Training classes

Training, Behaviour and Dog Sport all have their own section, so please post your question where you feel it is most appropriate.
ellybrad

Training classes

Post by ellybrad »

Well, managed to sneak Toby out of the house on Tuesday without Alfie seeing us to go to our 1st training class, it's a few miles away and arrived only to find out I was a week early!! doesn't start till next week (hammer) I'm sure Toby thought he was going to the vets as that's normally the only place he goes without Alfie and he didn't want to get out of the car.
Elly (5'1 human), Alfie (p&s mini) and Toby (blue bedlington) xxx
Heikismum
First Name: Lorraine

Re: Training classes

Post by Heikismum »

Hope you managed to make it this week
http://www.quickpaw.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ellybrad

Post by ellybrad »

Yes we managed it but Toby was the most nervous one there!! He would not eat the meat the trainer had, eventually he ate the cheese but he didn't relax all night!! Hopefully this will get better. He lunged and barked at a couple of the other dogs, but they were both entire males (same as Toby) and challenged him. The trainer sprayed water at him but got me aswell so we both ended up wet through!!! Oh well, onwards and upwards.
Darwinsmum

Post by Darwinsmum »

Ah bless him,there is hope, my present puppy class I'm instructing was like a war zone on the first night as the dogs were nervous and reactive so we positioned them (only 5 in the class) with barriers so they couldn't get eye contact with each other and could get used to the surroundings without worrying about each other, this week (week 3) the class was lovely and calm, the puppies and owners relaxed and the barriers down. Not keen on the idea of spraying water though??
Darwin and Mia 2 heatbeats at my feet
A life without dogs - I don't think so!
www.lincsdogtraining.co.uk
ellybrad

Post by ellybrad »

Can't say I was keen on the water spraying, especially as I was on the receiving end (giggle) . There are 7 dogs in the class and none of them seem to be what I would call 'puppies', they all seem to be adults or at least young adults. There is a german shepherd, a horse (a beautiful enormous wolf like dog), a springer spaniel, a bichon frise, and two cocker spaniels along with my Toby (bedlington) who is 2 in June. The GS and the springer are the entire males. There are no barriers to stop eye contact at all and this is definitley what sets Toby off. He is a cheeky young whipper snapper and will try things on with you to see what he can get away with.