Standard Schnauzer Breeders

Need help using the forum. Then please ask here. We will be along shortly to give assistance about using the forum or questions about any of the features.
Forum rules
Please do not post questions regarding your dog here. This area allows people to ask questions about using the forum. Any specific issues relating to your dog can be raised in the appropriate section. All the advice will work on a desktop PC running Windows 7 or Windows 8. Unless specified, it has not been tested on tablets or smartphones.
Rusty_Nail72
First Name: Adele

Standard Schnauzer Breeders

Post by Rusty_Nail72 »

Hello

This is a genuine post for breeders of black and silver standard schnauzers. This is for my sister who is a vet and a genuine dog lover. She has had 3 standard salt and peppers in the past. Her current dog is old and poorly. She would like a black and silver standard next but I can’t find any. Please, please can you help me. Her dog is her life and she will be devastated when she goes. Any help will be grateful received. xx
zeta1454
First Name: Leigh
Dog #1: Magic
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 20 Apr 2010
Dog #2: Trilby
Born: 15 Mar 2012
Dog #3: Pip
Born: 21 Feb 2014

Re: Standard Schnauzer Breeders

Post by zeta1454 »

Hi Adele - and welcome to the Forum :)

Black and silver schnauzers are very rare in all countries and there will be a waiting list for a good puppy from a reputable breeder. I can understand you wanting to help your sister in sad circumstances but really the decision to get a puppy of any breed must always be taken by the person who wants a dog and your sister needs to be getting in touch with schnauzer breed clubs and the Kennel Club (or similar in your country if you do not live in the U.K.) to find schnauzer breeders to contact.

Standard schnauzers generally are not common and it is likely that all reputable breeders of any colour will have a waiting list. Perhaps if your sister contacted the breeders of her current dog they may be able to let her know of any good breeders of B&S standards.

It is so important for a dog that anyone is bringing into their life that they are chosen from the best possible source and that their new family are focused on their welfare first and foremost and that almost always means waiting for a good breeder willing to let them have one of their pups. There can often be the need for time to grieve the loss of a much loved dog and it is not always the case that getting a puppy at a traumatic time is the best solution. It really is a decision that needs a lot of thought and research but I do feel for you wanting to help your sister at a sad time and for your sister too whose time will be taken up at present with caring for her current dog towards the end of her life journey.
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Magic - Silversocks Sharade at Darksprite
Trilby - Darksprite Rosa Bud

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/C ... 916994967/