schsh - dont wake the schnauzer !

Found a nice dog coat? Found a cozy pub that's Schnauzer friendly or even a Schnauzer friendly B&B. Feel free to share it here. Basically anything that we would want to buy for our Schnauzer goes here.
Bon-bon
First Name: Elaine
Dog #1: Bonnie
is a: Black Std Bitch
Born: 18 Feb 2013

schsh - dont wake the schnauzer !

Post by Bon-bon »

We're away for the weekend in dorset having a great time so far. Stopped in the New Forest on the away down and now staying in Lulworth Cove which is brilliant for dogs. Bonnie had such a wonderful time yesterday that she was exhausted last night and has slept so well that we've all had a lie in (by our normal standards). Maybe spoke too soon - she has now woken up so guess its time to go exploring for directly mornin walk !
Nika C
First Name: danika
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 0- 1- 0

Re: schsh - dont wake the schnauzer !

Post by Nika C »

Aw now I'm really gutted I'm poorly, I saw you were in Dorset and was going to say we'll meet you for a walk if you like, but I have a chest infection :(
Bon-bon

Post by Bon-bon »

Oh that's a shame. We're going back tomorrow morning cos of work going on at house. Bonnie loving her holiday so glad we made the effort. Currently wandering around Bovingdon area while oh pays a quick return visit to tank museum before last years ticket expires then off to Lawrence of Arabias house then Durdle Door for more beach fun.
Nika C
First Name: danika
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 0- 1- 0

Post by Nika C »

Sounds like a lovely day!
Gina

Post by Gina »

So many happy memories of Durdle Door but the walk back up in the heat is a bugger :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
BeeBee
First Name: Janetta

Post by BeeBee »

Love that area, Durdle Door, Man o War and Lulworth....all swimming spots to me :)
Jasmine (RIP) Renae b.01.11.10, sister to Susie-Belle (RIP), Twinkle (RIP), Cerise & Albert Claude puppy farm rescues, my muses
Creator of Schnauzerfest a good thing made possible by 1000s of good people & dogs
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Susie-Be ... 0289434936
http://www.janettaharvey.com/
Bon-bon

Post by Bon-bon »

Bon-bon wrote:directly mornin walk
hmm - that doesn't quite make sense ! Was using tapatalk with predictive text on my rather old, painfully slow mobile phone with a screen that kept fading !

Well back home now after an eventful journey but thankful the problem happened on the way home rather than the outward journey or during our stay. The clutch started playing up just after Winchester but miraculously we managed to get all the way to Epsom in 4th gear ! The car finally gave up in Epsom High street where the RAC had to come to the rescue. Bonnie none the worse for her extended journey and thankfully also, managed the whole weekend without any sign of the car-sickness that was quite a problem on longer journeys last year.

Anyway, a great weekend, staying at B&B that advertises being very dog-friendly, which it certainly was although if you were staying there without a dog you might not appreciate that fact, especially when the morning bark/growl chorus broke out :)) It was rather pricey for very basic accommodation though so another time might investigate going self-catering.

Love the area though and got a couple of swims in :) Bonnie joined me in Lulworth Cove although wasn't too happy when I disappeared off around the boats. Durdle Door wasn't so successful for Bonnie as it was too rough and even I got dragged under a wave trying to get in so we returned to Lulworth Cove (all the better for that climb up and down the hill!) where she spent ages happily playing with her ball at the waters edge. It was a shame we had to leave early today (after a quick look at the 'Stairhole') but with the car playing up probably just as well we hadn't left later.

Already planning for another 'Bonnie' holiday next year and hoping we might be able to get up to the Lake District where we have a particular hotel in mind that allow dogs in some of their rooms :)