Miniature Schnauzer KC assured breeders Sussex

Need help using the forum. Then please ask here. We will be along shortly to give assistance about using the forum or questions about any of the features.
Forum rules
Please do not post questions regarding your dog here. This area allows people to ask questions about using the forum. Any specific issues relating to your dog can be raised in the appropriate section. All the advice will work on a desktop PC running Windows 7 or Windows 8. Unless specified, it has not been tested on tablets or smartphones.
Vicki89
First Name: Vicki

Miniature Schnauzer KC assured breeders Sussex

Post by Vicki89 »

Hi there,

I am new to this forum. Looking for some recommendations if possible.As a bit of background we tragically lost our beloved black miniature schnauzer Lola a few months ago due to her suddenly coming down with haemorrhagic gastroenteritis and Even though she was immediately taken to the emergency vet and despite all their efforts she wasn’t improving and suffered a totally unexpected cardiac arrest and they were unable to save her. She was the most incredible dog and was only 7 so we feel like we have been robbed of so many years together and it has left us and our 5 year old totally heartbroken.

We have had lengthy discussions about getting another dog in the future and we just adore the miniature schnauzers because of their distinctive personalities and traits. We would ideally be looking for a black and silver birch this time.

I just wondered if anyone has a recommendation of a Kennel club assured breeder within Sussex and if they are expecting any litters within the next few months. I have been checking kennel club however it obviously only shows current litters and majority are really quite a distance from us near Brighton.

Best wishes

Vicki
zeta1454
First Name: Leigh
Dog #1: Magic
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 20 Apr 2010
Dog #2: Trilby
Born: 15 Mar 2012
Dog #3: Pip
Born: 21 Feb 2014

Re: Miniature Schnauzer KC assured breeders Sussex

Post by zeta1454 »

Hello Vicki and welcome to the Forum :)

I am so sorry to hear about Lola’s passing which must have been a terrible shock to you all.

I will send you an email with some recommendations as regards breeders of black and silver miniature schnauzers on the Assured Breeder’s list but cannot say whether or not they have an upcoming litter or if their current waiting list is full.

On a general note, you are absolutely doing the right thing in searching on the ABS list as a starting point but you will have to bear in mind that the best breeders do often have long waiting lists and this may mean getting your name on one for the future which may be many months away. Black and silver miniature schnauzers are much more rare than pepper & salt so, if this is a priority, you are also restricting the number of potential sources of a well bred puppy, as with wanting a bitch. You may have already done this but, if not, it is a good idea to consider whether you are open to compromise on any aspect of your ‘ideal’ puppy in terms of colour, sex, or location. Definitely do not compromise on the quality of the breeder but you may increase your chances of getting a puppy sooner if you are open to broadening where you are looking, if you are willing to take e.g. a P&S mini and /or a male.

Speaking from experience, we have travelled long distances in the past for a puppy; waited (although not for a mini schnauzer pup) 3 years to get a puppy from a good breeder and, one one occasion, took a male mini schnauzer puppy when the breeder did not have a bitch available although we had wanted another bitch at the time. I must say that male dogs can be very affectionate and often less temperamental than the bitches although it is impossible to generalise but we never regretted taking the male mini pup who was a sweetheart, got on wonderfully with our two female minis and the male affenpinscher who joined our family later and he is very much missed still 11 years since he passed away.
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Magic - Silversocks Sharade at Darksprite
Trilby - Darksprite Rosa Bud

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/C ... 916994967/
Vicki89
First Name: Vicki

Re: Miniature Schnauzer KC assured breeders Sussex

Post by Vicki89 »

Hi there,

Thank you so much for your reply!!! I really appreciate it. We are absolutely happy to compromise on colour, just our ideal would be black and silver. We have decided the only colour we don’t want is black as we don’t want a direct comparison between our new family member and our beloved Lola. (I know that may sound silly to others)

I will have a look at the message you have sent with possible breeders.

Again thank you so much
Vicki x