Reputable Breeders in London / surrounding areas

Information on finding your puppy, the Assured Breeders Scheme, the Kennel Club and issues relating to breeding your Schnauzer are dealt with in this section.
Forum rules
Please do not discuss breeders or raise issues concerning breeders on the forum. This has created problems in the past and many breeders are not members and unable to defend any claim you may make.
will_ainsworth
First Name: William

Reputable Breeders in London / surrounding areas

Post by will_ainsworth »

Hi all,
I hope you are enjoying seeing the new year in.

me and my partner are looking to get a miniature jet black pup this year. My sister had a beautiful schnauzer that sadly passed a few years ago but he was the most beautiful dog with such a lovely temperament. We have decided to get a miniature schnauzer ourselves after looking after him and falling in love with his good nature and would love to know if anyone had any recommendations for trusted breeders in the London area.

I have actually reached out to the breeder my sister used who is based up in Morecambe and whilst we are happy to travel anywhere. I think it's also good to speak to a few different breeders.

I've signed up to champdogs but always think the best way to really find out is from personal experience/recommendations.

I really appreciate any help you can provide.

Will
zeta1454
First Name: Leigh
Dog #1: Magic
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 20 Apr 2010
Dog #2: Trilby
Born: 15 Mar 2012
Dog #3: Pip
Born: 21 Feb 2014

Re: Reputable Breeders in London / surrounding areas

Post by zeta1454 »

Hi Will and welcome to the Forum :)

Recommendations of individual breeders will have to be by private message or email only but you could have a browse through the Assured Breeder lists on the Kennel Club website. This link gives more information about the scheme and explains the requirements for a breeder to be listed which should give you some reassurance that health testing and welfare of the dogs are a priority. The list of breeders can be found further down the linked page:

https://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/dog-br ... -breeders/

I will email you a possible contact in the south of England who I could recommend from personal experience but, if you already have a first class breeder in mind I woukd certainly not let the travelling put you off from approaching them. The quality of the breeder is a priority and knowing that they are passionate about the health and well being of their dogs and puppies. Eye screen certificates for parent dogs and the litter should all be available to potential puppy families and DNA results for MAC for parent dogs. If you check out the Breeding and Puppy Sections on the Forum you will find more information on what to look for in a breeder as also on the Kennel Club website.

Black miniature schnauzers are less common than the Pepper & Salt colouring so, if colour really does matter, you will find you have fewer good breeders to select from so that is something to bear in mind and do be willing to wait and to travel to find a puppy from the best breeders. You could also consider joining one of the breed clubs (Miniature Schnauzer Club; Northern Schnauzer Club or Schnauzer Club of Great Britain ) which will put you in contact with both breeders and other schnauzer families.

Good luck in your search :)
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Magic - Silversocks Sharade at Darksprite
Trilby - Darksprite Rosa Bud

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/C ... 916994967/
will_ainsworth
First Name: William

Post by will_ainsworth »

Thank you! will check my emails now!
Cotton
First Name: Sarah

Post by Cotton »

Sorry to jump in ( I could not work out how to do a new post) could I also be sent an email with the good breeders in the south of England please.
I am not looking right now as only lost my schnauzer boy this December gone 😒 but would be great to know if/when in the future I decided to get another..
Thank you so much
zeta1454
First Name: Leigh
Dog #1: Magic
Born: 20 Apr 2010
Dog #2: Trilby
Born: 15 Mar 2012
Dog #3: Pip
Born: 21 Feb 2014

Post by zeta1454 »

Cotton wrote: 17 Jan 2023, 12:50 Sorry to jump in ( I could not work out how to do a new post) could I also be sent an email with the good breeders in the south of England please.
I am not looking right now as only lost my schnauzer boy this December gone 😒 but would be great to know if/when in the future I decided to get another..
Thank you so much
I am so sorry to read of the loss of your schnauzer boy - it is always devastating when a much loved dog passes.

I will email you a link to a breeder in the south I know personally but it is worth doing some individual research to speak to and meet as many breeders as you can, face to face if possible, so you can feel confident yourself that you can trust them and can rely on them not only in terms of raising their puppies well but also that they will offer lifetime of the puppy/dog support and advice. You need to feel comfortable with them and happy to discuss any and all issues or queries regarding your potential new puppy.
Do check out the Assured Breeder Lists on the Kennel Club - the link is on my reply to the OP above. You could also visit Crufts in March where there is a Discover Dogs section as well as the show rings with owners and breeders on hand to chat. There are also other championship dog shows in the coming months where you will be able to talk to and meet a number of breeders and their dogs in the one place. It is always best to be prepared to travel as well as wait for the best breeders so don’t confine your search to the south of England necessarily. Personal recommendations are useful but different people have different expectations of a ‘good’ breeder’ and sometimes people just don’t get on with a breeder, however reputable they are, for no specific reason and when getting a puppy it is so important that you do have an on-going and trusted relationship with your puppy’s breeder.

Good luck in your search and you are right to be looking into this early and trying to make contacts for the future whenever the time is right for you to introduce your new canine family member :)
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Magic - Silversocks Sharade at Darksprite
Trilby - Darksprite Rosa Bud

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/C ... 916994967/