Sapphires Journey

If your Schnauzer is Best in Show at the county fair or CRUFTS, share it with all of us. You will find show listings along with results from the various dog shows around the country. You will more than likely spot a few members in the show ring.
Tulip

Re: Sapphires Journey

Post by Tulip »

I wish Maisy had a coat like that! She's beautiful, and she looks so handsome in the stack, you can just tell from that age right up that she's going to go far. I also left Maisy's coat by the bum and tail, just because it's so much harder to do! She's grown like billyo - I wouldn't be surprised to see her AND Kolo at Crufts in March. ;)
dannie_kl

Post by dannie_kl »

I certainly hope so beth-you need to take maisy to see that lady soon esepcially if you are entering east of england!
Caramomo
Site Admin
First Name: Elaine
Dog #1: Cara
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 05 Dec 2006
Dog #2: Momo
Born: 14 Aug 2009
Dog #3: Molly
Born: 01 Aug 2010

Post by Caramomo »

She is looking very nice Dannie, her coat is coming along lovely. Do I spot a little growth needed to level out her topline? Just behind her shoulders, or is that the way she is stood?
Cara and Mo, two black mini's and Molly a black & white Heinz 57 all served by Elaine, the cook, poop picker, and chief toy thrower.
I live by the Mini Schnauzer code; when in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!
dannie_kl

Post by dannie_kl »

well puppies go all out of proportion when they are in their growing stages-she went through a stage when her neck looked very stuffy for a short while but now she looks a little like ET, her neck looks longer and her head looks a little wide! lol
Caramomo
Site Admin

Post by Caramomo »

Yes, of course, silly me! At one point Mo's bum was alot higher than her shoulders, worring but so funny to look at!
Cara and Mo, two black mini's and Molly a black & white Heinz 57 all served by Elaine, the cook, poop picker, and chief toy thrower.
I live by the Mini Schnauzer code; when in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

My mum called Maisy Giraffe for a while when she was all gawky!

I'm entering in the Peterborough one, Dannie - is there a fossedata link for it? Can I enter online? I was going to enter the one next month that's HERE in Norwich, but it's just too soon - Maisy is a BRAT with other dogs in the ring and only walks like a champ when she's by herself. So more practise first, me thinks! Are you taking this young lady or Kolo?

I seriously wouldn't be surprised if she is in Crufts by March - only two months before you can show her and by the looks of things, she'll be ready!
Caramomo
Site Admin

Post by Caramomo »

Do you mean Peterborough and District Canine Association Show or East of England Show (held at Peterborough showground)?

For PDCA via Fossedata;
http://www.fossedata.co.uk/entry.asp?ref=PETE_JUL_10

EOE details;
http://www.fossedata.co.uk/entry.asp?ref=EAST_JUL_10

This is the EOE show page
http://www.eastofengland.org.uk/july_show.htm

Whichever one you choose, good luck!
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

Oooo, thank you!
dannie_kl

Post by dannie_kl »

sapphire is just too young for east of england! her first show is bournemouth i think! you'd be surprised at how well some dogs do behave, have confidence in her! she will get there.
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

Welp, just need to check with my mama about the dates, and if we can make it, I'm going to enter online this weekend (get paid on Friday). I'll start a new thread for 'What to expect at your first show' as I don't want to clutter the lovely Sapphire's!
dannie_kl

Post by dannie_kl »

Gosh its been so long since I have put any updates on here but to be truthful i havent had a great deal to report, we have gone along to our class each week and we are making good progress, Sapphire is teething at the moment, for ages i have been checking to see if she was losing any teeth but she wasn't-now she has lost virtually all her front teeth top and bottom in one go! so at class they dont check her teeth at all as i dont want anyone to upset her as her mouth may be a little sore but she is doing well just standing on the table then doing her routine on the mats!
We have booked our first show as well! Sapphire will make her debut at Bounemouth Championship show so for now its a case of keep turning up for class and practising and to keep working on her coat!
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

Not sure how I missed this!

Can't WAIT to see her at the show, how's her coat doing? Any um, pics to share? :D
dannie_kl

Post by dannie_kl »

the only pics i have are not very nice ones tbh, but her coat is coming good now!
Caramomo
Site Admin

Post by Caramomo »

Well that's no excuse woman! What are you waiting for? Get snapping we wanna see that gorgeous coat!
dannie_kl

Post by dannie_kl »

its hard keeping this young whipper snapper still long enough! lol
i'll see what pictures i can get!