Cow pat time!

Had enough of your Schnauzer for one day. Then sit back, relax and put your feet up. You can let off a little steam here about things unrelated to your four-legged schnauzer.
RainyDayz
First Name: Kate

Cow pat time!

Post by RainyDayz »

Anyone else 'enjoyong' wiping green beards? My 2 are sooo excited going out into the fields now where there are young calves drinking fresh milk and leaving milky-poo-shakes all over the place to be noshed. A real delicacy apparently... You try stopping them... [-x
mikegoodson1
First Name: Mike
Dog #1: Oscar
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 17 Oct 2015
Dog #2: Sasha
is a: B/S Mini Bitch
Born: 23 Sep 2017

Re: Cow pat time!

Post by mikegoodson1 »

Blimey, we have not encountered those yet :(

Sasha (nearly 8 months old) has decided that she likes to sniff out then roll around in foxes poo! It's an absolute nightmare to clean off and usually results in me having to bath her to try and rid her of the smell. Oscar has never done this, nor shown any interest in it. He looks at Sasha 'mid-roll' as if to say "What ARE you doing"....

So God forbid she discovers cow pat!

Just remembered, the 'gross' thing Oscar does (and it was certainly NOT trained), he loves newly laid horse's dung! The fresher the better ;) although he simply turns his nose up at it if it's old. He loves a good munch on the stuff :-o We do try and shoo him away from it but he is pretty determined!
Schnauzer Sam
First Name: Sam
Dog #1: Rosie
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 06 Jul 2017
Dog #2: Edie
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 11 Jun 2018

Post by Schnauzer Sam »

Never had the pleasure of removing a green milk shake from a schnauzer before.

My first mini schnauzer, Molly had a taste for fox and badger poo, both of which we had in abundance on our usual walk. I was always horrified when I walked round the corner to find her rolling on her back on something as I knew the smell would be intolerable. It wasn't always poo though, we also had the privilege of dead rats too.

Thankfully in Guernsey we have no foxes or badgers so don't need to worry about that. The main thing to worry about are the rabbits who tease Rosie by leaving little presents of tasty kibble as an appetiser !!
Country Girl at Heart (Molly) 8 April 2003 - 22 December 2018

You're never alone when you own a schnauzer

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Rosie-and-E ... 872588622/
Oscar 12345
First Name: Julie
Dog #1: Oscar RIP Sweety
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 21 Dec 2002
Dog #2: Otto
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 04 Jul 2017

Post by Oscar 12345 »

My 1st schnauzer Oscar loved all that stuff and I found that by shouting NO very very loudly just before he was about to tuck in trained him not to go near it and he used to give everything a wide berth after that. Otto loves rabbit droppings, he will leave horse droppings now but his very favourite is sheep doings - absolutely adores that so we don't go in fields where sheep have been. Otto has not rolled in anything yet, never even tried and we get a lot of foxes around here. In his early days he did have a dead mouse in his mouth and on another occasion a dead frog..... oh and on a couple of occasions he did try dog poo but Mummy got rather hysterical and thankfully those days are long gone. Now he just likes to lick pee on the grass oh and eat any beetle that has the temerity to go near him.
Man cannot survive with wine alone...
we also need a schnauzer.