Bert - the GS Police Puppy!

The Giant Schnauzer is an example of working breed of dog and has a dense, coarse coat that protects them against the elements and vermin. The Giant Schnauzer is the largest of the three breeds.
Forum rules
Please feel free to post here if your topic does not fit into one of the categories under 'Caring for your Schnauzer'. There are sections for breeding, feeding, grooming, showing and many more that may be more appropriate than this generic section
HugoBrum
First Name: Doug
Dog #1: Hugo
is a: Black Giant Dog
Born: 28 Feb 2017
Dog #2: Nina
is a: Black Giant Bitch
Born: 29 Nov 2019

Bert - the GS Police Puppy!

Post by HugoBrum »

Well I had a thread on 'Albert' - the GS Police Dog were he is now with his official handler in Plymouth and I did mention on that thread, the Training handler was getting a new GS puppy to train called 'Bert' and I thought I would do a separate thread solely related to him and see how he grows and progresses.

Here is the first video of 'Bert' after arriving at his new home - he looks a bundle of mischief and fun! See: https://twitter.com/DC_PoliceDogs/statu ... 0894345217
Nina But never forget Hugo.
My owners are Doug and Glynis
HugoBrum
First Name: Doug
Dog #1: Hugo
is a: Black Giant Dog
Born: 28 Feb 2017
Dog #2: Nina
is a: Black Giant Bitch
Born: 29 Nov 2019

Re: Bert - the GS Police Puppy!

Post by HugoBrum »

Although I have not put any updates about Bert since first posting 11 months ago, Bert the GS Police Puppy has come on leaps and bounds in his training and he comes across one hell of happy character. However, sad news in the last couple of days, Bert is unable to carry on with his training due to right hip that is not suitable for him to continue as a Police dog. This is such a shame, because he would have been a fantastic Police Dog, following in the footsteps of Albert. Bert's trainer clearly is devastated and all his followers. See: https://twitter.com/DC_PoliceDogs/statu ... 4556939769
Nina But never forget Hugo.
My owners are Doug and Glynis
Dawnspell
First Name: Alison
Dog #1: Barney RIP 8/3/19
is a: White Mini Dog
Born: 06 Feb 2013
Dog #2: Jasper
is a: White Mini Dog
Born: 25 Apr 2019

Re: Bert - the GS Police Puppy!

Post by Dawnspell »

Thats so sad. Hopefully the breeder finds him a new home.
Our first family dog
Barney - Pocketpark Biali Eyebright 6/2/13 - 8/3/19 Gone too soon
Motto for owners who groom their own Schnauzers -"Never mind it'll soon grow back"