Preparing for a long flight

Our members organise Schnauzer walks and Schnauzer Events all over the country and you will find all the details here. Join in and make some new friends for you and your Schnauzer. Feel free to share your travel tips here too.
Aylin
First Name: Aylin
Dog #1: Daisy
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 23 Sep 2013

Re: Preparing for a long flight

Post by Aylin »

Caramomo wrote:Gosh, you've done well, that is cheap!
You think so? It looks a lot to me, but hey, money can be made... At least this is my excuse for that huge expense, especially when everyone is telling me I am crazy to spend so much money on animals. People suggest that I should just leave them here and get new pets back in EU :-o
Caramomo wrote: I'm guessing that your other dog is also small, Molly our mongrel cost double the cost of a mini!
Yes, he is small, Daisy is a bit taller than him, but he is fat/heavy :D The compound weight of all 4 animals is about 55 pounds
Caramomo
Site Admin
First Name: Elaine
Dog #1: Cara
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 05 Dec 2006
Dog #2: Momo
Born: 14 Aug 2009
Dog #3: Molly
Born: 01 Aug 2010

Post by Caramomo »

Don't get me wrong, that's a lot of money and I've had exactly the same comments from people but my dogs, like your pets and all the others on this forum, are family. I wouldn't leave the OH behind and get a new one here because it's cheaper than the flights so why would I do it for one of my girls? We take these animals on for their lives, regardless of where we go and their love is worth every penny.

I'm currently living away from the OH and my girls and I miss them like crazy. I would have them over in a shot if it weren't so impractical, the money side isn't so much of an issue as their company, love and friendship is worth the air fare. I'm sure you feel the same.

To avoid the comments of others (they do irritate me - it's my money, my life and my animals so none of their business as to my reasons) I just respond with 'a lot' or 'enough' when people ask how much it cost to bring them over.
Cara and Mo, two black mini's and Molly a black & white Heinz 57 all served by Elaine, the cook, poop picker, and chief toy thrower.
I live by the Mini Schnauzer code; when in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!
Dawnspell
First Name: Alison
Dog #1: Barney RIP 8/3/19
is a: White Mini Dog
Born: 06 Feb 2013
Dog #2: Jasper
Born: 25 Apr 2019

Post by Dawnspell »

Caramomo wrote:
To avoid the comments of others (they do irritate me - it's my money, my life and my animals so none of their business as to my reasons) I just respond with 'a lot' or 'enough' when people ask how much it cost to bring them over.
And its normally the ones that have never had a dog but spend vast fortunes on materialistic items to look at or try to impress others :))
Our first family dog
Barney - Pocketpark Biali Eyebright 6/2/13 - 8/3/19 Gone too soon
Motto for owners who groom their own Schnauzers -"Never mind it'll soon grow back"
Susan H
First Name: Susan
Dog #1: Dorothy
is a: B/S Mini Bitch
Born: 13 Sep 2012

Post by Susan H »

How can anyone possibly comment ...... It's your money and you spend it how you want. You love your girlies so in my mind it's money well spent, I would do exactly the same if I had to be sent overseas en famile which would obviously include dog/cat and then when we came came home again we would bear the cost of bringing them all back :)
Toby, Standard Poodle 1983 - 1999, Bertie, Cocker Spaniel 1999 - 2012, Dorothy BS Mini Schnauzer Sept 2012
Caramomo
Site Admin
First Name: Elaine
Dog #1: Cara
Born: 05 Dec 2006
Dog #2: Momo
Born: 14 Aug 2009
Dog #3: Molly
Born: 01 Aug 2010

Post by Caramomo »

Dawnspell wrote:
Caramomo wrote:
And its normally the ones that have never had a dog but spend vast fortunes on materialistic items to look at or try to impress others :))
Ain't that the truth!
Susan H wrote:How can anyone possibly comment ...... It's your money and you spend it how you want. You love your girlies so in my mind it's money well spent, I would do exactly the same if I had to be sent overseas en famile which would obviously include dog/cat and then when we came came home again we would bear the cost of bringing them all back :)
I know, it's none of their business how much I choose to spend on my girls but I've had several remarks along the lines of "how much? On a dog? Wouldn't it be cheaper just to get another one when you arrived?" That is normally the point I have to restrain myself or they'd end up with discolouration around the eye and I'd be up on an assault charge and those kind of people are not worth getting a record for!
Cara and Mo, two black mini's and Molly a black & white Heinz 57 all served by Elaine, the cook, poop picker, and chief toy thrower.
I live by the Mini Schnauzer code; when in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!
Aylin

Post by Aylin »

Hiiiiiii :ymhug:

We made it! :-bd

Thank you for all the support!
BeeBee
First Name: Janetta

Post by BeeBee »

A relief I'm sure for you all :)
Where are you now in the UK - you could join schnauzer walks if you fancy them, and next weekend, there's loads all over for Schnauzerfest :D
Jasmine (RIP) Renae b.01.11.10, sister to Susie-Belle (RIP), Twinkle (RIP), Cerise & Albert Claude puppy farm rescues, my muses
Creator of Schnauzerfest a good thing made possible by 1000s of good people & dogs
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Susie-Be ... 0289434936
http://www.janettaharvey.com/
Dawnspell
First Name: Alison
Dog #1: Barney RIP 8/3/19
Born: 06 Feb 2013
Dog #2: Jasper
Born: 25 Apr 2019

Post by Dawnspell »

Just posted on your other thread asking if you made it ok :)) Bet its a bit wetter and colder up there :-o
Our first family dog
Barney - Pocketpark Biali Eyebright 6/2/13 - 8/3/19 Gone too soon
Motto for owners who groom their own Schnauzers -"Never mind it'll soon grow back"
Aylin

Post by Aylin »

I would love to join the walks BeeBee. Would be great to meet many more Daisies :) Where do I go to sign in or check the dates and places? I am in East Yorkshire.

It's quite fine actually, Downspell. We are used to the rain, it's not drier in the jungle lol. As for the cold, yes a bit unusual and Daisy is shivering when it gets a bit chilly, but we'll get used to it.

Here is a picture of her all wrapped up that I just took yesterday:

https://plus.google.com/photos/11790585 ... 3592442787" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Maty
First Name: Kate
Dog #1: Isaura Lucidus
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 10 Aug 2011
Dog #2: Darksprite Finn Mac
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 17 Mar 2013

Post by Maty »

Link to Schnauzerfest: https://www.facebook.com/Schnauzerfest2014" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Maty

Rodders the Mini Pup, born 10/08/11, came home on 09/10/11
Creggan the Mini Pup, born 17/03/13, came home on 01/06/13

Proud of my Scottish Heritage
Aylin

Post by Aylin »

Thanks Maty :ymhug: