Collar recommendations

Found a nice dog coat? Found a cozy pub that's Schnauzer friendly or even a Schnauzer friendly B&B. Feel free to share it here. Basically anything that we would want to buy for our Schnauzer goes here.
toffsmum

Re: Collar recommendations

Post by toffsmum »

This site is cheaper for the Hamish McBeth collars and they sometimes have sales as well

http://www.waggiesboutique.co.uk/index. ... QwodLknY9g
dannie_kl

Post by dannie_kl »

they are such gorgeous collars! really will have to remember these links for when Kolo needs his new grown up collar!
Caramomo
Site Admin
First Name: Elaine
Dog #1: Cara
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 05 Dec 2006
Dog #2: Momo
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 14 Aug 2009
Dog #3: Molly
Born: 01 Aug 2010

Post by Caramomo »

Cara has leather collars from http://www.hollyandlil.co.uk/.

When she was younger we got through one collar about every 6-8 weeks, even leather ones as they would get dirty, chewed and pulled by a friends great dane as she found them to be a useful hold point when playing with Cara. One leather collar was on the biggest hole when I bought it - three months later having tightened it regularly I had to throw it away as it was too big - it had been stretched by the dane playing with Cara and throwing her around with it. In the first year I spent about £60-70 on collars.

I had always liked the Holly and Lil collars but thought they were a bit expensive so when I saw them at Crufts with a few sale collars - I thought I'd give one a shot - it lasted 18 months and the only reason its not still going is I bought a cowhide one and Cara has scratched the hairs out - the leather edge is still beautiful. So this Year Cara got two - one full leather in vanilla with gold trim (for everyday use) and one in blue chinese brocade all covered in pretty flowers (this is her posh one for special occasions). I fully expect both to last several years and so having worked out what I spent on the cheapy collars - I will save a small fortune. As soon as Mo is full grown she will get her own collar (in a different colour of course, so many to choose from!).
Cara and Mo, two black mini's and Molly a black & white Heinz 57 all served by Elaine, the cook, poop picker, and chief toy thrower.
I live by the Mini Schnauzer code; when in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!
dannie_kl

Post by dannie_kl »

they are beautiful! i had a mooch round holly and lil and some of the brocade collars are on sale! tempting..VERY TEMPTING.................................
perrypooh

Post by perrypooh »

hehe I stock a small range of dublin dog collars and they are very good, the sizing is odd though that's the only fault I find. I also stock the Sally Hopkins fleece lined collars which I like a lot, very good for dogs with sensitive necks and very comfortable for all dogs to wear - come in a wide range of colours, extremely soft fleece which greatly decreases the pressure on the throat when the dog is on leash.
paula

Post by paula »

august23 wrote:Those collars are lovely, might have to get Ottolot one for indoors. He wears his Ceaser Milan on walks and it's great (bigthumbs) but I think they have to be one to wear one [mini dog]
Ok, tell me what kind of collar are the Ceaser Milan. Never come across them. Would love to know more.
Schnauzers forever