Miniature Schnauzer London/Surrey

Information on finding your puppy, the Assured Breeders Scheme, the Kennel Club and issues relating to breeding your Schnauzer are dealt with in this section.
Forum rules
Please do not discuss breeders or raise issues concerning breeders on the forum. This has created problems in the past and many breeders are not members and unable to defend any claim you may make.
Gillan
First Name: Gillian

Miniature Schnauzer London/Surrey

Post by Gillan » 15 May 2020, 10:59

Hi All

Myself and my partner are looking to get a miniature schnauzer. We live in Wimbledon but happy to travel to meet/collect the pup. We are happy to wait for litters but are very keen to have a dog in our lives as soon as possible. We were waiting to complete our house and now that this is ready we feel in a good position to give a pup a home.
Does anyone know of any breeders in my area? Any suggestion of where to start would be great! I have been looking on KC website and dogs4homes but just thought someone on here might have some good advice!

Thanks in advance!

Gillian

zeta1454
First Name: Leigh
Dog #1: Magic
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 20 Apr 2010
Dog #2: Trilby
Born: 15 Mar 2012
Dog #3: Pip
Born: 21 Feb 2014

Re: Miniature Schnauzer London/Surrey

Post by zeta1454 » 15 May 2020, 16:30

Hi Gillian and welcome to the Forum :)

Unfortunately due to the Covid-19 restrictions, many reputable breeders are delaying litters until the situation improves and breeders generally are being inundated with requests for puppies since the lockdown started. Sadly the worst kind of breeder / puppy farmers are cashing in on this and you may find it better to wait some months more to avoid falling for a puppy from these backgrounds and to allow the better breeders time to sift through the thoughtless enquiries from people just looking for a lockdown dog which will be abandoned once life gets back to some kind of normality.

Generally speaking, I would avoid any online seller and restrict your search to breeders on the Kennel Club Assured Breeder Lists or any credible recommendations although in both cases you must check out the breeder yourself as to how confident you are as to their knowledge of the breed, how they raise their puppies, the health tests that have been or will be carried out, whether you are getting a contract of sale and lifetime support and advice re your new puppy from the breeder. This is a brief list but there is more detailed information and advice on topics in the Puppy Care and Breeder sections on the Board Index so do check these out.

It is always best to be prepared to wait and to travel to find a first class breeder rather than compromise on a poor quality breeding set up just because they have pups available or are close by where you live.

I will also send a PM to you as recommended breeder details cannot be posted on the public page.
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Magic - Silversocks Sharade at Darksprite
Trilby - Darksprite Rosa Bud

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/C ... 916994967/

DeeC
First Name: Dee

Post by DeeC » 30 May 2020, 15:33

Hello, I have a very similar question around breeders. I lost my black schnauzer (Scooby) 2 years ago and feel about ready now to have a new dog without feeling like I’m replacing him. I would ideally like a black and silver and am happy to wait for the right breeder and litter. Please could someone Pm me with any reputable breeders who may have black and silver parents. Thank you so much.
Denise

zeta1454
First Name: Leigh
Dog #1: Magic
Born: 20 Apr 2010
Dog #2: Trilby
Born: 15 Mar 2012
Dog #3: Pip
Born: 21 Feb 2014

Post by zeta1454 » 01 Jun 2020, 06:57

DeeC wrote:
30 May 2020, 15:33
Hello, I have a very similar question around breeders. I lost my black schnauzer (Scooby) 2 years ago and feel about ready now to have a new dog without feeling like I’m replacing him. I would ideally like a black and silver and am happy to wait for the right breeder and litter. Please could someone Pm me with any reputable breeders who may have black and silver parents. Thank you so much.
Denise
Hi Denise - I have sent you a PM :)
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Magic - Silversocks Sharade at Darksprite
Trilby - Darksprite Rosa Bud

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/C ... 916994967/

DeeC
First Name: Dee

Post by DeeC » 03 Jun 2020, 17:54

Thanks so much for the information and advice.

I loved using this forum years ago, especially when Scooby was young, and it’s lovely to see it still going strong.

Denise