RE. Primrose

Saying goodbye to our Schnauzers is the hardest part. Share your memories here as we bid farewell to our beloved friends. They've crossed the bridge and returned to the meadow in full health and free of injuries. Running free. We won't forget.
Wolfmother
First Name: Allison
Dog #1: Ludo
Born: 22 Jan 2012

Re: RE. Primrose

Post by Wolfmother »

Am so very sorry to read this post my heart goes out to both of you at such a dreadful time.

When my very,very dearly beloved cat died last August I had a vivid dream that he was lying at the bottom of a ladder, that I was at the top of, outside our drive gates, when I got closer he was dying but was smiling and was saying he loved me and goodbye, it was one of those rare dreams where you feel the emotion and I woke up feeling so extraordinarily sad. As you can probably guess I opened the drive gates(at this point he was late in for breakfast and I was half joking with the family about the dream I had ) and he was lying dead out in the road just beyond the gates. Like you I have no firm beliefs, sometimes things defy explanation and we can just take comfort from them.

Again am so very sorry for your loss, I try to avoid posts in the Rainbow Bridge section not because I don't care but because I have a bleeding heart and without fail they ALL reduce me to tears, but I had to say how sorry I was after reading so much about you and your wee girl.

Night, night Primrose xxxx
Mummy to Agent Ludo, Ludwig, The Ludofski, or Ludo to you, born 22/1/12
janek
First Name: Alison
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 14 Sep 2011
is a: P/S Mini Bitch

Post by janek »

I am so sorry to hear your sad news. I lost Heidi last August to liver disease. My parents then sadly lost their boxer a few weeks later. It was a terrible time without any dogs.

Just after loosing both dogs, I went to my parents for Sunday dinner as usual and we had roast chicken, both of the dogs favorite, as they got some for their tea too.
At the dinner table, I felt the presence of both dogs either side of me as they usually sat, and I mentally gave them some bits of chicken. One of the side effects of chicken on Heidi, was that it gave her wind.
I got in the car, took a few deep breaths and started the engine, I then got an overpowering smell of flowers through the air vents,
Unfortunately, the smell I smelt in the car on the way home was not flowers but chicken wind. I knew then that she had been there and managed to get some chicken.
Its hard to drive and cry, but I was lifted by knowing she was around.

I now have an adorable little girl called Klara.
Caramomo
Site Admin
First Name: Elaine
Dog #1: Cara
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 05 Dec 2006
Dog #2: Momo
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 14 Aug 2009
Dog #3: Molly
Born: 01 Aug 2010

Post by Caramomo »

I am so very sorry Glyn. You obviously had a great bond with Primrose, perhaps your experiences were her way of acknowledging that and letting you know that she is now pain free. Our friendship with dogs is a powerful thing and you gave Primrose the ultimate gift of that friendship, you took all her pain and took it into yourself to allow her to be free.

Sleep well sweetheart, your paws have left prints on so many hearts.
Cara and Mo, two black mini's and Molly a black & white Heinz 57 all served by Elaine, the cook, poop picker, and chief toy thrower.
I live by the Mini Schnauzer code; when in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!
HighPeaker

Post by HighPeaker »

I have just caught up with your news about Primrose in a roundabout way. It's heartbreaking having to say goodbye to our dogs. Both my husband and I sat and cried the whole night through when we had to have our mini boy Stanley put to sleep last year. It's such a painful thing to have to do. I'm fairly new to this forum, but I do want to send my condolences as Primrose was obviously a well loved member of your family and what happenend was very sad for you. I'm so glad you now have Lilly to help ease your pain at having to let her go.