Clippers

Found a nice dog coat? Found a cozy pub that's Schnauzer friendly or even a Schnauzer friendly B&B. Feel free to share it here. Basically anything that we would want to buy for our Schnauzer goes here.
NSB

Clippers

Post by NSB »

can anyone recommend clippers for minature. she normally goes the the groomers but trying not to take her soften. thanks
Dinkum
Tech Team
First Name: Dean
Dog #1: Rupert RIP
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 24 Dec 2010
Dog #2: Watson
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 21 Feb 2012

Re: Clippers

Post by Dinkum »

I have a set of Andis single speed clippers with a 10 and 7f blade. Had it for 3 years now and still very happy with it trimming two boys on a regular basis. I actually did Watson this afternoon under the mulberry trees. They are expensive (£100+) but worth every penny. You won't need to be any other clipper.
Dean (Dog dad)
Rupert, black mini, 24/12/10 - 01/03/24
Watson, black mini born 21/02/12

I offer my advice freely, but I am not an expert, breeder, groomer or behaviourist. It is simply my experience of raising pups in a way that seems to make sense.
jaegervalder
First Name: Kathleen
Dog #1: Schnapps
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 25 Oct 2006
Dog #2: Darcie
Born: 29 Dec 2006
Dog #3: Juno
Born: 0- 0-2010

Post by jaegervalder »

I have the same as Dean, Andis single speed, with a 7 and 10 blade. You can get them for £90 online. Absolutely perfect for the job.
Schnapps , the lovely big sister to mental Darcie , the untouchable
and now introducing Juno Lucina Sparkle Marzipan Sunshine.....a big name for a big dog!!
and Kathleen! (Oh and Mel, OH!)
Eddie
First Name: Graham

Post by Eddie »

I've had a set of Andis for about 4 years. Mine are the 2 speed ones and I only have them because they were part of a deal and came with a pair of scissors and an extra blade. They were just over £100 if I remember correctly. It probably would be a good idea to shop around as the various dealers often have offers.
I don't know if the 2 speed ones are of any benefit as I only ever use mine on full speed. Also I don't know how that compares to the single speed ones.
Graham, Judie, Eddie (19-03-07 to 25-07-12), Mouse, Daisy and little Reilly. Image
Maty
First Name: Kate
Dog #1: Isaura Lucidus
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 10 Aug 2011
Dog #2: Darksprite Finn Mac
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 17 Mar 2013

Post by Maty »

I have Andis Single Speed, Cordless, with a 10 and 7f blade & they have been brilliant. I also have some Moser Arco's which are quieter and handy for doing Bums and faces as they seem to go from a 10 right down to a 2.
Maty

Rodders the Mini Pup, born 10/08/11, came home on 09/10/11
Creggan the Mini Pup, born 17/03/13, came home on 01/06/13

Proud of my Scottish Heritage
PellaPlu
Puppy

Post by PellaPlu »

Andis all the way!!!!
Mafia Don
Puppy
First Name: Gemma
Dog #1: Rhona
Born: 24 May 2006
Dog #2: Meggie
Born: 02 Jun 2008
Dog #3: Misty
Born: 0- 0-2011
is a: White Mini Bitch

Post by Mafia Don »

We have Andis 2 speed. The slower speed is great for doing around the face as it's a bit quieter. Think our blades are 7 and 10.

We also bought a can of Andis Cool Care which is a spray on coolant/oil/anti-bacterial thing for cooling the blades down in the middle of a clip when they've gotten a bit too warm. Not cheap but lasts for ages and makes things a bit comfier for the girls when they're being clipped.