new member, and Watson

Please feel free to introduce yourself and your Schnauzer to the rest of the members of the forum. A photo of your Schnauzer is always appreciated.

Moderators: GaryThomlinson, zeta1454, Dawnspell

Forum rules
Please do not post questions regarding your dog here. This area allows people to introduce themselves and get to know other members of the forum. Any specific issues can be raised in the appropriate section.
Schnauzenator
Puppy
First Name: Julie
Dog #1: Kaya
is a: B/S Mini Bitch
Born: 01 Sep 2010

Re: new member, and Watson

Post by Schnauzenator »

Oh yes - until he’s running away from you. And he will. Lots lol. as in bolts! May I suggest a box of healthy biscuits to shake .... that always brought my puppy back.
Oscar 12345
First Name: Julie
Dog #1: Oscar RIP Sweety
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 21 Dec 2002
Dog #2: Otto
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 04 Jul 2017

Post by Oscar 12345 »

A lovely post Julie.
Man cannot survive with wine alone...
we also need a schnauzer.
Watson01
Puppy
First Name: greg

Post by Watson01 »

What a lovely post, thanks Julie. I’ve been so wrapped up in spending time with Watson that i’ve Not been back here for a while, so its a great surprise to have such a positive response. He is still glorious! But growing incredibly fast. As many of you mentioned, they are a very smart breed, and Watson is no exception. He is now much happier in the car, and is doing great at training. He’s coming back on walks at the moment, but has yet to be tested by spotting anything running away, and giving chase. He loves a treat! He’s still not perfect at going out. We’ve had almost a solid week where he went out every time, and we thought we had cracked it, but then suddenly did a little pee inside. Infuriating, as it does feel like he knows where to go. We got little bells on the door and he started ringing them too. Still pretty terrible separation anxiety, but trying to give him a bit of time on his own at least once a day so he realises its not forever! Thanks as always for the advice.