Fundraising - how best do we think?

BeeBee
First Name: Janetta

Fundraising - how best do we think?

Post by BeeBee »

Ok, so the idea of Schnauzerfest is off the ground, we have Donald stepping up and getting Scotland sorted with walks, others feel free to get them listed and discussed now......

But we need to decide how we do the main fundraising part of the weekend - I am hoping we will all pool efforts and ideas and do different things on the actual walks themselves, eg, sell cakes, collect items for sending to DBARC, perhaps a raffle, but I think there should be a main contribution fee for each walk that is made to the fund here. Clearly less organisation and bureaucracy is always appealing, so there will be an online equivalent approach I suggest to an "honesty box". I don't suggest we get bogged down in registrations, lists etc.

But, what do we feel will work best? Thinking aloud here, it could be that people attend a walk and make a donation to the coordinator of each walk, we could set that amount, it might make a good way of keeping a record of how many people attend over the weekend. The coordinator then takes responsibility for sending that money to the online fund here post-walk. I do take a trusting approach here, am I naïve, or can we all be trusted? :D

And/or we could make online payments straight into the fund here and state which walk we're attending - again, I'm not suggesting attendance records are ticked off and checked, I favour the honesty box approach.

What do we all think will work?
Jasmine (RIP) Renae b.01.11.10, sister to Susie-Belle (RIP), Twinkle (RIP), Cerise & Albert Claude puppy farm rescues, my muses
Creator of Schnauzerfest a good thing made possible by 1000s of good people & dogs
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Susie-Be ... 0289434936
http://www.janettaharvey.com/
Donald
First Name: Donald
Dog #1: Chester
is a: Black Giant Dog
Born: 01 Mar 2012

Re: Fundraising - how best do we think?

Post by Donald »

I'd say donations to a designated person at each walk.
Eddie
First Name: Graham

Post by Eddie »

As a charity, would DBARC be able to organise those plastic donation things (that low lifes steal from shops). They could be used on the walks and people on the way might even donate.
Graham, Judie, Eddie (19-03-07 to 25-07-12), Mouse, Daisy and little Reilly. Image
Donald
First Name: Donald
Dog #1: Chester
is a: Black Giant Dog
Born: 01 Mar 2012

Post by Donald »

That's a thought Graham!

And tax reclaim forms too so DBARC can get more.
jacdales
First Name: Jackie
Dog #1: Hamish
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 28 May 2013
Dog #2: Suzi
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 13 Jun 2017
Dog #3: mahri
Born: 20 May 2006

Post by jacdales »

I would vote for turn up at the walk and pay the organiser.

I had a bit of a thought for a fund raiser ''a bring wot you burn'' bbq I will open my garden fire up my bbq provide tea and coffee and salad bits and sauces. guests bring what ever meat they choose to eat and cook it on the bbq I will ask my brother if he will man the bbq for me it the idea gets of the ground. The garden is fenced but could not be called dog proof. MY a'dales and welsh would be in the day kennel so they will bark. Hamish will be free to join the party I would add that my place is not very child friendly as I have never lived with children Every one could make a donation for the charity. perhaps people in other areas could do the same it could be something for people who can not take part in the dog walks. There is a bit of a walk near me but it would involve some country road walk to get to it but then I walk mine that way all the time.
BeeBee
First Name: Janetta

Post by BeeBee »

Great idea Jackie. I wonder if your BBQ offer could coincide with a walk near you that is taking place, so people could do the walk, then head over to yours for the BBQ - thinking October the weather might be dodgy though?
Jasmine (RIP) Renae b.01.11.10, sister to Susie-Belle (RIP), Twinkle (RIP), Cerise & Albert Claude puppy farm rescues, my muses
Creator of Schnauzerfest a good thing made possible by 1000s of good people & dogs
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Susie-Be ... 0289434936
http://www.janettaharvey.com/
jacdales
First Name: Jackie
Dog #1: Hamish
Born: 28 May 2013
Dog #2: Suzi
Born: 13 Jun 2017
Dog #3: mahri
Born: 20 May 2006

Post by jacdales »

I had thought of that I'm about 20 ish miles from ferry meadows and st ives and huntingdon I'm on the A141 so easy to get to I have a big garage if it rains we can all congregate in there I also have a log cabin . I have had an xmas day bbq which was good fun two log burners to stand around so nobody got to cold If there are enough people interested I would be happy to do it and for a small fee for charity of course I might provide a little light entertainment in the form of ''strictly or not'' ;O)
wifeofjp
First Name: Louise
Dog #1: Wilf
Born: 09 Jul 2013
Dog #2: Olive
Born: 30 Apr 2015

Post by wifeofjp »

Hi - am thinking will try to run a raffle at the Sandbanks walk - am going to contact some local pet shops/suppliers to see if they're donate prizes. Could be worth seeing if any of the larger brands would be up for sponsoring/donating prizes. Was thinking Pets@Home, Mountain Warehouse etc (my shopping habits have changed so much since getting Wilf). Does anyone have any experience of dealing with such companies to get donations etc? Would be good to hear of experiences and tips before approaching them.
https://www.facebook.com/misterpicklesthedog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nika C
First Name: danika
Born: 0- 1- 0

Post by Nika C »

I have got donations from P@H before, my top tips for donation hunting/begging are:
1) always have a letter ready to hand over that includes the charity you are supporting and their registered charity number (makes it easy for them to do the tax write off!)
2) go to your targets in person, it's much harder to say no to someone who's stood in front of you than it is to ignore a posted letter.
3) make sure you tell them how they will be credited for their donation. Ultimately companies donate for the good PR so will want to know how people will know where their prize came from.

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk