Dog guards and boot liners

Had enough of your Schnauzer for one day. Then sit back, relax and put your feet up. You can let off a little steam here about things unrelated to your four-legged schnauzer.
BFG
First Name: Nicola
Born: 09 Oct 2004

Dog guards and boot liners

Post by BFG »

I have just had to get a new car (new to me, the cars not new) and I wondered if anybody knows of a good place to buy dog guards and the bootliners that cover the sides of the boot aswell. I want to try and keep this car cleaner than the old one.
Looking forward to your replies
Nicola
Spencer the BFG
AMH

Post by AMH »

Hi,
I bought both from Halfords, the dogs guard is universal so fits a few cars and the boot liner covers the back of seats and floor, it comes in a green fabric that is easy to wipe mucky paw prints off :D
Anna
Heikismum
First Name: Lorraine

Post by Heikismum »

snazy

Post by snazy »

I just use a crate in the car and it keeps the muck inside that (except for what drops off the dogs not in the crate :wink: )
Cam2
First Name: Chris
Dog #1: Sammy
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 0- 9-2012
Dog #2: Kody
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 0- 6-2015

Post by Cam2 »

I also use a dog cage/crate and have a rubber mat underneath it. My two are safe and cosy in the cage and the muddy footprints are confined :) and I just take the rubber mat out now and again and give it a shake.
BFG

Post by BFG »

I don't find having a crate in my boot very convenient, (I know they keep your dog very safe) especially when it comes to Friday and a major food shop. The crate I had for Spencer was so big and heavy it just wasn't practical to just keep lifting it in and out and finding somewhere to put it.

This site I found this morning http://www.rhinouk.co.uk/
I have ordered one and a universal guard from ebay.

Thankyou for your suggestions.
Spencer the BFG
snazy

Post by snazy »

I find the crate stops the shopping from rolling around :wink:
BFG

Post by BFG »

I don't really like my food being where the dog has been that much!!!!!

Also the crate I have, although huge, Spencer still has to hang his head slightly (he doesn't lie down that much) and last time he went in it for any distance he was not a happy dog, he howled for most of the journey, not pleasant and I don't think it would fit in the new car as the boot is not quite as big as the old one.
Spencer the BFG