Hi community.

Please feel free to introduce yourself and your Schnauzer to the rest of the members of the forum. A photo of your Schnauzer is always appreciated.

Moderators: GaryThomlinson, zeta1454, Dawnspell

Forum rules
Please do not post questions regarding your dog here. This area allows people to introduce themselves and get to know other members of the forum. Any specific issues can be raised in the appropriate section.
Ahdovis
First Name: Gabriel

Hi community.

Post by Ahdovis »

Hi all, I'm Gabriel. I live in New York. I have schnauzer puppy. The puppy is so cute and very energetic but I found him with some skin problem as below:

* his body with few tick
* inflammation on the skin
* some yellow liquid coming out
* very strong body odor coming out from the skin
* Itchy
* body full of white white thing something similar to dandruff

I did tried the shampoo for killing pest like tick and flea but the situation still the same. I dont noe what actually bite his skin, it is canine mange, flea, lice or tick..I'm very worry and will seek for vet tml.

Is anyone noe what happen on him? Please give me some advise..
Oscar 12345
First Name: Julie
Dog #1: Oscar RIP Sweety
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 21 Dec 2002
Dog #2: Otto
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 04 Jul 2017

Re: Hi community.

Post by Oscar 12345 »

Hello Gabriel, welcome to the forum. Sounds like your pup is suffering. We are not vets here so it is difficult for us to diagnose what is going on. I would recommend you take your pup to the vet for a full check up immediately as he must be very uncomfortable and they will also determine what is best to make him better.
Man cannot survive with wine alone...
we also need a schnauzer.
zeta1454
First Name: Leigh
Dog #1: Magic
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 20 Apr 2010
Dog #2: Trilby
Born: 15 Mar 2012
Dog #3: Pip
Born: 21 Feb 2014

Re: Hi community.

Post by zeta1454 »

Hi Gabriel,
Welcome to the Forum :-)

Do take your puppy to the vet as soon as possible for a health check and advice. Only a vet can diagnose what the problem is but, once you have a diagnosis, there may be Forum members who can offer help on other treatments.

Have you just bought / rehomed the puppy? It is good that he is lively but the skin condition and parasites are worrying as this is not what you would expect with a puppy from a reputable breeder or rescue.

If he has ticks, these can be removed with a tick removal tool (and destroyed) but any longer term treatment will need to be after a diagnosis from your vet.

https://www.otom.com/en/

Let us know how things go at the vet.
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Magic - Silversocks Sharade at Darksprite
Trilby - Darksprite Rosa Bud

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/C ... 916994967/