Hello

Please feel free to introduce yourself and your Schnauzer to the rest of the members of the forum. A photo of your Schnauzer is always appreciated.

Moderators: Dawnspell, GaryThomlinson, zeta1454

Forum rules
Please do not post questions regarding your dog here. This area allows people to introduce themselves and get to know other members of the forum. Any specific issues can be raised in the appropriate section.
Eric+Lolas_mummy
First Name: Birgit

Hello

Post by Eric+Lolas_mummy » 23 Oct 2019, 15:43

Hi everyone
I have two Mini Schnauzers. Eric who is a very handsome 5 year old Pepper and Salt boy and our new arrival Lola-Belle who is only 10 weeks old. She is white and absolutely adorable.
I think Eric keeps hoping she will leave soon, he has turned into a bit of a grumpy boy. Lola-Belle adores him and follows him everywhere much to his dismay :-j I’m hoping he will settle soon :ympray:

zeta1454
First Name: Leigh
Dog #1: Magic
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 20 Apr 2010
Dog #2: Trilby
Born: 15 Mar 2012
Dog #3: Pip
Born: 21 Feb 2014

Re: Hello

Post by zeta1454 » 23 Oct 2019, 17:28

Hello Birgit and welcome to the Forum :-)

Eric and Lola-Belle look lovely - I especially like the last photo of the two together (with plenty of personal space between them :)) )

I am sure that Eric will soon find that his little sister can be a fun companion. It is often difficult initially as a mature dog adjusts to having a new baby brother or sister and maybe missing being the centre of attention as a puppy demands so much time. Make sure that Eric doesn't feel left out of activities, give him some special time with you when Lola-Belle is asleep or in her playpen, and always let him have somewhere to escape if she is becoming too persistent in following him around :)

This was how one of our mini schnauzers found a place to escape from puppies =))

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Magic - Silversocks Sharade at Darksprite
Trilby - Darksprite Rosa Bud

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/C ... 916994967/

Oscar 12345
First Name: Julie
Dog #1: Oscar RIP Sweety
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 21 Dec 2002
Dog #2: Otto
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 04 Jul 2017

Post by Oscar 12345 » 23 Oct 2019, 18:03

Aw Birgit, just adorable and that last photo just sums it up. I think the caption could read "I think she's still here Mum". :D
Man cannot survive with wine alone...
we also need a schnauzer.

Eric+Lolas_mummy

Post by Eric+Lolas_mummy » 23 Oct 2019, 19:16

zeta1454 wrote:
23 Oct 2019, 17:28
Hello Birgit and welcome to the Forum :-)

Eric and Lola-Belle look lovely - I especially like the last photo of the two together (with plenty of personal space between them :)) )

I am sure that Eric will soon find that his little sister can be a fun companion. It is often difficult initially as a mature dog adjusts to having a new baby brother or sister and maybe missing being the centre of attention as a puppy demands so much time. Make sure that Eric doesn't feel left out of activities, give him some special time with you when Lola-Belle is asleep or in her playpen, and always let him have somewhere to escape if she is becoming too persistent in following him around :)

This was how one of our mini schnauzers found a place to escape from puppies =))

Thank you 😊 I have been trying to pay lots of attention to Eric as I’m worried he may be jealous. At the moment our walks are still all about him as her vaccinations course isn’t completed so she is in a carrier. Eric loves a nice fast walk.
Love your photo, Eric jumps up on the sofa as she can’t make it up yet :-bd

Eric+Lolas_mummy

Post by Eric+Lolas_mummy » 23 Oct 2019, 19:19

Oscar 12345 wrote:
23 Oct 2019, 18:03
Aw Birgit, just adorable and that last photo just sums it up. I think the caption could read "I think she's still here Mum". :D
Yes that what I thought :D His face says it all, whereas she is completely oblivious :))

mikegoodson1
First Name: Mike
Dog #1: Oscar
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 17 Oct 2015
Dog #2: Sasha
is a: B/S Mini Bitch
Born: 23 Sep 2017

Post by mikegoodson1 » 24 Oct 2019, 13:59

Birgit,

What a couple of lovely Schnauzers you have there, Lola-Belle is a real cutie. I think that's the 3rd white mini puppy we have had here on the forum in around 6 months, too much cuteness - I'm really trying to get my wife to agree to a 3rd mini and with that one being white too! :)

Anyway, I have two and we introduced Sasha when Oscar was just over two years old and I can feel your pain/apprehension but I promise, it does ease off. Eventually Eric will realise that Lola-Belle isn't going anywhere and he will learn to love her. Just be mindful not to leave them alone together when she is so small and new to your family and continue to make a fuss of Eric but it sounds like you have it all sussed anyway.

They will be fine, I'm sure of it. With our two, when Sasha was small, she followed Oscar everywhere, like a little shadow, in fact, she is still a little like that now :D

All the best
Mike

Eric+Lolas_mummy

Post by Eric+Lolas_mummy » 24 Oct 2019, 20:58

mikegoodson1 wrote:
24 Oct 2019, 13:59
Birgit,

What a couple of lovely Schnauzers you have there, Lola-Belle is a real cutie. I think that's the 3rd white mini puppy we have had here on the forum in around 6 months, too much cuteness - I'm really trying to get my wife to agree to a 3rd mini and with that one being white too! :)

Anyway, I have two and we introduced Sasha when Oscar was just over two years old and I can feel your pain/apprehension but I promise, it does ease off. Eventually Eric will realise that Lola-Belle isn't going anywhere and he will learn to love her. Just be mindful not to leave them alone together when she is so small and new to your family and continue to make a fuss of Eric but it sounds like you have it all sussed anyway.

They will be fine, I'm sure of it. With our two, when Sasha was small, she followed Oscar everywhere, like a little shadow, in fact, she is still a little like that now :D

All the best
Mike
Thank you so much Mike. I did worry a bit that we had left it too long to introduce a puppy with Eric being 5 years old. I had wanted one when he was about 3 but it just didn’t work out then. I’m building up leaving the house and have left her a maximum of about 40 min so far. She is very settled and normally asleep when I get back. She is in a playpen so they are not left unattended yet. I’m looking forward to her finishing her course of vaccinations so we can have some walks out. Although Lola does seem to enjoy it in her bag just watching the world go by and regularly checking where Eric is :))
I love all Schnauzers regardless of size or colour but I do think there is something quite special about white ones.

Birgit :-h

BeeBee
First Name: Janetta

Post by BeeBee » 28 Oct 2019, 13:23

Lovely photos and what a great name Lola-Belle is, love it.
Jasmine (RIP) Renae b.01.11.10, sister to Susie-Belle (RIP), Twinkle (RIP), Cerise & Albert Claude puppy farm rescues, my muses
Creator of Schnauzerfest a good thing made possible by 1000s of good people & dogs
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Susie-Be ... 0289434936
http://www.janettaharvey.com/

schnauzer
First Name: Christine
Dog #1: Suzi (RIP) 13/4/17
Born: 15 May 2004
Dog #2: Gino/Siglette Shadow
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 09 May 2017

Post by schnauzer » 29 Oct 2019, 09:17

Welcome to the forum, loved the photos of your gorgeous Schnauzers.
Christine & Gino (Siglette Shadow (born 9/5/17 -

Suzi (15/5/04---13/4/17) (Sugarbabe) RIP loved you to the moon & back, miss you so so much precious girl

https://www.dogfriendlybritain.co.uk/wetnosesociety