House Training

The Giant Schnauzer is an example of working breed of dog and has a dense, coarse coat that protects them against the elements and vermin. The Giant Schnauzer is the largest of the three breeds.
Forum rules
Please feel free to post here if your topic does not fit into one of the categories under 'Caring for your Schnauzer'. There are sections for breeding, feeding, grooming, showing and many more that may be more appropriate than this generic section
superoo
First Name: Melanie

House Training

Post by superoo »

I have a new 4 month old puppy and he's doing so well with his toilet training...hasn't been in his crate at all and sleeps through the night until 7am.
I watch his every move during the day and most of the time he goes to the kitchen door like he wants to go out so I say "go out" and off he goes to wee. I always praise him.
Only thing is, I was wondering if he should wee as much as he does....is it normal to wee and then 10 mins later wee again and so on. I'm exhausted watching him...ha ha.
I'm not talking a little bit either....he wees loads!!!!!
Morgana99
First Name: Alison
Dog #1: Alfie
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 12 Dec 2007
Dog #2: Duke
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 12 Dec 2007

Re: House Training

Post by Morgana99 »

What a clever boy ^:)^ . I wish ours would sleep in sometimes :( .
What is your pup's name?
I don't think you need to worry about volume, hopefully it also means he is drinking enough too. Dogs, especially males, get stimulated to wee, based on the sniffs they indulge in as they potter around, as well as marking their territory, so it sounds quite normal. I'm not sure about a puppy as young as yours, but as male dogs get older they do like to mark quite frequently and sometimes they seem to go through the motions even without producing any fluid :))
Horace, Bearded Collie X, rescued 1984, left us 1993, aged 15 approx
Eric, Bearded Collie, left us 2002, aged 15.5
Elsie (Vowchurch Belinda Black), Beardie, rescued 1988, left us 2000, aged 13.5
Monty, Patterdale Terrier X, rescued 2003, left us 2012, aged 12 approx
Always in our hearts