**CANCELLED** Hyde Park - Sun, 23 Nov 2014, 12:00 Noon

Our members organise Schnauzer walks and Schnauzer Events all over the country and you will find all the details here. Join in and make some new friends for you and your Schnauzer. Feel free to share your travel tips here too.
Dinkum
Tech Team
First Name: Dean
Dog #1: Rupert RIP
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 24 Dec 2010
Dog #2: Watson
Born: 21 Feb 2012

**CANCELLED** Hyde Park - Sun, 23 Nov 2014, 12:00 Noon

Post by Dinkum »

I can't believe that this is the 4th time I am planning the Hyde Park walk. The Winter Wonderland Market starts on Friday, 21 November and it's always fun to stop there and have a cup of mulled wine after the walk and have a further catch up with friends, old and new. Last year, we even managed to walk a rather busy market with a few dogs and had lunch there too. The boys certainly enjoyed their fish and chips after a busy afternoon.

Register your attendance here, if you fancy coming along.

<<<< Meeting arrangements >>>>
We'll meet again at the entrance to Kensington Gardens (Palace Walk) on Sunday at 12:00. It is at the crossing with Kensington High Street and Palace Walk. There is a coffee vendor with outside tables at the gate where we meet. The entrance is directly opposite Palace Gate Road and there are a rack of Boris bikes opposite the coffee Shop. Map here.The GPS co-ordinates for the meeting point are: 51.501831,-0.184322 (N51:30:07 : W0:11:04)

The closest tube station is Kensington High Street and it is a step only station, so no escalators for little paws. It is serviced by the District and Circle Lines which connect all the major overground services. You can find a suitable tube map here. If you are coming into Liverpool Str, Euston, Kings X, Marylebone, you and catch the Circle line, you will need to change at Edgware Road onto a different Circle Line train or District Line train to High Street Ken. It's a 0.4 mile walk from the Tube station to the meeting point.

If you are driving, you should be able to find free on street parking in the area. Please keep an eye out for residents only parking area's as these will be enforced. Don't be tempted to park on single yellows either or you'll have something yellow on your windscreen.

There is pay and display, on street parking on Palace Gate and De Vere Gardens with a max of 2 hours. Most of the side streets of Kensington High Street will be pay and display with a max of 2 hours. Check signs please.

There is an NCP car park at 19 Young Street, Kensington, W8 5EH. £16 for 2 - 4 hours.

APCOA operate a car park called Hornton Street Car Park, Kensington , London, W8 7NX and it is £6 for a Sunday between 9am and 6pm. Hornton Car Park is 0.5 miles from the meeting point.

You may find free or cheaper parking around Edgware and Islington, but no guarantees.
Dean (Dog dad)
Rupert, black mini, 24/12/10 - 01/03/24
Watson, black mini born 21/02/12

I offer my advice freely, but I am not an expert, breeder, groomer or behaviourist. It is simply my experience of raising pups in a way that seems to make sense.
Dinkum
Tech Team

Re: Hyde Park - Sun, 23 Nov 2014, 12:00 Noon

Post by Dinkum »

I thought I would give this walk a little bump as it is fast approaching.
Dean (Dog dad)

I offer my advice freely, but I am not an expert, breeder, groomer or behaviourist. It is simply my experience of raising pups in a way that seems to make sense.
Dinkum
Tech Team

Re: **CANCELLED** Hyde Park - Sun, 23 Nov 2014, 12:00 Noon

Post by Dinkum »

As I am not going to be able to make the walk, and Kate cannot host it either, I have had to cancel it. Maybe next year.
Dean (Dog dad)