Mini Schnauzer problem with pee and water

Need help or advice on feeding your Schnauzer, whether it be kibble or treats, you'll find the information here. There is food reviews, recipes, remedies for poorly tummies and a wealth of feeding knowledge from your fellow Schnauzer owner. We cover BARF in a separate section.
mihalis19
First Name: Michael

Mini Schnauzer problem with pee and water

Post by mihalis19 »

Hello. I have a female mini schnauzer. She is 6 months old and i think i have a serious problem.
She doesent drinks water. I tried a lot things like different bowls but she doesent drinks.
She plays a lot and i cant she something bad in her behavior.

The second problem is that because she doesent drinks water she doesnt also pee.
I guiding her in the diaper (outside the home) where is the main place i want her to pee and also we are going for walks
but she doesnt pee. Im also using a spray to attract her.

A lot times she holds like 10 - 15 hours. And last days when she pees before she finish she is walking.

Im so confused and i dont want to have a problem.

I also wnet to a vet , he saw her bladder and he didnt noticed something.

Btw i was using the crate training. When she wasnt peeing i put her in the crate. But i stopped it. She was holding more and more hours without
peeing.

Any ideas? Help?
Thanks
Dawnspell
First Name: Alison
Dog #1: Barney RIP 8/3/19
is a: White Mini Dog
Born: 06 Feb 2013
Dog #2: Jasper
is a: White Mini Dog
Born: 25 Apr 2019

Re: Mini Schnauzer problem with pee and water

Post by Dawnspell »

Jasper is a monkey for not drinking a lot. He will drink more from bowls outside and only one bowl inside. I've tried weak bone broth and hydration additive such as A-Ok9 Fresh but he doesnt like them but she might do.

If shes having wet food she will be getting moisture from that. If eating kibble you could try soaking it first to increase fluid intake. I wouldnt worry too much about holding on that seems to be a schnauzer thing. Jasper can hold on for 12-14 hours even when hes got access to outside he wont bother, he'll wait for a walk :))

Is it a recent thing or has she always not drunk a lot ?
Our first family dog
Barney - Pocketpark Biali Eyebright 6/2/13 - 8/3/19 Gone too soon
Motto for owners who groom their own Schnauzers -"Never mind it'll soon grow back"