We've lost Susie-Belle

Saying goodbye to our Schnauzers is the hardest part. Share your memories here as we bid farewell to our beloved friends. They've crossed the bridge and returned to the meadow in full health and free of injuries. Running free. We won't forget.
nessclair
First Name: Vanessa
Dog #1: Monty
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 21 Sep 2010

Re: We've lost Susie-Belle

Post by nessclair »

So very sorry to read this news today. Susie Belle had the very best love and care possible in the last few years. It was a privilege to meet her. Wishing you all lots of love xxx
Ness and Monty (S/P mini born 21.9.10 rehomed with me 13.8.11)
the valkyrie
First Name: Cyndie

Post by the valkyrie »

No words of mine will heal the hurt you are suffering at the moment, but although I have never met you or Susie-Belle, I really felt I knew you both and had such admiration for you.
I can only offer heart felt commiserations to you and your loved ones.

Run free little girl xxx
Our darling Cassie-too born 11.1.2006 left us 1.6. 2012.
Miss you every day little girl xx
Lewis
First Name: Diane
Dog #1: Lewis
Born: 28 Jan 2015

Post by Lewis »

So sorry to hear this news. I never met your lovely dog, but have read much about her and can only imagine how you are all feeling. You have clearly inspired many and I hope that knowledge helps you through the next weeks and months. Thank you for sharing your stories. :ymhug:
Parents of Roxy
First Name: Sue
Dog #1: Roxy
is a: P/S Std Bitch
Born: 04 Nov 2008

Post by Parents of Roxy »

Oh no! We are so sorry for you. I know no words can take away your pain but we are thinking of you and what you must be going through at this awful time. Your journey with Susie-Belle has inspired so many people and always will. I will not forget her meeting Roxy at the Annual Schnauzer walks and her cheesy smirk when she was answering the chorus of barking when you were sitting in the shelter last year at Dovedale, when you were telling her to be quiet and she took no notice. She had a lovely life with you with nothing but the best so in time those memories will pull you through.
Hold Renae and Twinkle close and know that Susie-Belle is running free over the rainbow bridge with Jasmine and all our other forever loved furry ones.
Sue
Schnauzer loving family to Roxy our standard born 4/11/08
and Toby our adorable p&s mini - now over the Rainbow Bridge - missed and never forgotten.
Morgana99
First Name: Alison
Dog #1: Alfie
Born: 12 Dec 2007
Dog #2: Duke
Born: 12 Dec 2007

Post by Morgana99 »

We are very sad to hear Suzie-Belle had lost her fight so soon after her diagnosis and that you & your husband had to make the decision to let her go. You know it was the only thing you could do, but today that won't help much, I know. Her sisters will miss her too. Big hugs :ymhug: xx
Horace, Bearded Collie X, rescued 1984, left us 1993, aged 15 approx
Eric, Bearded Collie, left us 2002, aged 15.5
Elsie (Vowchurch Belinda Black), Beardie, rescued 1988, left us 2000, aged 13.5
Monty, Patterdale Terrier X, rescued 2003, left us 2012, aged 12 approx
Always in our hearts
Robin black mini
First Name: Jo
Dog #1: Robin
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 13 Dec 2014
Dog #2: Stanley st poodle
Born: 24 Nov 2012

Post by Robin black mini »

I'm so sorry to read your sad news. your story has done so much for these puppy mill dogs she will not be forgotten.
milosark2
First Name: vicky
Dog #1: Milo
is a: Black Std Dog
Born: 27 Jun 2008
Dog #2: Darcey
is a: Black Std Bitch
Born: 27 Jun 2011
Dog #3: Inka
Born: 07 Jan 2016
is a: Black Std Bitch

Post by milosark2 »

I am so so sorry to learn this terribly sad news of your Susie-Belle x
"No star is ever lost, we once have seen"
Shine on beautiful girl (*)
Al T

Post by Al T »

Devastated for you....however, if it's any consolation at this heart breaking time; ....you should be so proud of what you've achieved with her & how you completely transformed her life....she probably became Britain's most favourite Schnauzer. Well done you....
Sincerest condolences...
Al.
Schnauzers turn you soft in the head!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/organize/ ... ab=new_set

Al.

