Changes to Pet Passport post Britexit

Please feel free to introduce yourself and your Schnauzer to the rest of the members of the forum. A photo of your Schnauzer is always appreciated.

Moderators: GaryThomlinson, zeta1454, Dawnspell

Forum rules
Please do not post questions regarding your dog here. This area allows people to introduce themselves and get to know other members of the forum. Any specific issues can be raised in the appropriate section.
the wife
Puppy
First Name: anna

Changes to Pet Passport post Britexit

Post by the wife »

Hi
we are the proud owners of a super giant male who loves his holidays travelling through France and Europe, but all this is set to change post britexit.
Holders of UK registered Pet Passports will not be able to travel throught Europe.
The EU have stated they may impose 4 day quarantine both on entry and exit from the EU plus pets will have to be imported and exported with the correct documents up to 4 months in advance. Defra have confirmed the UK Pet Passport will finish upon Britexit with no plans in place to replace it. We have started a petition aimed at the EU to bring this to everyone's attention, if you want the link please private message me. This is causing us and our pet a lot of distress.
mikegoodson1
First Name: Mike
Dog #1: Oscar
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 17 Oct 2015
Dog #2: Sasha
is a: B/S Mini Bitch
Born: 23 Sep 2017

Re: Changes to Pet Passport post Britexit

Post by mikegoodson1 »

If this is true, this isn't great news for me either as we take our two over to Austria, which we love doing. Don't get me wrong, I am sure there are loads of great places in the UK to holiday with your dog but cutting off mainland Europe for pet holidays isn't great :(
zeta1454
First Name: Leigh
Dog #1: Magic
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 20 Apr 2010
Dog #2: Trilby
Born: 15 Mar 2012
Dog #3: Pip
Born: 21 Feb 2014

Post by zeta1454 »

There are some details on this link which may mean the final outcome re the passports is not yet certain:

http://vets4pets.co.uk/pet-passports/
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Magic - Silversocks Sharade at Darksprite
Trilby - Darksprite Rosa Bud

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/C ... 916994967/
the wife
Puppy

Post by the wife »

See Below ,This is the reason for starting the petition, plus I have also emailed Mr Juncker to explain the impact on our pets and peoples business etc and are waiting for a response. Might be a good idea if other schnauzer owners who feel strongly about not being able to take there pet on holiday etc with out vast expense, paperwork and worry could do the same or PM me for a link to my petition!

The EU European Commission president has also said a four-day quarantine may be imposed on pet dogs and cats passing from the UK to continental Europe and again on their return journey.
Speaking at a public meeting in Freiburg, Germany, Mr Juncker said now they just pass through the customs, all these dogs and cats coming to mainland Europe each year.
'There are lots of people in Europe who just want people and animals to just cross borders, but I think we are going to have a four-day quarantine.
'If you want to go to Brittany for eight days for holidays, then maybe you need to leave the dog or cat at home, or maybe you will stay home altogether.'
schnauzerfan

Post by schnauzerfan »

Where is the petition? Of course I will sign! This has nothing to do with trade or health. It is sheer cussedness.
the wife
Puppy

Post by the wife »

Hi
At last, this will affect us all when we want to our pets aboard as before Brexit.

https://www.thepetitionsite.com/en-gb/7 ... gh-europe/
the wife
Puppy

Post by the wife »

Just received the response from President Juncker stating the EU legal requirement on movement of Pets entering the EU post Britexit,(direct from the horses mouth) see information and link below,
On the issue of the pet passport, please note that once the UK is no longer a Member State, the rules for non-commercial movements of animals coming from third countries will apply. You can find all available information as regards the movement of pet animals from non-EU countries into the Union on the following website: https://ec.europa.eu/food/animals/pet-m ... -non-eu_en

I am still waiting for Derfa response regarding the British requirement on re-entering the UK from the EU .
zeta1454
First Name: Leigh
Dog #1: Magic
Born: 20 Apr 2010
Dog #2: Trilby
Born: 15 Mar 2012
Dog #3: Pip
Born: 21 Feb 2014

Post by zeta1454 »

Re the UK it all depends on the nature of any deal and, if no deal, which category of country Britain is placed in:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... rexit-deal
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Magic - Silversocks Sharade at Darksprite
Trilby - Darksprite Rosa Bud

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/C ... 916994967/
the wife
Puppy

Post by the wife »

We can all hope the UK will obtain a deal which will allow our pets to travel with ease through out the EU, but I don't believe this will be on the top of list at present!
If any one is interested in the full response from President Juncker which makes interesting reading please PM.
the wife
Puppy

Post by the wife »

Latest advice from Micheal Gove speaking to House of Lords committee and published in mainstream papers 17/10/2018

People who want to be 'absolutely certain' they can take their pets abroad in the Easter holidays after Brexit in the case of a no deal and you're worried about the worst case scenario , should see their vet in November to ensure your vaccinations are appropriate in November,'
The UK becoming an 'unlisted third country' ' after a no-deal Brexit would lead to onerous new measures for pet owners.

My petition is as in previous posting above.