Clever boy Jasper

The Miniature Schnauzer is a smallest dog in the Schnauzer breed and originated in the mid-to-late 19th Century from Germany. The Miniature Schnauzer is a cross between the Standard Schnauzer and other smaller breeds such as the Poodle. A miniature Schnauzer is a spunky, but aloof dog who does things their own way. They tend to be good guard dogs without the tendency to bite.
Forum rules
Please feel free to post here if your topic does not fit into one of the categories under 'Caring for your Schnauzer'. There are sections for breeding, feeding, grooming, showing and many more that may be more appropriate than this generic section
Dawnspell
First Name: Alison
Dog #1: Barney RIP 8/3/19
is a: White Mini Dog
Born: 06 Feb 2013
Dog #2: Jasper
Born: 25 Apr 2019

Clever boy Jasper

Post by Dawnspell » 02 Sep 2019, 11:36

Jasper always has to be busy when hes awake, which I've read is a sign of intelligence. Hes proved it to be so with a few things like working out how to unzip his crate not just a one off fluke, remembering where the sweetest blackberries are :)), knowing some of his toys by name.

This morning he has excelled himself. He was laid having a snooze on the sofa and I was in the adjoining office working. OH had been in the kitchen on the phone. A phone started making the wailing sound when it hasn't been disconnected. I thought it was OH that hadn't turned it off. I was just about to get up to sort it out when Jasper came in full of purpose and put his paws on my leg. I went to give him a stoke but he got down straight away as though wanting me to follow him. I did and he went to the sofa and put his front paws up on the seat to show me another house phone, which happened to be the one making the noise. He must have moved and set it off himself and came to tell me.

I gave him lots of treats and told him what a good boy. He was so pleased with himself as though saying "Did I do well Mum?" :D
Our first family dog
Barney - Pocketpark Biali Eyebright 6/2/13 - 8/3/19 Gone too soon
Motto for owners who groom their own Schnauzers -"Never mind it'll soon grow back"

redalert
First Name: Sue
Dog #1: Fizz
is a: Black Std Bitch
Born: 09 Jan 2010
Dog #2: Bo
is a: Black Std Bitch
Born: 16 Jan 2012

Re: Clever boy Jasper

Post by redalert » 02 Sep 2019, 14:05

Oh bless him, your going to have your work cut out with him - there will be no fooling him :-bd

zeta1454
First Name: Leigh
Dog #1: Magic
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 20 Apr 2010
Dog #2: Trilby
Born: 15 Mar 2012
Dog #3: Pip
Born: 21 Feb 2014

Post by zeta1454 » 02 Sep 2019, 15:15

That is so clever :o3 :-bd :)
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Magic - Silversocks Sharade at Darksprite
Trilby - Darksprite Rosa Bud

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/C ... 916994967/

Lindalex2
Puppy
First Name: Linda

Post by Lindalex2 » 03 Sep 2019, 20:10

Wow that’s rather good, bravo Jasper 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻

Schnauzer Sam
First Name: Sam
Dog #1: Rosie
Born: 06 Jul 2017
Dog #2: Edie
Born: 11 Jun 2018

Post by Schnauzer Sam » 04 Sep 2019, 20:32

He's such a good pup. How are the classes progressing?
Country Girl at Heart (Molly) 8 April 2003 - 22 December 2018

You're never alone when you own a schnauzer

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Rosie-and-E ... 872588622/

Dawnspell
First Name: Alison
Dog #1: Barney RIP 8/3/19
Born: 06 Feb 2013
Dog #2: Jasper
Born: 25 Apr 2019

Post by Dawnspell » 05 Sep 2019, 12:00

Schnauzer Sam wrote:
04 Sep 2019, 20:32
He's such a good pup. How are the classes progressing?
He's doing well and seems to be enjoying it, although the last 15 mins are hard work he gets very bitey and excited. I think he just gets overtired. I like this trainer not had her before she has you doing allsorts like doing some of the lesson giving commands sat on a chair, tunnels, standing on boxes, walking with a buggy, brings her collies in that are different ages for demonstrations, and just had lots of general comments about training. I'm hoping she does the next stage class after puppy.
Our first family dog
Barney - Pocketpark Biali Eyebright 6/2/13 - 8/3/19 Gone too soon
Motto for owners who groom their own Schnauzers -"Never mind it'll soon grow back"