"If a man speaks in the forest & there is no woman to hear him.....is he still wrong"..?? !!
jacdales
First Name: Jackie
Dog #1: Hamish
Born: 28 May 2013
Dog #2: Suzi
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 13 Jun 2017
Dog #3: mahri
Born: 20 May 2006

Post by jacdales »

So sorry to hear your sad news. You know she will be waiting at the Rainbow bridge for you.
Run free little girl.

Tears are natures salve they wash away the pain and let fond memories shine through.

Jackie and the wild bunch
Cam2
First Name: Chris
Dog #1: Sammy
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 0- 9-2012
Dog #2: Kody
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 0- 6-2015

Post by Cam2 »

So sorry to hear your very sad news, I know there are no words to comfort you at this sad time :(
But take strength from how you were able to give Susie-Belle a loving home, somewhere she could feel safe and loved, so very different to her earlier nightmare life she had endured. She was able to enjoy life and realise that there were kind humans around in this world, and by you sharing her story far and wide her memory will live on.
Run Free Susie-Belle xx
Zack (15/6/01 - 9/10/12) My 1st schnauzer, always in my thoughts
Molly (11/6/04 - 12/3/15) My beautiful girl xx till we meet again
Donna 9
First Name: Donna
Dog #1: Flynn
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 19 Sep 2011
Dog #2: Max
Born: 25 Nov 2012

Post by Donna 9 »

Tears are streaming down my face, I can't imagine how you are feeling BeeBee.

Gone but never forgotten :x
Dionaea
Puppy
First Name: Chris
Dog #1: Pip
Born: 21 Nov 2012

Post by Dionaea »

So,so sorry to hear your sad news. We felt that we really knew Susie-Belle through reading your book. Having recently lost our lovely girl who we had also for only 4 years we understand the pain that you are going through. Deepest sympathy.

Chris
BeeBee
First Name: Janetta

Post by BeeBee »

Thank you everyone for your really kind comments and messages. I am struggling a lot more than I thought I would, and I'd imagined this would be bad :(

But, I know I will be fine in time. I have Twinkle and Renae to focus my mind on things other than how damn unhappy I feel at the moment. They are making sure there's some kind of normality to our days even though I feel far from normal.

I'll soon be back in the fray, fighting on for all the others who never get to know what Susie-Belle did, that life is there for living, and loving. She taught me a hell of a lot in the 4 years 3 months we had together. I won't waste her lessons.

I've been stunned by the response to her passing on social media, her reach has been truly worldwide, I know many are mourning and that her life has mattered. That puppy farmer never knew what a life and soul they had trapped in that barn. I am taking a lot of comfort from the many messages saying how her life has opened people's eyes to the reality of puppy farming, and, this is really special, that people have adopted, or will adopt in future, dogs needing a home. That is her best legacy.

Thank you again, all our dogs are special, every single one. Some just come into our lives with a particular purpose, and I know what Susie-Belle's was for me.
Jasmine (RIP) Renae b.01.11.10, sister to Susie-Belle (RIP), Twinkle (RIP), Cerise & Albert Claude puppy farm rescues, my muses
Creator of Schnauzerfest a good thing made possible by 1000s of good people & dogs
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Susie-Be ... 0289434936
http://www.janettaharvey.com/
Merlins Mommy
First Name: Barb
Dog #1: Merlin
Born: 25 Jun 2010

Post by Merlins Mommy »

So sorry to hear your very sad news, Susie Belle had the most wonderful life with you and her legacy will live on

Run free Susie Belle
Merlin (p & s born 25.6.10)
Lou78
First Name: Louise
Dog #1: Ollie
Born: 26 Jun 2013

Post by Lou78 »

I am so sorry to hear this Beebee.

You must be so proud of her though, knowing how far she came with your love and care and how inspiring her story has been to others. I must admit it was only through reading your book that i began to understand the true horror of puppy farms. It is this legacy that will live on and you must draw some comfort from that although i know this will be an awful time for you.

Susie-Belle was a very special little girl and just because she is no longer physically here, she will still live on through all the good work you do and in all the memories you and others can share of her. I never met her (or you for that matter) but i feel connected to her through your writing and she has touched me and so many others. I am deeply saddened by the news of her passing but am glad that in some small way she was in my life. :ymhug:

Run free brave, sweet girl.