Dog Friendly Holiday in France

Found a nice dog coat? Found a cozy pub that's Schnauzer friendly or even a Schnauzer friendly B&B. Feel free to share it here. Basically anything that we would want to buy for our Schnauzer goes here.
Paxo
Puppy

Dog Friendly Holiday in France

Post by Paxo »

Just had to post this as we have just got back from a great week in Brittany. We stayed in a lovely family run gite ( http://www.gitessouthbrittany.com/ ) where dogs are welcome not just tolerated. The couple who run it live on site and couldn't be more friendly and helpful. They have an agility course in their garden which visitors can use with supervision. Elaine was more than happy to work with me and Paxo developing and improving various areas including contacts which were not our strong point!! She was so enthusiastic and encouraging we thoroughly enjoyed our (almost daily! Elaine was never too busy) training sessions. The local area is lovely and dogs are allowed almost everywhere, including really nice restuarants. Altogether a wonderful half term, although I think Paxo is enjoying the rest today!!

(puppysleep)
dannie_kl

Re: Dog Friendly Holiday in France

Post by dannie_kl »

wow that sounds amazing! maybe we'll have to get the gang's pet passports done and test it out ourselves sometime
mookie&me

Post by mookie&me »

Lovely to get recommendations. Keep them coming! Glad you had a lovely holiday. Makes all the difference when you can take your dogs everywhere. Even just going to Cornwall I had to check if I could take Mookie on the beach...

The first mini schnauzer I met that made me fall in love with the breed was actually in a restaurant in France at the next table.. He was gorgeous and called Sebastian. Fabulous name. (cool)
dannie_kl

Post by dannie_kl »

mookie&me wrote:Lovely to get recommendations. Keep them coming! Glad you had a lovely holiday. Makes all the difference when you can take your dogs everywhere. Even just going to Cornwall I had to check if I could take Mookie on the beach...

The first mini schnauzer I met that made me fall in love with the breed was actually in a restaurant in France at the next table.. He was gorgeous and called Sebastian. Fabulous name. (cool)
YOu are right that is a quality name! yes when i went to somerset it really was wonderful to be able to have the dogs there!