Jasper is 5 today

Celebrating a birthday or is your Schnauzer celebrating a birthday? Then congratulations from all of us.
Dawnspell
First Name: Alison
Dog #1: Barney RIP 8/3/19
is a: White Mini Dog
Born: 06 Feb 2013
Dog #2: Jasper
Born: 25 Apr 2019

Jasper is 5 today

Post by Dawnspell »

Where as the time gone, cant believe he's 5. I think hes finally finished going through adolescence =))

He still has anxiety issues about the world but he so much more chilled than he used to be. He's never going to like children but at least he now doesnt go into meltdown just hearing one never mind seeing one like he used to. He's still learning that he can ignore things and not everything is his business. I think there will always be training to be done with him =)) he's full on, but is the biggest cuddle bug at home.

To show how far hes come his Gran had to spend the last few months of her life in hospital at the end of last year. She had dementia with anxiety and panic issues and would get very distraught. The ward was dog friendly and Jasper visited her almost everyday. He walked calmly through the hospital, didn't bark at people, and would lay on his blanket on the bed for cuddles and endless treats from his Gran. It was ironic that the dog with anxiety issues himself was the one that was best at calming down his Gran :x which also helped calm her visitors down not seeing her so distressed.

This mornings walk. The cliff paths are just coming into full bloom

Giving me stink eye. He doesnt like his photo being taken =))

His daytime job as Office Morale Dog
Our first family dog
Barney - Pocketpark Biali Eyebright 6/2/13 - 8/3/19 Gone too soon
Motto for owners who groom their own Schnauzers -"Never mind it'll soon grow back"
zeta1454
First Name: Leigh
Dog #1: Magic
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 20 Apr 2010
Dog #2: Trilby
Born: 15 Mar 2012
Dog #3: Pip
Born: 21 Feb 2014

Re: Jasper is 5 today

Post by zeta1454 »

Belated happy birthday wishes to Jasper :YMPARTY:

Lovely photos and so good to hear how he has progressed with all your dedication. It really is worth it for these little dogs and he must be so much happier in himself now too. It is wonderful how intuitively they seem to know when someone is in distress and can help them in just the right way - no words needed ❤️
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Magic - Silversocks Sharade at Darksprite
Trilby - Darksprite Rosa Bud

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/C ... 916994967/
Dawnspell
First Name: Alison
Dog #1: Barney RIP 8/3/19
Born: 06 Feb 2013
Dog #2: Jasper
Born: 25 Apr 2019

Re: Jasper is 5 today

Post by Dawnspell »

Thanks Leigh.

Having a "special needs" dog certainly makes you a better dog owner. I'm also more aware of how little dog owners when out walking are ignoring what their dogs are trying to tell them about how they feel. Jasper has taught me so much about dog behaviour, its definitely a 2 way learning process :D
Our first family dog
Barney - Pocketpark Biali Eyebright 6/2/13 - 8/3/19 Gone too soon
Motto for owners who groom their own Schnauzers -"Never mind it'll soon grow back"