In Memorium - Rainbow Bridge

Saying goodbye to our Schnauzers is the hardest part. Share your memories here as we bid farewell to our beloved friends. They've crossed the bridge and returned to the meadow in full health and free of injuries. Running free. We won't forget.
Jools

In Memorium - Rainbow Bridge

Post by Jools »

RAINBOW BRIDGE POEM

"Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to the Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor, those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing: They all run and play together, but the day comes when on suddenly, stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; his eager body begins to quiver. Suddenly he breaks from the group, flying over the green grass, faster and faster. You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into those trusting eyes, so long from you life, but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together..."
Last edited by Jools on 13 Dec 2007, 10:57, edited 1 time in total.
paula

Post by paula »

How beautiful. Brought a tear to my eye as i thought of the wonderful dogs who i have shared my life with. run free Guy,Jack Gyp,Sally,Judy,Bonny and Pawsha.
Schnauzers forever
lizweb20

Post by lizweb20 »

Yes, that is beautiful, very touching.
Liz Webster
Lindseyb

Post by Lindseyb »

Oh goodness you shouldnt post these things for me to read it always makes me cry. I've always known I would see my old Chloe again.
Lexsus

Post by Lexsus »

Click on the link for the poem set to music but be warned it will make you cry
http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html
Sue
Darwinsmum

Post by Darwinsmum »

Lexsus wrote:Click on the link for the poem set to music but be warned it will make you cry
Sue
That's the understatement of the year, thank goodness it's just me and the dogs here.
Lipgloss
First Name: Michelle

Post by Lipgloss »

Lexsus wrote:Click on the link for the poem set to music but be warned it will make you cry
Sue
I have the rainbow bridge poem on my own webpage, but I don't read it anymore - I thought I'd have a peek at this one though... and, yep, my mascara is everywhere. I lost 2 dogs last year, my yorkie girl Sophia at 13 and my lovely Winnie, my miniature Schnauzer at just 5 years of age after a caeserian, so it was a very bad 2006 for me and my family.
2007 is nearly over and they are both still very much in our hearts and minds, we will never forget them...
Michelle, who reckons all dogs should have their meat and eat it...!
miniforme
First Name: Lisa

Post by miniforme »

should have listened to your warning sue
nice poem
ImageBig dogs in little packages
Lexsus

Post by Lexsus »

It draws me to it maybe I am morbid I don't know but still haven't got over losing our old Honey in 2002 but sometimes when I get down I look at that makes me cry but somehow I feel better after looking I really miss her
Lexi is the total opposite of Hon and the love of my life and I am glad they are so different as you don't compare them at all...
I hope it doesn't upset anyone too much as I would hate to think that I caused anyone pain...
Sue
shearpawfection

Post by shearpawfection »

I Had a Look at the rainbow bridge website and I have to say.
My Ben is 14 and he is on met for his arthiritus and I feel really sorry for him because I know he has got less time ahead of him now,
He has had a Great Life with us as we rescued him at 8 months old. and he's been the best dog ever, and I know He is still with us, but I just kept thinking of the day he crosses over and I absolutly Cried my eyes out, It was so so sad for me and I just couldnt stop. Its a lovely page.
I hope he live forever but I just dont really know if i will be able to cope when the day comes. Its just so sad. I love You Ben!! XXXX
Lexsus

Post by Lexsus »

I know exactly what you mean it would be nice if you could spray them with something to keep them eternally with you their little lives are so short in comparison to ours and they grow into part of your family to the extent that you miss them as much as you would miss a child of your family...
Have a lovely Christmas and give your dear old fella (Ben)a huge hug from us...
Sue and Lexi
dannie_kl

Re: In Memorium - Rainbow Bridge

Post by dannie_kl »

I found this little site with a nice selection of poems for that awful time, we put them into cards and send to our customers when they lose their beloved pets....we miss them coming in too! anyway of all of them i think this is my favourite but it does make me feel really sad for the day (which i sincerely hope is many many years off) I lose one of mine. My grandparents old GSD Baron is 12 now and ive known him all his life, he will be the first family dog i've properly known and passes (hopefully not just yet either, he seems fit as a fiddle :) ) so here it is my favourite:
I'm Still Here

Friend, please don't mourn for me
I'm still here, though you don't see.
I'm right by your side each night and day
and within your heart I long to stay.

My body is gone but I'm always near.
I'm everything you feel, see or hear.
My spirit is free, but I'll never depart
as long as you keep me alive in your heart.

I'll never wander out of your sight-
I'm the brightest star on a summer night.
I'll never be beyond your reach-
I'm the warm moist sand when you're at the beach.

I'm the colorful leaves when fall comes around
and the pure white snow that blankets the ground.
I'm the beautiful flowers of which you're so fond,
The clear cool water in a quiet pond.

I'm the first bright blossom you'll see in the spring,
The first warm raindrop that April will bring.
I'm the first ray of light when the sun starts to shine,
and you'll see that the face in the moon is mine.

When you start thinking there's no one to love you,
you can talk to me through the Lord above you.
I'll whisper my answer through the leaves on the trees,
and you'll feel my presence in the soft summer breeze.

I'm the hot salty tears that flow when you weep
and the beautiful dreams that come while you sleep.
I'm the smile you see on a baby's face.
Just look for me, friend, I'm everyplace!
Wookie Woo
First Name: Helen
Dog #1: Wookie
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 01 Sep 2009

Post by Wookie Woo »

I knew I shouldn't read it but guess what..... yep I did & now I can hardly see what I'm trying to type.
So sweet xx
Helen & Gary - owners of "Wookie" (since 11.6.2011)  born 1.9.2009 (Mini Schnauzer)
Previously owned Lucy our lovely cocker spaniel.
http://www.happydogwalksandpetcare.co.uk/
nickycaplan

Post by nickycaplan »

I am reading a really harsh book at the moment by MO Hyder - shes a crime writer, and in a section she writes about the family dog dying - I was absolutely gutted that the dog died! more so than finding out whose 'dunnit' - I am such a musch when it comes to that, and I still cant read the poem my son wrote when our ole dog jetson was pts!
schnauzer lover...dog artist www.nickycaplan.com
dannie_kl

Post by dannie_kl »

oh bless you nicky! :x