Hello!

Please feel free to introduce yourself and your Schnauzer to the rest of the members of the forum. A photo of your Schnauzer is always appreciated.

Moderators: GaryThomlinson, zeta1454, Dawnspell

Forum rules
Please do not post questions regarding your dog here. This area allows people to introduce themselves and get to know other members of the forum. Any specific issues can be raised in the appropriate section.
amyandbarry
Puppy

Hello!

Post by amyandbarry »

My name is Amy and we have decided on getting a miniature so we are trying to arm ourselves with as much knowledge as possible,
(well I am barry is fed up with my constant dog chatter) :)
I had a Yorkshire Terrier growing up but this will be my first proper pet that I have had.
Schnauzers are just totally adorable and they all seem to be great little characters, we have had much debate about what breed
to get we have just fallen in love with the mini!!
We have two children aged 2 and 6 Georgia is my youngest shes adorable and always smiling, Craig is our eldest, he was diagnosed
with Autism last summer which was hard on all of us but it doesn't hold him back, infact he is top of his class! He is so clever but he
just has a bit to catch up on the social side of things but he has some good friends in school now and is fitting in well with help and social
skills classes!
The children both love dogs and I love all animals, If I won the lottery I would get a horse aswell. :)
So we are a pretty average family looking to extend our happy household! We are still saving up though to secure the garden and
make sure we have got plenty of dough in the bank for our new arrival!
I am going to have to try so hard not to baby this puppy so you might have to all remind me to chill out once in a while.
(Have been tempted to buy toys already, talk about putting cart before horse) (giggle)

Thats enough rambling now. I'd better go and make myself a cup of tea before I go on any more.

Amy, Barry, Craig and Georgia. xxxx
Champ629
First Name: Karen

Re: Hello!

Post by Champ629 »

Hello and welcome (waving)

We have Jake a P&S miniature schnauzer who was 2 years of age yesterday, he is such a great little dog with a fantastic character, he is very spoilt and loved dearly.

Looking forward to hearing all about your search for a pup and hope you enjoy the forum.

By the way, getting a miniature schnauzer was the best decision we have ever made (dogsmile)
Miniature Schnauzers: Sophie, Freddie and Dory

RIP Cody 17/02/23
RIP Jake 29/10/21
RIP Jenny 28/01/20
RIP Dee Dee 12/02/13
Pottydottie

Post by Pottydottie »

Hello and great big Welcome to you all.

I have had loads of different dogs but the Schnauzer has totaly stolen my Heart.

I have 3 mini's Molly 4 Gemma 2 and little Dotty 9 months.

Great dogs when you get one You will wonder why you never had one in the first place.

Please feel free to ask any question you like as there is always somewone here who can answear them.

looking forward to hearing about your seach for a mini.
Molly (17/6/2005 - 11/9/2016) the 3 Essex girls Gemma, Dottie and Daisy Mae
amyandbarry
Puppy

Post by amyandbarry »

Thanks for the welcome! It will be some months probably before we have got everything sorted,
but when we do you will all be the first to know no doubt.

I am looking through the photos of your dogs they all look gorgeous! I am loving the before and after grooming ones. (camera)
schnauzer
First Name: Christine
Dog #1: Suzi (RIP) 13/4/17
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 15 May 2004
Dog #2: Gino/Siglette Shadow
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 09 May 2017

Post by schnauzer »

Hi and welcome to the forum. I have Suzi who is a Pepper & Salt Miniature, she will be 5yrs old in May & we just love her to bits, I waited a long time for her and just wish that I had got her a long time before now. Like you I had a Yorkshire Terrier while at home, but although she went everywhere with me felt she was not really mine, more my stepfather's. She was a great dog and I loved her a lot but I would say that my Suzi is quite a character she gives us so much laughs
We don't have any children but have heard that they are great with kids, and I am sure it will be when its brought up with children - I am sure that others on the forum will be able to give you their experience.

Let us know what you get and I am sure you will enjoy when you get your puppy (dogrun)
Christine & Gino (Siglette Shadow (born 9/5/17 ---

Suzi (15/5/04---13/4/17) (Sugarbabe) RIP loved you to the moon & back, miss you so so much precious girl
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

Hi there

You wont be dissappointed schnauzers are a lovely breed whatever size we have 4 standards and are awaiting our first little mini girl Charlie in 6 weeks time

Will look forward to hearing all about your littlie when you get them [bone]
Darwinsmum

Post by Darwinsmum »

Hi and welcome from me and Darwin a nearly 3yr old p&s mini, they are fantastic dogs with lots of spirit.
Darwin and Mia 2 heatbeats at my feet
A life without dogs - I don't think so!
www.lincsdogtraining.co.uk
miniforme
First Name: Lisa

Post by miniforme »

Welcome to the forum, (wave)
ImageBig dogs in little packages
amyandbarry
Puppy

Post by amyandbarry »

Thanks for the welcomes everyone!
Maggie May

Post by Maggie May »

Hi, I'm sure you won't ever regret your choice of dog and I think animals enrich kids childhoods so much, they really help unlock emotions, it's great to see them caring for each other. This has been our first experience of having a puppy with children as our previous dogs came before the kids. The only problem we have experienced is teaching the kids how to respond to wayward bites mean't in play because our 9 week old Giant pup gets so excited around the kids. Of course the up side of this is that puppies and kids just 'go' together and make great playmates.

Jules
X
'I want to be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.'
amyandbarry
Puppy

Post by amyandbarry »

I loved all my pets and I would love my kids to have all the lovely memories that I have of the cats and dogs from my childhood, not just our own dogs but those of other family members aswell. We had a much loved Yorkshire terrier named Mindy and she was adorable but my
mum let her think she owned the house!! She was so possesive of my Mum and wouldn't let anyone near her! My mum babied her far too much I think and although she was trained in the way that she could do a lot of tricks, she wasn't really disciplined as she should have been I don't think! Despite all the nips and snaps we recieved, she was a joy to have and all the family really miss her. I was heavily pregnant with my first child when I got the news she had died, I was in work in the shop I worked at and bumped into my sister, (they all hid the news from me that Mindy had passed worried that I would go into early labour I think!) She slipped up when I asked her "So what have you been up to this weekend?" She said "Oh, we have found a nice ornamental stone for the dogs grave, its lovely etc etc"
I almost passed out!! I was so devastated and had to take the rest of the week off. :(

Mum has got a 3yr old Jack Russell now named Peggy and all the kids adore her she is a beautiful dog, we all get licked to death when we go to Mums and she is a joy!

Sorry to go on a ramble! I can't wait for us to have a dog in the house it will seem like our family is completed then!

Amy xx