Our Boy Oscar

Saying goodbye to our Schnauzers is the hardest part. Share your memories here as we bid farewell to our beloved friends. They've crossed the bridge and returned to the meadow in full health and free of injuries. Running free. We won't forget.
blackbear
Puppy
First Name: Steve
Dog #1: Oscar
is a: Black Giant Dog
Born: 23 Nov 2011

Our Boy Oscar

Post by blackbear »

ImageImage
It's been so hard coming to terms with the loss of Oscar-our First dog-he was a fabulous friendly Giant who we lost to leukemia on the 4th of august this year-he was only just over 5 years 6 months and he came everywhere with us.
The Animal Health Trust did all they could for him but it was too aggressive to give him more than 3 mths from diagnosis
Our house has been so empty since and it still amazes us how much a dog gets under your skin.
What has helped us to write this is that we have a new puppy coming into our lives in the new year-Yes it could only be another Giant and so the journey starts again-older and wiser this time!!! lets hope we have a longer relationship this time
Regards
Steve and Jackie
mikegoodson1
First Name: Mike
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 17 Oct 2015
Dog #2: Sasha
is a: B/S Mini Bitch
Born: 23 Sep 2017

Re: Our Boy Oscar

Post by mikegoodson1 »

I'm so very sorry to hear about your loss, we have only had our boy 2 years (a black mini also called Oscar) and yet he is my best buddy, I cannot bear to think of a time when he isn't around with me anymore. Your Oscar looked fabulous, very regal.

I hope everything works out for you and your new puppy, boy or girl? Have you thought of names yet?
Oscar 12345
First Name: Julie
Dog #1: Oscar RIP Sweety
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 21 Dec 2002
Dog #2: Otto
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 04 Jul 2017

Post by Oscar 12345 »

Steve,

I do feel for you, what a stunning boy he looked and to go so young... so so sad. But a new story begins with your new little Giant and like me I hope you enjoy the comparisons and the memories that a new pup stirs in you. I do hope you have better luck this time, the later years with your best friend are the most wonderful in my opinion. Your new pup looks beautiful.
Man cannot survive with wine alone...
we also need a schnauzer.
redalert
First Name: Sue
Dog #1: Fizz
is a: Black Std Bitch
Born: 09 Jan 2010
Dog #2: Bo
is a: Black Std Bitch
Born: 16 Jan 2012

Post by redalert »

I am so sorry to read about losing Oscar, yes they leave such huge holes in our hearts, your new pupster will help to fill the hole but you will never forget. I still miss hugely my boy who we lost over 2 years ago, there isn't a day go by without something reminding me of him.
jacdales
First Name: Jackie
Dog #1: Hamish
Born: 28 May 2013
Dog #2: Suzi
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 13 Jun 2017
Dog #3: mahri
Born: 20 May 2006

Post by jacdales »

Sorry to hear about Oscar He will have left a large hole in your heart but what better way to honour his memory than with a new baby giant. The pup will evoke happy memories of Oscar as a pup and growing up and your smile will be twice as big as you watch your new baby growing up.

Have you thought of a name for him?
Robin black mini
First Name: Jo
Dog #1: Robin
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 13 Dec 2014
Dog #2: Stanley st poodle
Born: 24 Nov 2012

Post by Robin black mini »

I'm sorry to read about your loss..he looked a lovely boy,gone too soon.You never forget them,but I hope the new pup helps you to heal .i have both my standard poodle girls buried in my garden with a flowering bush planted over each one.When they flower it lifts my heart to remember them .
blackbear
Puppy
First Name: Steve
is a: Black Giant Dog
Born: 23 Nov 2011

Post by blackbear »

Thank you all for your kind words-you all know how much our dogs mean to us
Anyway to update you we will be collecting our new puppy in the next couple of weeks-we can't wait
We think we have settled on the name Mason-that wasn't an easy decision!!
to oscar12345-that puppy picture was Oscar shortly after he was born-i have not posted any pictures of our new puppy yet
Oscar 12345
First Name: Julie
Dog #1: Oscar RIP Sweety
Born: 21 Dec 2002
Dog #2: Otto
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 04 Jul 2017

Post by Oscar 12345 »

Ah yes, Oscar the beautiful pup that grew into a stunning young man. Hope the pup pick up and first few days go wonderfully well for you all.
Man cannot survive with wine alone...
we also need a schnauzer.
Fergus
First Name: colin

Post by Fergus »

I have never seen a giant in real life, but they look amazing.
Good luck with your new puppy.
schnauzer
First Name: Christine
Dog #1: Suzi (RIP) 13/4/17
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 15 May 2004
Dog #2: Gino/Siglette Shadow
Born: 09 May 2017

Post by schnauzer »

What a handsome boy Oscar, you will be running around Rainbow Bridge with our Suzi who we lost 9 months ago she was nearly 13, no matter what age, they leave us devastated as they meant so much to us. I'm so pleased to read that you are having another soon, you wont regret I'm sure as it will ease your pain. As much as I still miss Suzi having Gino is filling the gap that we had in our house. I felt guilty having another so soon but its the best thing we did, he'll never replace her but giving us so much joy. Look forward to seeing photos of your new arrival.
Christine & Gino (Siglette Shadow (born 9/5/17 ---

Suzi (15/5/04---13/4/17) (Sugarbabe) RIP loved you to the moon & back, miss you so so much precious girl
Eddie
First Name: Graham

Post by Eddie »

A new pup is great but you won't forget Oscar. We lost our Eddie at five and a half to stomach cancer back in 2012 and although we now have our gang of three he is still very much in our thoughts.
I wish you all the best with your new addition.
Graham, Judie, Eddie (19-03-07 to 25-07-12), Mouse, Daisy and little Reilly. Image
Bodee
First Name: Boyd

Post by Bodee »

Condolences on the loss of your friendly giant, Oscar

I agree with Eddie. If anything a new puppy helps sustain memories of the one you lost. I lost my standard Max about the same time you lost Oscar after nearly 15 years and my life and my house is now filled by Milla, a miniature black schnauzer who makes me look forward to every new day.

I'm sure you will have lots and lots of great times with Mason and that he will help you to fill your house with fun and bring back many good memories of Oscar.