Did anyone see...

Barking, humping, aggression are covered here. If you have a behavioural issue, please raise it here. Whether it be good or bad.
Darwinsmum

Re: Did anyone see...

Post by Darwinsmum »

Just because I use reward based conditioning training doesn't mean that I never say no or enough or too bad firmly. I also use my body language too. Withdrawing of my attention and ignoring the dog works wonders too. However for instance once they've gotten away with stealing food the reward of the food is worth the risk to them. It's remembering to train the behaviours you want before they do the ones you don't want. The key is to always stay one step ahead lol.
Darwin and Mia 2 heatbeats at my feet
A life without dogs - I don't think so!
www.lincsdogtraining.co.uk
jentucker
First Name: Jeanette
Dog #1: Flint
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 21 Jun 2011

Post by jentucker »

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." (Unknown)
Cookiez
First Name: Darren
Dog #1: Daisy
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 14 Aug 2009

Post by Cookiez »

http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/item/3943" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MadiMum
Puppy
First Name: Fiona
Dog #1: Madison
is a: Black Giant Bitch
Born: 29 Sep 2010

Post by MadiMum »

If you can believe the Daily Mail (giggle) there was more to this than met the eye! But at least it looks like the 'dog man' is no more.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... RSPCA.html
Owned by Madi (Giant Schnauzer), Dax and Indi (German Shepherds) and Lexie and Millie (Lab / Collie rescues)..... never a dull moment....