Please advisee👍

The Standard Schnauzer is a working or utility dog and is the original breed of the three sizes. Standard Schnauzers are generally a robust, squarely built, medium-sized dog with aristocratic bearings.
Forum rules
Please feel free to post here if your topic does not fit into one of the categories under 'Caring for your Schnauzer'. There are sections for breeding, feeding, grooming, showing and many more that may be more appropriate than this generic section
Sampolish
First Name: Sam

Please advisee👍

Post by Sampolish »

Hello and welcome all, it's my first post on here.

So the deal is : I've had really tough time lately(family, relationship and depression) but bounced back and trying my best to live happier,
I miss my standard Obi1 so much, had to leave him with my mum. Just got new good job that allows me to support myself, and I want to bring back my 5 yo doggo.
Please advise me where would you leave your dog while at work???
I've concidered doggo day care(25£ a day is a lot for me)
Really need any good ideas guys. Tia
zeta1454
First Name: Leigh
Dog #1: Magic
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 20 Apr 2010
Dog #2: Trilby
Born: 15 Mar 2012
Dog #3: Pip
Born: 21 Feb 2014

Re: Please advisee👍

Post by zeta1454 »

Hi Sam,

I can understand how much you must miss your dog but you do need to think about how much quality time you are going to be able to spend with Obi1 if you bring him back to your home. Dogs do need companionship as well as mental and physical stimulation and, if a dog is left alone for long periods of time it can lead to serious stress and mental as well as physical health issues. However, it is not necessarily a case that Obi1 may need ‘all day care’ as long as you are able to give him quality time, exercise morning and evening before and after work and find a dog walking/ dog sitting service for him during the middle part of the day.

Do you have any friends, relatives or neighbours who might be able to help and that you would trust to spend some time with Obi1 walking him, playing or just being there with him through a couple of hours in the day. Most mature dogs will cope with some hours alone but are likely to suffer if it is longer than a few hours or so. Is your Mum too far away to help you with this? Depending how long that Obi1 has been staying with her up to now you do also need to think about the relationship they may have which will be disrupted if you take him away from her. It could help Obi1 if he was still able to spend some time with her regularly anyway unless it has not been a close relationship or not for very long?

I would definitely be looking for someone - friend or professional - who could dog-sit for a few hours in the middle of the day and which would be less costly financially than a full doggy daycare facility.
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Magic - Silversocks Sharade at Darksprite
Trilby - Darksprite Rosa Bud

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/C ... 916994967/