Rash on Mini Schnauzer

Looking after the health and welfare of your Schnauzer can be a full time job. You will find information on neutering, spaying, vaccinations, vet visits, upset tummies, Schnauzer bumps and much more here. Ask a question and someone will have had a similar experience. We also appreciate updates on how your Schnauzer is recuperating. A separate section is dedicated to our older Schnauzers.
Violet Turner
Puppy
First Name: Violet
Dog #1: Olive
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 13 Jul 2015
Dog #2: Doris
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 10 Jan 2018

Rash on Mini Schnauzer

Post by Violet Turner » 31 May 2018, 10:21

Hi, im looking for advice on my 4 month old black and chocolate Miniature Schnauzer.
Around her vulva is a red and brown blistered rash. The skin arround Doris´ vulava overlaps some of her vulva but about 0.5-1cm.
I would like to know what this is and even though i clean arround her vulva and dry it it still seems to be there.
Has anyone else had this problem with their Schanuzer? What could it be? Any comments welcome. Violet :)

zeta1454
First Name: Leigh
Dog #1: Magic
Born: 20 Apr 2010
Dog #2: Trilby
Born: 15 Mar 2012
Dog #3: Pip
Born: 21 Feb 2014

Re: Rash on Mini Schnauzer

Post by zeta1454 » 31 May 2018, 12:35

Hi Violet, you really need to take Doris to the vet for a professional diagnosis for something like this. Any rash, blisters etc. will need treating but only a vet is going to be able to give you an assessment after examine Doris. If you have a professional diagnosis, Forum members may be able to offer shared experiences on the issue, but it would be potentially damaging to Doris's welfare to try and guess what the problem may be.
Do get her checked by a vet and let us know how she gets on :-)
http://www.darksprite.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.lifeinthedoghouse.blogspot.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Magic - Silversocks Sharade at Darksprite
Trilby - Darksprite Rosa Bud

Robin black mini
First Name: Jo
Dog #1: Robin
Born: 13 Dec 2014
Dog #2: Stanley st poodle
Born: 24 Nov 2012

Post by Robin black mini » 31 May 2018, 13:40

I agree that a vet visit is in order...it does sound like your pup has an inverted vulva..this can self rectify if she is allowed to go through a season and wait to spay afterwards.
the skin folds cause urine scald in the sensitive area..you should keep the area clean, free from hair,and use a gentle moisturizing cream suitable for this intimate area.this article is very informative...she recommends baby wipes after every wee..plus the vet may need to prescribe a low dose antibiotic ,so definitely go for a vet check.
http://www.woodhavenlabs.com/ins-outs.html

Violet Turner
Puppy

Post by Violet Turner » 31 May 2018, 14:05

Robin black mini wrote:
31 May 2018, 13:40
I agree that a vet visit is in order...it does sound like your pup has an inverted vulva..this can self rectify if she is allowed to go through a season and wait to spay afterwards.
the skin folds cause urine scald in the sensitive area..you should keep the area clean, free from hair,and use a gentle moisturizing cream suitable for this intimate area.this article is very informative...she recommends baby wipes after every wee..plus the vet may need to prescribe a low dose antibiotic ,so definitely go for a vet check.
http://www.woodhavenlabs.com/ins-outs.html

Thank you for the comments i will take her to the vets soon. in June she has an appointment could i wait until then?

Robin black mini
First Name: Jo
Dog #1: Robin
Born: 13 Dec 2014
Dog #2: Stanley st poodle
Born: 24 Nov 2012

Post by Robin black mini » 01 Jun 2018, 10:36

If she has blistering in this delicate area ,she has to be uncomfortable...id say go sooner rather than later.

Violet Turner
Puppy

Post by Violet Turner » 01 Jun 2018, 17:34

Robin black mini wrote:
01 Jun 2018, 10:36
If she has blistering in this delicate area ,she has to be uncomfortable...id say go sooner rather than later.
Thanks will do :)