Food review

Thought of something to make the forum better. Then please share. We welcome suggestions to improve the forum.
dannie_kl

Food review

Post by dannie_kl »

i just wondered what you all thought of this suggestion? new people always come on and one of the most common questions is what food should i feed. i wondered whether it might be worth compiling an information sticky on types of feeding and what they entail-BARF, wet food, dry food etc. and then maybe we could give an account of the food we feed and an overal view to give people an informed answer but without repeating ourselves numerous times-good idea or am i just being lazy?
Eddie
First Name: Graham

Re: Food review

Post by Eddie »

Where would you see it going. We already have separate sections for "Feeding, care and health" as well as "BARF" so I would have thought that feeding was pretty well covered.
Graham, Judie, Eddie (19-03-07 to 25-07-12), Mouse, Daisy and little Reilly. Image
dannie_kl

Post by dannie_kl »

perhaps just a sticky in the feeding section and when people ask about what food i can just say look her.......
ok so maybe i am just being lazy!
gareth_n_tracy
Puppy

Post by gareth_n_tracy »

How about a FAQ section with stickies containing the most common Q's & A's.
dannie_kl

Post by dannie_kl »

yes that may also be useful. all i was thinking is that each time we get a new member and they ask about food i find i am typing the same thing over and over again and whilst i dont mind i am lazy so look for a past post which i already wrote it all out in! think you could have a good idea there gareth_n_tracy
Eddie
First Name: Graham

Post by Eddie »

I don't have a problem with it. If you want to write something up I am happy to make it a sticky.
Graham, Judie, Eddie (19-03-07 to 25-07-12), Mouse, Daisy and little Reilly. Image
dannie_kl

Post by dannie_kl »

ok i'll have a little go with some drafts over the next couple of days and see what you think.
Caramomo
Site Admin
First Name: Elaine
Dog #1: Cara
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 05 Dec 2006
Dog #2: Momo
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 14 Aug 2009
Dog #3: Molly
Born: 01 Aug 2010

Post by Caramomo »

Yes - perhaps a sticky at the top of the feeding section and then another similar thing at the top of the grooming section on brushes and necessary equipment and the difference between clipping and stripping?
Cara and Mo, two black mini's and Molly a black & white Heinz 57 all served by Elaine, the cook, poop picker, and chief toy thrower.
I live by the Mini Schnauzer code; when in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

Yep Dannie girl has something (bigthumbs) a sticky on what best foods are out there as we do have a BARF SHOP LIST SO WOULD BE GOOD TO HAVE IDEAS ON DRY AND WET FOODS oH BUM gone all capitals again
(sadsorry)
dannie_kl

Post by dannie_kl »

thats ok mitch we always excuse your capitals! yes agree with eliane about the brushes in the grooming section. it would mean new members and people who forget have something to refer back to as opposed to searching through topics if it was an old post that was made as i know my most detailed posts are a bit older now in the food section-like i say, i am LAZY!
keith j

Post by keith j »

Mitch, you are so funny, always puts a smile on me when I see what you do.

Keith X
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

keith j wrote:Mitch, you are so funny, always puts a smile on me when I see what you do.

Keith X

Its an age thing i think (confused) (giggle)