Jasper's puppy days

The Miniature Schnauzer is a smallest dog in the Schnauzer breed and originated in the mid-to-late 19th Century from Germany. The Miniature Schnauzer is a cross between the Standard Schnauzer and other smaller breeds such as the Poodle. A miniature Schnauzer is a spunky, but aloof dog who does things their own way. They tend to be good guard dogs without the tendency to bite.
Forum rules
Please feel free to post here if your topic does not fit into one of the categories under 'Caring for your Schnauzer'. There are sections for breeding, feeding, grooming, showing and many more that may be more appropriate than this generic section
Dawnspell
First Name: Alison
Dog #1: Barney RIP 8/3/19
is a: White Mini Dog
Born: 06 Feb 2013
Dog #2: Jasper
Born: 25 Apr 2019

Re: Jasper's puppy days

Post by Dawnspell »

Schnauzer Sam wrote: 05 Sep 2019, 16:31
Dawnspell wrote: 05 Sep 2019, 11:42 ) Hed had 14 prunes so jasper had eaten 13
I'm pleased that Jasper's OK and I hope that after 14 prunes the O/H is OK too =))
=)) Maybe it's a good job I'm away =))
Our first family dog
Barney - Pocketpark Biali Eyebright 6/2/13 - 8/3/19 Gone too soon
Motto for owners who groom their own Schnauzers -"Never mind it'll soon grow back"
redalert
First Name: Sue
Dog #1: Fizz
is a: Black Std Bitch
Born: 09 Jan 2010
Dog #2: Bo
Born: 16 Jan 2012

Post by redalert »

Gosh Alison, this little whipper snapper sure keeps you on your toes doesn't he, bless him. :D I'm glad they are both ok and as you say, probably best your out of the way :))
Dawnspell

Post by Dawnspell »

redalert wrote: 09 Sep 2019, 08:18 Gosh Alison, this little whipper snapper sure keeps you on your toes doesn't he, bless him. :D I'm glad they are both ok and as you say, probably best your out of the way :))
That's for sure. I'm back in Guernsey now. We have a fenced off bit from the main garden around the patio with grass so he can wonder in and out. The little tinker has now worked out how to get through the gate at the bottom :ymdevil: I've now had to put a second lock on it so he cant get through :D

OH keeps saying he needs fur from in front of his eyes trimming away so he can see, you know the annoying bit that has to weigh down. The last thing we want is him seeing =))
Our first family dog
Motto for owners who groom their own Schnauzers -"Never mind it'll soon grow back"
GoEmGo
First Name: Emma
Dog #1: Montgomery (Monty)
Born: 22 Dec 2018

Post by GoEmGo »

What a scary time - at least Jasper wasn't perturbed at all. I still love watching Monty zoomie around! Good to hear that Jasper is ok and honing his cheeky streak!
redalert

Post by redalert »

Gosh no - leave all the eye fur in place, goodness knows what he'd get up to if he has clear, non interrupted vision =)) I bet Barney is looking down and watching and thinking "my poor mum" what has she done - ;)
Dawnspell

Post by Dawnspell »

So what's the tinker been up to since I last posted.

He's worked out how to undo the second lock on the gate, so now it's held shut by a granite block. No doubt he'll use it as a stepping stone or something =))

Another emergency get visit while I was away. This time he'd managed to get the lid off a tin, yes, the lid off a tin, of a box of after eight mints. OH wasn't sure what he'd eaten but they're dark chocolate.

A big hurrah his baby teeth are almost all gone. His new front teeth look beautiful Simon Cowell would be jealous :))

Training's got behind as I missed the last 2 lessons of puppy class, we still passed though We'll start again with beginners at some point.

He's grown I reckon he's 14" at the shoulder and weighed 7 kg at last vet visit. Think that was before he was made sick =)) His coat is lovely I've still only carded him once. He's just got wire coat. Furnishings growing and we have sideways growing eyebrows =)) and a little beard coming on.

A rare photo of him standing still. He hasn't been groomed for a couple of weeks on this one.

