new puppy

The Schnauzer puppy stage goes by so quickly, so make sure you get lots of pictures and make sure that you share them with the rest of us. Bristle noses, floppy ears and wagging tails are all welcome.
jacdales
First Name: Jackie
Dog #1: Hamish
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 28 May 2013
Dog #2: Suzi
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 13 Jun 2017
Dog #3: mahri
Born: 20 May 2006

new puppy

Post by jacdales »

Hi All meet Suzi. She is 18 weeks mini s&p who was advertised for sale following the separation of her owners. We saw the add and fell in love with her wee face.
She is a bundle of energy bounces everywhere well when she is not hanging from Hamish's beard, ears or tail. They play chase and wrestle all day. When we got her it was clear she had never had the chance to run now she is like a freight train speeding down the garden and turning on a sixpence. She is almost faster than Hamish

I have created a file for Suzi in gallery but can't get it on to this post
Robin black mini
First Name: Jo
Dog #1: Robin
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 13 Dec 2014
Dog #2: Stanley st poodle
Born: 24 Nov 2012

Re: new puppy

Post by Robin black mini »

What a doll she is..I had a look in your album,your pack is really lovely indeed. :)
jacdales

Post by jacdales »

Thank you, The original wild bunch Mr Mac, Mahri and Elle feature in my book , Sadly Mr Mac died 2 year ago and the girls are 11.5yrs Hamish did play with Mahri but she is getting a bit old so we decided he needed a wee friend. We were talking about getting a pup perhaps early next year but then we saw the advert for Suzi and just knew it was fate she was meant to be our new girl.
jacdales

Post by jacdales »

Well Suzi has been with us for 2 weeks now and settled into our routine very well. She had some basic training when we got her but now sits and gives a paw for her meals. All my dogs have to do this because when Mahri the Airedale was young she jumped up for her dinner knocking the plate out of my hand and nearly breaking my nose as well. I was bending down with the plate, I ended up wearing most of her green tripe dinner. Not pleasant. Any way I digress Suzi has bonded very well with the pack. Elle the grumpy one eyed welsh terrier (aka the matriarch or queenie) of the pack gives her the odd warning when she rushes in from one room and bounces on her. Mahri tries to play with her but she is still a bit big and lumbering.
Hamish plays chase and tug with toys. Suzi grabs his tail and runs in circles round him. When they are out in our garden Suzi runs like a speeding train, she is faster than Hamish but he runs across at an angle and bowls her over. Whichever bed Hamish sleeps in Suzi just walks over and climbs in beside him. It's lovely to see them curled up together. She has favorite toys a big lion with twisted cord legs and a chicken with similar legs. Given a chance though she will always steal the rabbit shaped door stop from the bathroom. She has this game she plays where she rushes back and forth between the kitchen and sitting room moving dog beds and toys from one place to another then when she is puffed out looks for Hamish to sleep on.
We are working on her recall because she has a 30 second attention span so gets easily distracted. She sits on request very quickly she plonks her bottom on the ground. She will sit stay for a few seconds, she is learning down and no. We took her for her first walk yesterday she pulled a lot so I was glad we had her harness on. It was a chance to get her used to traffic noise tractors and fighter jets you cant get a nosier combination.
Last night the neighbours had fireworks they even scared me I thought they were outside the window Suzi sat on my feet while I prepared dinner, she was scared so I tried the radio up noisy food processors extractor fan but the noise of the fire works was overwhelming . I tried carrots as a distraction, She loves carrot but she refused to touch it. I eventually took her and Elle through to my husbands office at the far end of the house. He said they were much happier there.
We decided to keep a track of her size as I swear she had doubled in height since we got her. so at 20 weeks this wee girl is 5.5 kg
11 ins high and 11 ins long
Suzie36
Puppy
First Name: Tracey
Dog #1: Suzie
Born: 07 Jun 2013
Dog #2: Dexter
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 21 Jul 2017

Post by Suzie36 »

Another Suzi to add to the pack. Have you told your boarders yet :)) :)) :)) My pup Dexter is 16 weeks and very vocal away from home. Will be fun on holidays :)) :))
Tracey, Suzie and Dexter
jacdales

Post by jacdales »

LOL, no I haven't told them but in saying that we are planning uk short breaks next year. The girls will be 12 in June and I'm a bit worried about leaving them for too long now. We didn't plan to have a pup till next year but fate intervened and we have her. She's stolen everyone's hearts she is a lot like Lisa's Millie, loves everyone but totally besotted with R which is what he wanted he was a bit envious of Hamish and his devotion to me.