Breeder recommendations

The Miniature Schnauzer is a smallest dog in the Schnauzer breed and originated in the mid-to-late 19th Century from Germany. The Miniature Schnauzer is a cross between the Standard Schnauzer and other smaller breeds such as the Poodle. A miniature Schnauzer is a spunky, but aloof dog who does things their own way. They tend to be good guard dogs without the tendency to bite.
Forum rules
Please feel free to post here if your topic does not fit into one of the categories under 'Caring for your Schnauzer'. There are sections for breeding, feeding, grooming, showing and many more that may be more appropriate than this generic section
sbsmiths
Puppy
First Name: Jane
Dog #1: Gregory
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 17 Jul 2006
Dog #2: Alfie
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 0- 0-2006

Breeder recommendations

Post by sbsmiths » 09 May 2020, 13:36

Could I ask for breeder recommendations in the East Midlands. I know good breeders have waiting lists and we expect to wait until next year. I’ve looked on KC and Champdogs but that doesn’t really help. recommendations are preferable. We have an elderly mini and would like another before the inevitable happens. We’ve tried the rescue route without success although had one in the past.

Also, would you prefer to buy from a breeder who breeds multiple breeds or from a dedicated schnauzer breeder? Thank you all ☺️

zeta1454
First Name: Leigh
Dog #1: Magic
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 20 Apr 2010
Dog #2: Trilby
Born: 15 Mar 2012
Dog #3: Pip
Born: 21 Feb 2014

Re: Breeder recommendations

Post by zeta1454 » 09 May 2020, 14:24

Hi Jane - just to let you know that all recommendations must be by email or private message as breeders cannot be discussed by name on the open Forum. I will send you a PM myself too.

As regards buying from a breeder who breeds many different breeds, I would be very cautious about this. Some people do have a couple of different breeds that they are knowledgeable about and are able to provide in depth support to new puppy families from their experience but if there are a range of breeds on offer this sounds suspect. You do really want a breeder that is passionate about the breed, raising puppies to the highest standards, and able to pass on advice and knowledge to the families who will be having one of their pups and this is more likely with a dedicated miniature schnauzer breeder.
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Magic - Silversocks Sharade at Darksprite
Trilby - Darksprite Rosa Bud

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/C ... 916994967/