His funky sidebrows =)) I'm still not touching his ears they still keep doing weird things
Our first family dog
mikegoodson1
First Name: Mike
Dog #1: Oscar
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 17 Oct 2015
Dog #2: Sasha
is a: B/S Mini Bitch
Born: 23 Sep 2017

Post by mikegoodson1 »

What a handsome young chap :)
Oscar 12345
First Name: Julie
Dog #1: Oscar RIP Sweety
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 21 Dec 2002
Dog #2: Otto
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 04 Jul 2017

Post by Oscar 12345 »

What a little monkey... He looks terrific.
Man cannot survive with wine alone...
we also need a schnauzer.
redalert

Post by redalert »

He has devil written all over his face, I think your in for a few more trips to the vets before he is fully matured, bless him, he's a little stunner :x
Schnauzer Sam
First Name: Sam
Dog #1: Rosie
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 06 Jul 2017
Dog #2: Edie
Born: 11 Jun 2018

Post by Schnauzer Sam »

Hi Alison,

I'm sorry to hear of your mum's passing. Although it wasn't unexpected, it doesn't lessen your sense of loss.

At 14", Jasper must be more or less fully grown and will now just fill out at the shoulders and chest?

Schnauzer pups are super inventive at problem solving and without watching them all the time, it can be difficult to work out how they manage some things. I set a puzzle down yesterday for my pair. Rosie was able to work it out whereas Edie wasn't, even after watching Rosie do it so she resorted to plan B; she let Rosie liberate the treats, then dived in and stole them before Rosie managed to get them. Not how I wanted her to problem solve but it was a solution :)
Country Girl at Heart (Molly) 8 April 2003 - 22 December 2018

You're never alone when you own a schnauzer

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Rosie-and-E ... 872588622/
Dawnspell

Post by Dawnspell »

Schnauzer Sam wrote: 25 Sep 2019, 11:51
At 14", Jasper must be more or less fully grown and will now just fill out at the shoulders and chest?
Ive just tried measuring him. I reckon hes closer to 15" which is amazing considering how tiny he was. Barney stopped growing in height at around 7 months. At this rate he could end up as tall but will never be as heavy. Its his long legs that do it. He's still very much built like a racing snake =))
The chair test yesterday.
12 weeks ago

His new area of mischief is pick pocketing. I always keep a little bag of treats in my pocket to be able to give quick rewards. Hes always sticking his nose into pockets for tissues anyway. I was laid on the settee the other night doing a puzzle. I heard rustling looked down. Hed got a tissue out of my pocket and ripped it up and was in the process of throwing the bag of treats around to get them out :-o I hadn't even felt him going in my pocket, I know they hadn't fallen out as other things were still in my pocket and nothing has fallen out before. I couldn't help but laugh at him he was so pleased with himself :)) He got given the treats in the bag for bringing the bag back to me :D
Our first family dog
GoEmGo
First Name: Emma
Dog #1: Montgomery (Monty)
Born: 22 Dec 2018

Post by GoEmGo »

Wowzers. Look at those thighs! He looks like an absolute delight.

Monty is 14 inches at nine months and I think he's definitely as tall as he's going to get. And he's hovered around 8kg for six weeks, so I think he's done growing. He's a little lean machine.

Jasper looks like he might be a lean machine too - but a fair bit taller! :)
Schnauzer Sam
First Name: Sam
Dog #1: Rosie
Born: 06 Jul 2017
Dog #2: Edie
Born: 11 Jun 2018

Post by Schnauzer Sam »

Dawnspell wrote: 26 Sep 2019, 10:37 Image
Ignoring the colour, does anyone think he looks like the Grinch :)
Country Girl at Heart (Molly) 8 April 2003 - 22 December 2018

You're never alone when you own a schnauzer

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Rosie-and-E ... 872588622/
Dawnspell

Post by Dawnspell »

Schnauzer Sam wrote: 26 Sep 2019, 14:37
Dawnspell wrote: 26 Sep 2019, 10:37 Image
Ignoring the colour, does anyone think he looks like the Grinch :)
I didn't think the Grinch had ears ? :-\
More like Dobby with his ears

I got him weighed at the vets today at 22 weeks he's 7.8kg, Barney at 23 weeks was 9.3kg :-o
Our first family dog
BeeBee
First Name: Janetta

Post by BeeBee »

I've just caught up with your news Alison. So sorry about Barney, how awful for you all.
But love reading about Jasper.
We now have a young boy, a mini - Albert Claude - who is masquerading as a giant. He is enormous, with long legs and I love your description "racing snake'!!
Jasmine (RIP) Renae b.01.11.10, sister to Susie-Belle (RIP), Twinkle (RIP), Cerise & Albert Claude puppy farm rescues, my muses
Creator of Schnauzerfest a good thing made possible by 1000s of good people & dogs
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Susie-Be ... 0289434936
http://www.janettaharvey.com/