your upmost the help Ruby, she'll always have a place in your heart.
We lost our Storm in August, he was only just over 2 years old to thrombocytopenia. Within one week our beautiful boisterous giant boy was gone, and I still cry buckets when I think about him.
Quite a few of us on here have lots our pals and we have lots of stories to tell about them. One in particular was by Wazzockmum titled Still Miss Him. It made me chuckle at the time and made me think of the more happy times we had with Storm.
Take care, Run free over the bridge Ruby.
Cheryl, chief cook and bottlewasher, Peter (OH, 6ft 5ins giant,) Leon (8 year old Giant) Monty, P&S Mini (1st birthday 8th Jan 2013) Millie, P&S Mini, 1 cat (Spud) 11 chickens.
pepsidog

Post by pepsidog »

I'm so sorry to hear your news. I glad you gave your little one a chance with the chemo treatment. It's so hard as the love you feel for your dogs is so special isn't it.

Run free Ruby.
Supporting the wild dogs of Africa - http://www.awdconservancy.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dillypops
First Name: Samantha
Dog #1: Woody
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 19 Jan 2012

Post by dillypops »

I felt for you so much when I read your post. We lost our beloved black mini Dylan to lymphoma when he was just 4 years old. The 4 months of his illness was the most miserable time for all of us and when we finally took the decision to end his suffering, I felt like my heart had been ripped out. A year later we felt strong enough to welcome Woody into our lives and he's brought us so much joy and laughter in such a short time. We remember Dylan every day and can now laugh at all the funny times although we still shed tears. Many times I've had tears running down my cheeks thinking about Dylan, then Woody will do something silly and the next minute I'm laughing - they're wonderful healers! The pain does ease and you'll find yourself able to enjoy your wonderful memories of Ruby as time goes on. We were privileged to have Dylan during his all-too-short life and treasure the memories. "Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all".

Keep strong. You and Muffin will come through the other side.

Take comfort from the fact that Ruby isn't suffering any more and is running free with Dylan and all the other special schnauzers over Rainbow Bridge. They'll take good care of her.
Woody - born 19/01/12
Dylan - 12/05/06 to 27/04/11 - loved so much and lost too soon
Derwent
First Name: Yvonne
Dog #1: Max
Born: 03 Sep 2007
Dog #2: Monty
Born: 21 Aug 2010

Post by Derwent »

So sorry for your loss, run free little one :ymhug: :ymhug:
Yvonne
Small dogs but big personalities
Max (B/S mini) Monty (P/S mini)
carolinh
First Name: caroline
Dog #1: Daisy
Dog #2: May
is a: B/S Mini Bitch

Post by carolinh »

So sorry to hear about Ruby. ...seven is far too young.

Caroline
Claire Farrington
First Name: Claire

Post by Claire Farrington »

Oh Sue I am so sorry to hear your sad news about Ruby. I know just how you feel as I lost my special little man and its like someone has ripped your heart out. It's funny really because I got my two very shortly after losing Sydney and then found this forum, there are some truly wonderful people on here and I am sure you will find it very comforting. Run free little Ruby and massive hugs to your mum and Muffin :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
Properly Trained a man can be a dog's best friend

Sydney (Deansgate) gone to the Rainbow Bridge 19/04/2011 - Run free my little man
Jack (Silversocks Spot On) s/p mini born 10/04/2011
Jill (Silversocks Shana) s/p mini born 11/05/2011
the valkyrie
First Name: Cyndie

Post by the valkyrie »

Sue, nothing I can say will mend your broken heart but knowing that everyone who reads your
message will be sending you their love and commiserations will bring you comfort.
Our lovely little Schnauzers wrap themselves around our hearts and the love they give us makes
it oh so hard to lose them. Having lost my Cassie aged 6 on the 1st June I know exactly how you feel.
I cried for days and even though the silent empty house made us decide to have another Schnauzer who we now love
just as much as we loved Cassie, I still miss her and long to hold her again, but it is getting better all the
time. We look back on her time with us and thank God for the 6 years of happiness she brought us.
It will get better Sue, lots of cuddles with Muffin will help you and her. We will be thinking of you and poor little
Ruby.xxxx.
Our darling Cassie-too born 11.1.2006 left us 1.6. 2012.
Miss you every day little girl xx
elizdavies0
First Name: Elizabeth
Dog #1: Ffion
Born: 12 Apr 2011

Post by elizdavies0 »

Your loss is heartbreaking, I have no words to comfort you ... I can only tell you that you are in my thoughts and in my prayers.